St. John Providence Health System Employee Reviews

Nurse Extern (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2019
Great place to work. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hospital to work or go to for medical needs. SJP feels like a well connected family.
I worked there for along time if full resume is looked at
Pre-OP (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 1, 2019
very fast paced areto work getting individuals ready for the OR.
management wascnstant;y assuring that no one was late to getting people into the OR. the staff was an awesome team to work with.
I leared a lot anout what all needs to be on chart to be able to go into OR. Learned how to deal professionally with surgeons and anesthisiolgist
Pros
the workers its like a family
Cons
Management not for patients or associates
Open Opportunities
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 11, 2018
I appreciated the experience i endured while working here. Had an opportunity to work in environmental services and patient transportation and enjoyed my job.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
short breaks
Ascension's poorly managed take over of St. John hospitals
Clinical Dietitian, Ascension (Current Employee) –  novi, MIDecember 6, 2018
St. John hospitals were struggling, much like the rest of the hospital industry. And then came along the Ascension takeover... leading to mass layoffs, budget cuts, poor management, lack of support or respect for staff and over worked staff throughout the health system. But you better believe their CEO was on the news for millions of dollars bonus. This is what's wrong with healthcare!
Pros
Free lunches and great PTO via Compass Group
Cons
everything stated in my reviews.
Excellent
Patient Business Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 12, 2018
I have worked for St John Providence many years. It is a wonderful employer with an exceptional team work environment. I enjoyed serving the patients, and co-employee interactions.
Pros
Excellent all aroung experience
fun place to work
Oncology Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MI 48075November 9, 2018
patients and employees were a joy to work for and care for sometime management was not always understanding and supportive of their employees.

It was a nice place to work.
Pros
flexible schedula
Cons
sometimes too busy to get a break
Great Hospital and great staff
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 7, 2018
Our Southfield campus serves an ethnically and spiritually diverse community, and we strive to meet the special needs of the families we care for. We provide translation services for our non-English-speaking patients, and our Pastoral Care team includes representatives of various faiths.
We are actively engaged with city government, business and community organizations, and religious groups to ensure we’re meeting the needs of area residents and people invested in the health of our community. We also work with educational institutions on programs and clinical rotations for students aspiring to health care careers.
Pros
great MD's
Cons
beurocracy
corporate health at its worst
Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 2, 2018
Money is the motivation and patient care suffers. This system calls itself a mission but its only mission is too make administration rich. Cuts in staff made it a terrible experience. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
I work with good people
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 31, 2018
I appreciate echo conferences. I like the autonomy of my position. I wish they offered merit raises or some kind of compensation to motivate employees to do their best.
Was not here long enough to form a fair opinion
Executive Assistant to President and CMO (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 30, 2018
Employed here for only 8 months in which time I had to train myself while fulfilling the duties. Not a good fit for me. Very stressful . I ended up on medical leave.
Nice
Coordinator - Oncology (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 29, 2018
Nice staff and management. Pleasant and hardworking group. Everyone does their very best to adapt to all the changes. The doctors are top notch and it is a pleasure working for them.
Providence was a good hospital to work at while attending college.
Certified Nurse Aid (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 15, 2018
I was able to choose my own schedule and loved working the midnight shift. I was able to make most family gatherings and attend school during the day which helped me graduate on time.
Pros
Great benefits and retirement
Cons
Always short staffed
Productive Workplace-Family Culture
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20017October 8, 2018
I really enjoyed my work at Providence. The staff and management were polite and caring to the needs of the patients as well as the employees. It afforded a work life balance to all team members.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
The Hosptial is now closing
Destructive Environment
Central Service Technician III (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 26, 2018
This place will drain you completely. Newer, less experienced employees make more than the veterans. The work load is insurmountable! We can harly keep up.
Typical Billing Office
Manage Care Specialist - Oncology (Former Employee) –  Troy MISeptember 20, 2018
Lots of work to keep you more than busy! Learned a lot and was part of a good team. Typical day was working my manage care report and getting authorizations for chemo treatments. Billing and dropping claims ended my day. Lots of contact with office staff to obtain clinical documentation.
Pros
Good income
Cons
Not a lot of support from management
Busy but enjoyable place to work.
Patient and Visitor Liaison (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 20, 2018
A typical day here is quite busy. One of my managers was amazing. The hardest part of my job is dealing with rude people. Workplace culture is good. I enjoy my co-workers.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Not enough hours
great hours flexible
Emergency Room Registrar/Social Worker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emergency RoomSeptember 17, 2018
Supervisors are understanding. Hours are flexible. Everyone one is pleasant. Free luncheons by the pharmaceutical Representatives. The hardest part of my position is patients coming in at the same time wanting services right away.
Pros
Free luncheons by the pharmaceutical Reps
Cons
rude patients
Great place to work.
Director of Community Health (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 16, 2018
Very spiritual work environment and does well with change. Committed to providing care that treats the entire person—body, mind, and spirit—we've been a part of Ascension since 1999. We provide comprehensive prevention, primary care, and advanced treatment programs with more than 125 medical centers and seven hospital locations spanning four counties.
Like most places
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 8, 2018
The hospital overall isn't bad. However, the lab was full of drama and at the time I was there, the manager didn't pay any attention to what was going on, including when employees were being harassed. But that mgr. is gone now.
Worked night shift
Staff nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 7, 2018
Worked 8 hour night shift. Company pushed 12 hour shifts. Switched to computerized charting. Enjoyed caring for patients. Tried to spend time talking and teaching patients.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Pushed 12 hour shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. John Providence Health System. Our community is ready to answer.