St. John Providence Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Faith based and family friendly
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 9, 2018
This is a great place to work. There have been myriad opportunities for career advancement with encouragement to balance work and home life. It is an honor to be part of this Catholic Health Ministry.
Moral with lots of politics
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 9, 2018
Lots of politics and the moral was always down depending on whether the manager was in a good mood or not. I learned a lot thru my coworkers and thru other people within the hospital setting.
Pros
Great Co workers
Cons
Involuntarily resigned due to mostly unprofessional conduct, ethics, morals within working environment within unit and management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 3, 2018
Lacks professionalism in teamwork. Management discusssions in confidentiality violated amongst unit staff. Requested staff to volunteer for lay offs through meeting and text messages. I formally e mailed management with no response to prevent lay offs of other peers at risk with less seniority.
Pros
Patient focused care
Cons
Retaliation utilized in disciplinary actions unjustly
Management doesnt care about staff
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 31, 2018
They don't care if we are short under staffed and under a great amount of pressure. As long as they make under budget, they're happy. It's hard to get a raise and most people are leaving the company.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 16, 2018
I love working at St. John Providence Health System was not intending to leave but my job was eliminated. I loved interacting with the physicians and staff.
Transport at St. John is terrible.
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 11, 2018
Not a healthy environment. A lot f problems from within. Wouldn’t recommend to friends. Or anyone for that matter. Not a career job so don’t treat it like one. (This is for touchpoint)

Working for St.John(actually Touchpoint) has been one of the worst experiences of my life. Quite honestly it’s a joke. They never excuse time away from work, anytime you call off no matter the reason you’ll receive an occurance. They make you work when sick(flu, pink eye, anything contagious, you still have to work) which I think is completely unsafe patients. The conflict of interest Here is amazing. None of management is qualified.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Terrible management, sad policies.
Not a bad hospital
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 24, 2018
Not a bad hospital to get your feet wet. Is a stable career choice. Opportunity to grow is available. Workers are hard working. Always looking to hire new workers.
If your willing to be content in your current situation
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 19, 2018
So if you are content in your current situation and don't want to grow this is the best place for you. Supervisors give piggyback to they favorite brown nosers
Pays well
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 11, 2018
Its a good place to work if you just care about working and getting your check at the end of every two weeks. Most co-workers are helpful. Just do your job and you will be fine at this company. Have to add they do go through lay offs.
Great co-workers, Poor management
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 10, 2018
The work environment on the floor was great! Doctors would interact for the most part with other staff members. However, in the office with direct management was very poor. Managers did not have direct supervision themselves so they were able to complete tasks how they saw fit without discipline if not correct.
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 30, 2018
I have loved working for St. John Providence. The education I received is remarkable and has provided a stable and productive job experience with knowledge and friendships I will cherish forever.
Overview
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 24, 2018
Great team players
Culturally diverse
Clear vision / mission
Staff members were supported each other
Environment was conducive to learning
Leaders created opportunities to promote growth within the organization.
fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIMay 19, 2018
Although we did the same things over and over again daily, the team made it fun. This is the most enjoyable part of that job. No one was singled out
Pros
sick and personal days
Okay work environment
Laboratory Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 17, 2018
The company taught me a lot but there seems to no room for growth within the company. I do a good job with where I am an I caught on very fast but that's what seems to be holding me back. I am the strongest member in my department on my shift and I feel they don't want to lose me in this position. I want to further my education within the laboratory in becoming a Technician but I cant get the change in shift I need.
Great Place to work; There is a chance for growth
Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 14, 2018
Since I work nights, typical night at work is good. Co workers always work with each other. They are fun to work with because they treat like a member of the family. Management always hears our concern and find ways to make our job easier.
Benefits
Ok
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 9, 2018
When I first started working at St John it seemed to be a nice place to work at. They started having layoffs this year and everything went downhill from there
Amazing people working in challenging health care times.
Vice President, Mission Integration (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 7, 2018
In my opinion, this organization (like others in health care) are doing there best to compete and maintain their Mission and Values in very challenging times.
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse, Medical Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 2, 2018
Fast paced environment with a lot of things to learn but the education is excellent. Staff will help if asked. Enjoyed all of the learning that occurred with this job.
I learn alot with St. John
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIApril 30, 2018
St. John Hospital float pool position was a temp position so i did not have any benefits with them. I worked at various different locations and worked with quite a few physicians. I also worked in alot of different departments.
Pros
It was float pool was great
Cons
It was a temp position
Busy Facility
Lead Technologist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 21, 2018
Fast paced and multi modality department. Never a dull moment. Large focus on OR procedures and long into the second shifts. No digital mobile imaging .
Pros
Technology
Cons
Staffing