St. Joseph's Health
65Average

St. Joseph's Health Employee Reviews

United States35 reviews
I appreciate most of my position is the ability to provide innovative solutions to meet the needs of our customers.
This comes in the form of applying technology in areas of opportunity is identified.
Worked in finance. There is no room for advancement. They have such poor moral it’s behind repairable. Trinity health took over and expect way too much. They cut jobs and went to Michigan. Management doesn’t care for their employees. Every time someone leaves which ends up being their best employees. They don’t care and end up moving positions from accountants to senior accountant and they’ll get paid more money for doing nothing. You work way too many hours and don’t get paid enough. Everyone is so 2 faced and fake it’s ridiculous. Want to try to better yourself and prove yourself beyond your skills. Forget it they shut you down basically and tell you how dumb you are. This place is a joke. Oh i accrued so much vacation. Barely every used it because no one is allowed to be cross trained so you have back up. Depending on years of service you accrue certain amount of time every paid period. That was great but again they don’t like anyone being cross trained. So it was hard to take time off. So all that time was useless. But you can get paid out up to 80 hours every year if you don’t use it and banked too many hours. So this way you can accrue more. Benefits were decent.
Pros
Great vacation time
Cons
St Josephs is an amazing place to work. I have been there since nursing school! The atmosphere is caring, passionate, competitive salaries, flexible scheduling, ongoing education, is one of the most highly rated hospitals in the country. Magnet certified!
Management sucks all the way. There are going to through you in the worst cases with the worst doctor. you will see the other techs hanging around doing nothing and this happen almost every day. I have to put all your equipment 4 every single surgery. The director of nurse called you at office every time you called sick. They force you to go home if there is not cases. Hard 2 make U 40 h a week
St. Joseph Hospital is an all around good place to work. They understand where they are and who they service in the Paterson community. They offer excellent quality care to all! They have an experienced and efficient staff.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Best job I've ever had in home care. They pay very good for the work we do. I felt rewarded helping others. Management good and reasonable. They care about their employees..
I had the privilege of working at St. Joseph's Health for close to 15 years. During this time I made many friends and co-workers that I ultimately consider like my extended family. And that is the beauty of SJH - the "family-like" workplace culture they have have set out to create and maintain. In addition to this, I appreciate the many opportunities I was given to grow on a personal and professional level. During my time, I was internally promoted twice. The confidence and motivation I received from my directors helped me to break out of my comfort zone and take on new responsibilities/roles I likely would not have applied for on my own.
The goal is to help patients have a good experience in our care. We have boards in each department gauging how we are doing in striving to meet the needs of our patients. On these cold boards shows our weekly improvements and are in goals as to what we want to finally come to
Great ED to learn with high acuity administration does not support the ED the ED staff however are top notch and close knit sense of family physicians are great there
SJH provided many years of a rewarding career. Fast past environment with ever changing culture to adapt to changes within the healthcare arena.

Compassionate and nurturing clinical staff providing exceptional care to our patients
Typical Day in Wayne OR, since there was only one tech (me) you would have to do all the cases by yourself even though there was another tech (who didnt do anything but just sit at a computer all day doing nothing just because shes been at that OR for years she believes she is excused to not work). You would not get your full lunch break because they would text you or call you constantly on your phone saying to come back. They don't even let you breathe or even let you go to the bathroom because you have to go from case to case. Management, was sooo poor. Apparently everyone was your boss even the unit secretary when she has no say on anything. Hardest part of this job in Wayne was trying not to quit. Only enjoyable part was having lunch and leaving. 3-11PM OR STAFF never came to relieve you on time. They would never let you go home on time and then they would postpone cases so you would have to come in to do them on call. Call was ridiculous.
If you like to deal with borderline abusive management, low pay and an HR that does not support the employee or take management complaints seriously, this is the place for u. I was harrassed for months by my supervisor. A total of 4 employees made serious complaints about her to HR at different times and HR did NOTHING TO HELP. To the point where everyone had to resign. 16 people resigned or left due to this lady and shes still there
Initially it was a great place - great training program and my coworkers are great. But it turned out to be a very stressful place to work. We always have heavy patient loads but are understaffed to the point where it negatively affects patient safety. Staffing and management don’t seem to care. The manager for my floor sits in her office with the door closed and doesn’t interact with her staff. I’m not sure she knows what is happening on the floor. I can’t wait to leave.
Pros
Will hire new graduates
Cons
Very stressful with heavy workload
When I first started in 2012, it was a great place to work. Coworkers were nice, friendly, and always willing to lend a hand. Then there was a culture shift and multiple management positions were emptied and filled with new employees. Staff became overworked and not thanked for extra effort they put in. Lots of closed door meetings. Felt like anyone who wasn't a director of a department was being left in the dark.
Mediocre. ER is horrible. Bad morale, low pay. No accountability. It doesn’t even matter if you’re an employee. You go to the ER and you can possibly die and you see the nurses just lounging. Bad attitudes. Every man for himself. Bad management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay, stressful
They outsourced all of their accounting functions to Asia displacing hundreds of employees with short notice. Also, forced all employees to train their replacements in order to receive severance package.
Worked there 8 years in 2 different roles. Used to love to go to work but over past 2 years there has been lots of changes. There is no communication, human resources and administration are unresponsive for the most part. Trinity is taking over departments causing job loss. Medical coverage has gotten worse. Moral is down across workers and providers.
Pros
some really caring staff
Cons
no communication
busy, understaffed and less pay and not appreciated. would love to do 12 or 16 hrs rather than doing 8 hrs a day. I love working at st joseph's but it is getting worse because we are understaffed, overworked and paid less. I would consider going further if atleast 12 hrs or 16hr shift can be applied rather than going to work 8r/shift for 5 days a week.
Horrible management, no communication, no job stability. Extremely unorganized. Co workers were amazing. Staff was terrific. Higher Administration really needs to be re-evaluated. Priorities are backwards in this facility. This is a very very stressful place to work. Not worth the pay.
Pros
Great physicians
Cons
A lot. Upper management sucks
I realized through working at St Joes that not every hospital is a machine or sees their employees as disposable. At St Joes I have made wonderful friends, some of which I would see as family. I am fortunate for my job and friends here, and hope to see an improvement in the management as that is what is driving people out.
Pros
good healthcare
Cons
poor management
EXTREMELY stressful due to those higher up and the DOH. If you want to help people don't do this job. You'll make the hospital money but you won't really help anyone. You must also be very self-disciplined for this job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph's Health. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9