St. Joseph's Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Seasoned Staff
Social Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIJuly 27, 2018
great job I enjoyed working there great staff who take there time with the patients . They have a good activities department. I still visit the facility wherever im in town.
Pros
Cons
Bad Parking
Never looking for work to do
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CA 95501July 6, 2018
I miss working for the network, and I meet many wonderful people there. The work was rewarding, and there were many patients and employees that touched my life.
Outstanding Physicians, Clinicians, Nurses and Administration
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 2, 2018
St. Joseph’s Healthcare System has always been recognized as providing compassionate and quality care for the patients. The Physicians, Clinicians, Nurses and Administration Team are outstanding and are recognized for their healthcare innovation.
I worked for SJHMC for 17 years and was mentored by magnificent physicians, nurses and directors, who are still my role models today.

SJHMC gave me several opportunities and was promoted within the organization. I had the privilege to work with outstanding leaders, Manage in various roles, further my education while in the medical center.

Some enjoyable moments of my journey at SJHMC was meetings with my staff, my leaders, helping and directing patients and my daily departmental responsibilities.

St. Joseph’s is known to be a teaching hospital for residents (physician-intern), however it has inspired me because of how I was mentored.

Thank you.
Pros
Excellent Leadership, Physician Mentorship, Training and Development
Cons
Parking, Some Computer System issues
Productive work environment
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 4, 2018
A typical day at work is taking care of patients with a smile on my face and a spring in my step. The management at St. Joseph Hospital of Wayne, NJ is a respectable company that is great to work with.
Why be a medirevver?
Financial Counselor/Office Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 21, 2018
BECAUSE YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO OFFER. AND SO DO WE.
In exchange for your brains, loyalty, enthusiasm and camaraderie, we offer a place where you belong with people who care. We will challenge you, but we also train you to triumph. While “like family” might be a trite expression in some work environments, it is hands-down the most common term that MediRevvers use to refer to one another.
Front office
FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT/SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 20, 2018
Working in front office was very busy. Checking in and out patients, appointments, insurances, heavy phones, and learning more about other office scheduling
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 20, 2018
Every day is a new day and even after working for the organization for many years, I still learn something new every day. The employees genuinely care about one another and subscribe to the culture and the values of the organization. The company is going through some growing pains as it was acquired by Providence Health out of Washington and some of the familiarity of the way things used to be done has changed. Change is always difficult and this can sometimes cause long term employees to look elsewhere for other job opportunities. I believe that the organization is still trying to do its best to live the mission of the Sisters of St. Joseph and to care for the community. If an employee has the desire to serve, this is the place to be.
Pros
Employees genuinely care for one another and live the values of the organization
Cons
There is not enough communication about what is occurring within the organization
Care Management. Infection Control, Team work
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  NJMay 10, 2018
A good environment to work with. Friendly Co-workers. Best care management team, supportive supervisor, good work-life balance. Good Benefits. Appreciated working at St. Joseph's Healthcare system.
Company values are enforced in your daily work.
Supervisor, Payment Posting (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 16, 2018
Th core values of the healthcare system are enforced throughout all training and daily work life.
Team work is the atmosphere that is tried to implement.
Training is sparse.
Growth
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJApril 5, 2018
great place to work, grow and advance
treats employees like family
Team work
fast pace
great benefits and wellness incentive
annual increases
fun hospital wide events
work on allot of deadlines
amazing co workers who turn to family members
Work life balance, great location and great culture
Director, Medi-Cal NSS Operations (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 28, 2018
Great family values, mission, vision and climate to work in. Training and process improvements were always entertained. The location in downtown Anaheim was great for walking and exploring restaurants.
Pros
Mission, Vision, and Values
Cons
None at this time
Amazing Staff and Supervisors
Certified Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJMarch 20, 2018
Very flexible
The staff is very friendly
Very fair rotation
Fair job distribution
Salary is not so good
If it wasn't for me living so close I would relocate.
Pros
great staff
Cons
salary too low
Orthopaedics
Back Office Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Working for orthopedics here, is a very fast pace job, you have to be on it and have to be ready to see whats next to do for the patient.
St. Jude is a welcoming company to work for, they try very hard keeping the employees involved and happy with their job.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJFebruary 19, 2018
I enjoy working at St. Josephs healthcare System, they have lots of opportunities, however at this time, no opportunities for what I am looking. I would recommend working here. The salary is lower than the other local area hospitals but the culture is more collaborative. Sometimes its not just about the money
Terrible IT Culture in Irvine
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 6, 2018
They replaced their PeopleSoft system with Workday. Many problems supporting new system.

The director of HRIS department has zero management skills and talks down to employees during meetings to make a point.

Management of projects is non-existent.

The Dilbert Principle is the norm.

One positive would be if you are looking to find a low-paying job that you can work 50% of the time and never get laid off, this job is for you. If you can deal with bad morale.
Pros
If you come in on a low salary, you can stay a long time.
Cons
No advancement, terrible management, no comradery. No team-building.
Christmas and values and morals of the company
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJFebruary 1, 2018
the Christmas party was good. but it is not what your know there but who you know. in order to transfer or even to get hired you must know someone that the management likes. also if you are being written up or investigated because of something you had better know someone.
Pros
excellent director but others could not be trusted
Cons
work loads and who you know will get you ahead
Loved the Executive Management Team and Mission
Acting Ops Director&Ops Mgr (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 17, 2018
I worked hard and fast, and loved every minute of it. My executive director and vice president were awesome. They had a positive culture and were as transparent as possible. I do think they needed more training courses for newly-promoted leads and supervisors. I believe they needed more standardization in a boot-camp program.
Pros
If deliverables and deadlines were met, flexibility was allowed.
Cons
Workload was heavy enough to work 20 hour days, 7 days a week.
Productive fun place with high expectations
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Fun, fast paced, spiritual inspired work place. The culture was very friendly. The place was hard working. The most enjoyable part of the day was your breaks and lunches because the company providing prayer rooms, ping pong tables, free coffee and a pool table. Also on every Thursday there is a farmers market right outside the building on the street. During your break you have a chance to walk around, see different vendors and have options of different cultural foods for you lunch.
Pros
farmers market every Thursday
Cons
You don't ever know which way the company is going.
Fast-pace work environment
Sr. Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Perform complex daily professional fee billing, and revenue cycle management operations. Identify recurring denials. Responsible for investigating, analyzing and following up, for the collection of delinquent accounts.
Good working environment.
Manager, Medical Staff Office (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJDecember 14, 2017
Pleasant work environment with people who were well trained in their positions and easy to get along with. As the manager I learned several new tasks, such as creating a budget, preparing for audits and overseeing employees at two locations.

The main workplace culture was embracing excellence.

The hardest part of this job was learning all the new programs.

The most enjoyable part of this job were the pleasant people I worked with in my department and other departments.