St. John Providence Health System Employee Reviews

Destructive Environment
Central Service Technician III (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 26, 2018
This place will drain you completely. Newer, less experienced employees make more than the veterans. The work load is insurmountable! We can harly keep up.
Like most places
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 8, 2018
The hospital overall isn't bad. However, the lab was full of drama and at the time I was there, the manager didn't pay any attention to what was going on, including when employees were being harassed. But that mgr. is gone now.
Productive and a fun work place
Medical Coding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 5, 2018
Staffing is very knowledgeable and family oriented. The culture is diverse with plenty of room for growth and opportunity. I referred family to their service because I admire the hard work from the staff
Pros
location
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to work
Emergency Room Registrar/Social Worker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 2, 2018
I stayed there for 12 years while working on my degrees. My boss was very lenient and overtime was offered. I worked three 12 hour days and had four days off.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Seeing patients pass away
Great work life balance
Clinical Transformation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 29, 2018
Great place to work for with respect to work life balance. Work hours are close to 40 hrs per week but there is an ability to balance any overages later in the pay period
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
infrastructure and communication
Healthcare IT
Solution Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 21, 2018
Good people to work with. Good Clinical Leadership. Commitment to care. Training opportunities. Process and procedure oriented. Heads down workplace culture.
Faith based and family friendly
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 9, 2018
This is a great place to work. There have been myriad opportunities for career advancement with encouragement to balance work and home life. It is an honor to be part of this Catholic Health Ministry.
Moral with lots of politics
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 9, 2018
Lots of politics and the moral was always down depending on whether the manager was in a good mood or not. I learned a lot thru my coworkers and thru other people within the hospital setting.
Pros
Great Co workers
na
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 7, 2018
Overall, I enjoy working with my coworkers and work with a great team. However, I do not agree with the upper management and the politics behind the "business" of healthcare.
Involuntarily resigned due to mostly unprofessional conduct, ethics, morals within working environment within unit and management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 3, 2018
Lacks professionalism in teamwork. Management discusssions in confidentiality violated amongst unit staff. Requested staff to volunteer for lay offs through meeting and text messages. I formally e mailed management with no response to prevent lay offs of other peers at risk with less seniority.
Pros
Patient focused care
Cons
Retaliation utilized in disciplinary actions unjustly
Management doesnt care about staff
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 31, 2018
They don't care if we are short under staffed and under a great amount of pressure. As long as they make under budget, they're happy. It's hard to get a raise and most people are leaving the company.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 16, 2018
I love working at St. John Providence Health System was not intending to leave but my job was eliminated. I loved interacting with the physicians and staff.
Transport at St. John is terrible.
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 11, 2018
Not a healthy environment. A lot f problems from within. Wouldn’t recommend to friends. Or anyone for that matter. Not a career job so don’t treat it like one. (This is for touchpoint)

Working for St.John(actually Touchpoint) has been one of the worst experiences of my life. Quite honestly it’s a joke. They never excuse time away from work, anytime you call off no matter the reason you’ll receive an occurance. They make you work when sick(flu, pink eye, anything contagious, you still have to work) which I think is completely unsafe patients. The conflict of interest Here is amazing. None of management is qualified.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Terrible management, sad policies.
Not a bad hospital
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 24, 2018
Not a bad hospital to get your feet wet. Is a stable career choice. Opportunity to grow is available. Workers are hard working. Always looking to hire new workers.
If your willing to be content in your current situation
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 19, 2018
So if you are content in your current situation and don't want to grow this is the best place for you. Supervisors give piggyback to they favorite brown nosers
Pays well
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 11, 2018
Its a good place to work if you just care about working and getting your check at the end of every two weeks. Most co-workers are helpful. Just do your job and you will be fine at this company. Have to add they do go through lay offs.
Great co-workers, Poor management
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 10, 2018
The work environment on the floor was great! Doctors would interact for the most part with other staff members. However, in the office with direct management was very poor. Managers did not have direct supervision themselves so they were able to complete tasks how they saw fit without discipline if not correct.
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 30, 2018
I have loved working for St. John Providence. The education I received is remarkable and has provided a stable and productive job experience with knowledge and friendships I will cherish forever.
Overview
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 24, 2018
Great team players
Culturally diverse
Clear vision / mission
Staff members were supported each other
Environment was conducive to learning
Leaders created opportunities to promote growth within the organization.
fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIMay 19, 2018
Although we did the same things over and over again daily, the team made it fun. This is the most enjoyable part of that job. No one was singled out
Pros
sick and personal days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. John Providence Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about