St. Joseph's Health Employee Reviews

Care Management
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 15, 2019
EXTREMELY stressful due to those higher up and the DOH. If you want to help people don't do this job. You'll make the hospital money but you won't really help anyone. You must also be very self-disciplined for this job.
Terrible Pay
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYDecember 30, 2018
The hourly pay for what you do as a Call Center Representative is terrible!!! Your lucky if you get a 2% annual raise which is not tacked on your salary, it's tacked on your hourly pay rate. The highest raise I received annually was 19 cents!!! (NO JOKE!!!).
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Low Pay
Run as fast as you can
Worker (Former Employee) –  PattersonOctober 17, 2018
The environment is horrible. I have never before experienced such a dysfunctional work place during my career. If you want to maintain any sort of happiness in your life then you should stay as far away as possible. Computer systems crash every day and we are stuck waiting hours for anyone to even care that we can’t do our jobs. Unacceptable!
Pros
Leaving
Cons
The entire experience working there
Great benefits
Registrar/Financial Rep (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 1, 2018
Management was terrible, benefits were great, coworkers were great, food in cafeteria was great, the ambiance of the hospital was calm they just needed to work on their management team
used to be a wonderful place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJAugust 24, 2018
understaffed often, heavy patient loads, great coworkers. Manager in department is ineffective and not often in unit. Great place to gain knowledge but not for long term growth
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
weak management
Fun Place
Unit Director III, Clinical Engineering (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJAugust 2, 2018
Manage day to day operations for Clinical Engineering.Motivate staff to be the best they can be. Encourage job training and promotion to individuals willing to learn and exceed.
Pros
Monthly Meetings
Cons
N/a
Great support for RN's
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJune 26, 2018
This job provided great support for the RN's and it felt like a family. It definitely helped me to advance in my career and I was encouraged to learn and go back to school as I desired.
An enjoyable and friendly environment to work on
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJune 5, 2018
A director will point you to your job for the day show what is required of you to do today like filing medical records, scanning patient records to the system and organizing patients files. Whenever assistance is needed they are there to provide right away.
navigator
Patient Navigator (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJMay 13, 2018
Its a decent place to work for first time exposure. decent caseload, the instructions are not hard. however, poor communication amongst the staff. 7/10 stars
A faced paced work environment that requires attention at all times.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJApril 10, 2018
From the moment that one enters the facility to begin their work day, remembering that they represent a great hospital and patients, staff, & visitors are priority one. I'm thankful for the staff that I was responsible for. There is no room for grudges in the workplace. Focusing on keeping both in-house & contracted staff happy, motivated ,uniformed properly, educated & safe despite the pay rate should be what's important.
Benefits
Cons
Recent management changes.
Great company
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJMarch 26, 2018
Had a very great experience working here. Great coworkers. Aloud me to be an independent worker utilizing my problem solving ability while being open to any questions I had
No room for advancement, co-hesiveness between management needs improvement but overall their are signs of better days
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJMarch 17, 2017
I know we are looking for more qualified managers to join our team.
The hospital has expanded but the kitchen staff/equipment has not.
Trying to be in 4 or 5 stations/offices is challenging because of our staffing issues.
The staff that we do have however are wonderful which makes the job a bit more enjoyable
Pros
health benefits/time off
Cons
short staffed
Day at work
Telecom Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Paterson NJAugust 5, 2015
I go to work and maintain my systems i am in charge of and make sure they work. I enjoy my job becasue it is something i love doing. This is also my home town so i know my way around town and the people who come here.
I loved being at st josephs we were like a family. Not only did I learn something new everyday I felt like I was at home, I was very comfortable there
Echocardiographer / Vascular technician (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJuly 9, 2014
St josephs hospital was my first experience working in a hospital at my career. I loved being employed at this facility. I was a student there and I went on working there after my externship. This was not just a job it defined me as a person. Since I have moved, I miss my career at st joes, we were like a family. I have been out of the workforce for about 3 years now due to a growing family. Its time for me to get back to doing what I enjoy.
Pros
Learning something new everyday, Constant challenges.
Cons
New construction constantly
dysfunctional work enviorment with decent pay
staff PA (Former Employee) –  patterson NJApril 23, 2012
Although a lot has changed, when I was employed there they were behind the times on critical care and patient management.
Pros
good pay
Cons
administration

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph's Health. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Joseph's Health Reviews by Location