St. John Providence Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIMay 19, 2018
Although we did the same things over and over again daily, the team made it fun. This is the most enjoyable part of that job. No one was singled out
Pros
sick and personal days
Great Place to work; There is a chance for growth
Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 14, 2018
Since I work nights, typical night at work is good. Co workers always work with each other. They are fun to work with because they treat like a member of the family. Management always hears our concern and find ways to make our job easier.
Benefits
Ok
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 9, 2018
When I first started working at St John it seemed to be a nice place to work at. They started having layoffs this year and everything went downhill from there
Amazing people working in challenging health care times.
Vice President, Mission Integration (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 7, 2018
In my opinion, this organization (like others in health care) are doing there best to compete and maintain their Mission and Values in very challenging times.
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse, Medical Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 2, 2018
Fast paced environment with a lot of things to learn but the education is excellent. Staff will help if asked. Enjoyed all of the learning that occurred with this job.
I learn alot with St. John
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIApril 30, 2018
St. John Hospital float pool position was a temp position so i did not have any benefits with them. I worked at various different locations and worked with quite a few physicians. I also worked in alot of different departments.
Pros
It was float pool was great
Cons
It was a temp position
Busy Facility
Lead Technologist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 21, 2018
Fast paced and multi modality department. Never a dull moment. Large focus on OR procedures and long into the second shifts. No digital mobile imaging .
Pros
Technology
Cons
Staffing
Ok
Call Center Diagnostic Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 12, 2018
The Rep-Call Center 1 answers incoming calls and performs triage of inquiries
Makes appointments for readmission patients, handles phone calls and triages appropriately, handles codes for all hospitals.
Facilitates all outpatient diagnostic scheduling appointments for health system.
Depending on the program within the call center, facilitates the process for SJH community health education-sponsored programs, physician referrals and appointments.
do more with less
Cardiac Rehabilitation Nurse (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 11, 2018
We were constantly asked to do more even with management admitted we were stretched to beyond where we could expand. No support from management. Patients were frequently frustrated, not with staff, but with lack of involvement of upper management with concerns.
benefits
Cons
paid A LOT for benefits
Stressful place to work
Contingent Medical-Surgical RN (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 9, 2018
The unit is very stressful but teamwork is extraordinary. The day to day work is always changing as well as patients being admitted and discharged at a very fast pace.

Want to know more about St. John Providence Health System?

Ask a question
Relaxing and productive workplace enviroment
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 8, 2018
I only work contingent at this time. I do not work a great deal of hours but when I am there the workplace is quick-paced, but relaxing. I enjoy everyone I work with. From the front desk staff, to the leading MA, down to the providers.
Pros
1/2-1 hour lunches
Cons
A ton of prescription refills to handle in one day
I appreciated all I learned from working at the facility
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St John Prividence Health System.April 8, 2018
I would still go there as a patient for medical care as I know staff and doctors who still work there and they are good doctors and nurse. Some days were fast paced and stressful and other days laid back and calm. Cafeteria food was pricey but when you were lazy and didn't pack your lunch it was nice at any expense.
Pros
Close to home, good coworkers
Cons
Downsizing, needing to find other employment
Phelbotomist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 6, 2018
I had a wonderful experience during my time at St. John Hospital. I had to leave due to relocating and caring for an ill parent. Overall I had nothing but pleasant experiences and really gained a lot of knowledge and developed more skills during my employment at st john
productive
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 5, 2018
I enjoyed helping staff in a demanding environment. I felt appreciated the willingness to teach. I was always complimented how I was a great asset to the staff.
Great place to work. Open communication and collaboration.
Registered Nurse Navigator, Oncology (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 28, 2018
I would recommend to my friends and family. Values and mission are aligned with my own beliefs. I felt supported and guided during my time at this company.
People family like and friendly people.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 26, 2018
Alot staff members with great big hearts and personalities. Pharmacists always helpful, kind and caring. Most staff members are very exceptional people and do a very good job.
Pros
Great lunches with continuing education seminars.
Cons
Need more team workers on day shift.
Productive place to work with a great orientation staff.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 22, 2018
St. John could use variety with more job opportunities for RN’s and more shifts. It would be nice to have 8 hr M-F shift selection or afternoon shift from 11am-11pm.
Also, they need to have patient safety equipment actually available on all of their units, such as patient sliding sheets, and hydraulic lifts, I only saw them during orientation.
job
Health Unit Coordinator/Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 21, 2018
I have learned many skills while working at my job. I have many years of experience and enjoy learning new things each day. It has been a great experience
Fast Paced and lots of problem solving
Specimen Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 16, 2018
I check call in line in the morning, send floats to cover site that have unscheduled call offs.
Conference calls everyday. Ordering supplies and stock.
Scheduling and problem solving for our 18 different sites.
Training new hires.
In a hospital organization things change all the time. you need to be able to multitask and know what things are at the top of the list.
The hardest part of my job is resolving employee conflict. There are many people at each location and getting everyone on the same page all the time is some times challenging.
I love the opportunity to do what I do best and that's organizing, and problem solving.
Family like environment
LPN, telemetry unit (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 14, 2018
I worked on the telemetry/med surg unit. Our typical day was quite busy, We got alot of stoke patients, neuro, psych, renal, etoh, and surgical patients in addition to the cardiac patients. I learned quite a bit on a daily basis considering the diverse set of patients we'd get. The hardest part of the job was working short staffed with high acuity patients. I was very fortunate to work with a crew who was all about teamwork. Mostly everyone there worked many years and we had became a family. Despite the bad days we always made it through because everyone gave their all.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, constant learning, friendships
Cons
long hours, short staffed