ST. JOSEPH'S VILLA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Dangerous place to work
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 6, 2018
While teaching a class of Emotionally Disabled students, I was very often left alone in the classroom. Staff was often injured and St. Joseph's did not seem to care. Every decision seemed to be based on money and NOT for the good of staff or students.
Pros
free lunch
Loved my job. sad to leave
COTA- Full time (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 3, 2018
wouldnt be leaving if i didnt have to move. loved my co workers and the environment i was in. first full time cota job and its going to be hard to beat or even match
The Controller is a micro-manager.
ACCOUNTANT ll (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 6, 2018
The Controller is a micro-manager. The Controller does not empower the staff to make decisions and when things go wrong, the staff is blamed for the mistake.
The upper management is alright.
The workplace culture is alright but it is so much different with the culture of a for profit firm.
Cons
Short breaks, Healthcare cost so much.
Bias
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 19, 2018
Not a growing or maturing organization as they have no training for certain staff positions to excel or stay abreast of current laws and regulations.
No Tuition Reimbursement or Training budget unless your in the click or favored by your supervisor.
Pay is for certain staff is way below standard and they do Market Adjustments for certain peoples position; once again depending on if they favor that person.
They are behind the times with systems.
It seems as though they still have this "Good Ole Boy" mentality.
Staff is spoken to in a condescending manner
Reporting up to supervision on issues may not resolve in a resolution or a solution to any ongoing issues or one occurrence, and may not even get attention at all..
Learning to Manage
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  OntarioMarch 19, 2018
Shift starts at 1500hrs, get report on 128 residence, review labs, orders, delegate takes to nursing staff, attended any staff meetings, provide and obtain any staff education, supervise and plan care for residents by staff, and tend to any critically ill clients.
Staff works well together and are supportive of each other.
Review of the Villa
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 9, 2018
Good place to work. Staff are very friendly and the work culture is pretty diverse. Work environment is fairly relaxed. Good benefits. No day is ever the same.
Teamwork made the dream work
Dietary Cook (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityMarch 9, 2018
I really enjoyed the job itself. I really enjoyed working with the employees and we were able to complete our tasks together. As far as management goes they were awesome. They cared about you and the overall performance of the team.
Difficult
Employee (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 3, 2018
A person's success is based on their relationship with others. There is a clear difference in how administrative staff and service staff are treated.
Hourly personnel get's the s**t end of the stick
Day Treatment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 18, 2018
This is not the place to work if your hourly. Days off that are not fault of your own such as holidays or snow days, you do not get paid for them. If you haven't been there 6 months or longer, you can't use PTO so your just out of luck on a very short work week.
Good place to learn
Ensign (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 8, 2018
They do not value their employees. They would rather pay new cna's a lesser wage than give their senior employees a decent raise.I enjoyed working with my co workers and patients.
Cons
Under valued as an employee.
Hostile work environment
MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  David City, NEJune 18, 2017
Environment is so bad that a lot of local employees have left. Mostly staffed by agency staff now. Benefits are bad and the administration is a joke. Do yourself a favor, keep looking elsewhere!!
non profit employer
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 11, 2017
very small work environment. if you love to work around children and families in need, this is the place. very caring community. lots of ways to help out your community. great volunteer opportunities.
was a fun place to work. coworkers were funny
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 23, 2017
Did the job requests. Also completed the repairs to all equipment as needed.
I actually learned a lot of things about carpentry, plumbing, heating an air conditioning.
Managers were great to work for, they also were working doing there jobs or assisting you with yours. I felt very comfortable talking to them.
Was a great place to work friends, and one i considered family, which i still do now.
The hardest part was moving furniture with no elevators.
The most enjoyable had to be with my coworkers they always made me laugh. Also the hours were great to me . 8am to 4pm.
Pros
time off, i hour paid lunch, pay
Cons
moving furniture
Beware
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAMarch 14, 2017
The initial presentation upon being hired is fantastic. However, once you start working for this company and figure out that most management is incompetent and not well versed in their jobs... oh my..watch out. Everyone starts passing the buck and someone has to be the fall guy. I worked for this company a few years back and it ended up being one of the worst work experiences I've ever had. Too many unfair incidents and situations to mentions not just with myself but also with many of my co-workers. Compensation changes constantly and you have to fight for your due pay. I understand why they are offering a sign on bonus because word spreads quickly in this field and the Villa does not have a good reputation.
Pros
I'm still thinking....
Cons
Too many to state
Recommends
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 9, 2017
Good work environment, benefits needed to improved, management fair. Enjoyed making a difference within my clients lives by pushing the youth to work hard to improve decision making skills,education and improving inappropriate behaviors.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Bad pay and benefits
Not a good place to gain a career
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 9, 2017
St. Joseph's Villa is a good place to work but does not offer the structure to build a career or future with. Management lacks in building staff to succeed at their current position and moving forward in the company.
Pros
Staff friendly
Cons
Lack of staff development from Management
In the teen parenting program there are to many distractions that take away the development of independence.
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  3300 Dewey Avenue 14616October 17, 2016
The typical day starts with clients not wanting to get up for school or getting there late.Throughout the day the enivornment is toxic at times.There is a lot of profanity from the client in the presence of their children.All of these factors along with oppositional behaviors hinder the positive growth of the clients and their children.
Pros
being able to directly impact clients
Cons
supervisors not having adequate management skills
Great Culture/Unreliable Hours
Autism In-Home Clinician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 21, 2015
St. Joseph's is a great place to work. You know that the people really love their jobs, but unfortunately doing in-home work is just hard. Clients canceled on me consistently which unfortunately affects your paycheck. I was allowed to bill for an hour when clients did not answer the door or were not home for their scheduled times, but unfortunately that was it. . . just an hour. I had many weeks of only being able to bill 3 hours for a client because they were not home or ended sessions early. It is also hard to operate around a clients schedule when they don't get out of school until 4 but must start getting ready for bed at 6 or 7 which shortens session. Also makes it hard when they also do not want to meet on weekends. None of this had to do with St. Joseph's and their policies . . . but did affect my check.
Pros
Great On Campus Culture
Cons
unreliable paycheck
Able to effect the lives of at risk youth. Challenging position
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 11, 2015
I worked with at risk youth to help them overcome serious emotional and behavioral challenges.
I was also responsible for assisting/training them in completion of their daily living skills including: hygiene, room cleanliness, completion of chores and laundry.
My co-workers and myself had to work as a team in order for there to be a safe and teachable environment for the youth.
Pros
Learned skills to adapt to different situations that transpired
Cons
Stressful at times because of the children's behavioral challenges
the spoooky villa
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2015
saint josephs villa is a nice quiet enviroment to work in, sometimes a bit to quiet. That place is haunted no doubts you can feel it. Try working for the villa