St. Joseph Health Employee Reviews

Poorly educated
SENIOR BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXJune 19, 2018
Seniority rules over knowledge and proper documentation and guidelines. I learned it doesn't matter who right or wrong, seniority is always right in their eyes. So I left as soon as I could.
Pros
drug rep lunches, cafeteria, bonuses, discounts, set schedule and holidays.
Cons
poor management, poorly educated
Eh.
Revenue Cycle Representative (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 31, 2018
I started per diem, it went well at first. But after my probation period ended management was rude and didn't care at all. They only cared about themselves and how many Co pays we collected. If you didnt collect your daily Co pays you'd get written up. This made the department look bad but in general the management team wouldn't pocket a big bonus while us employees only got movie tickets and candles. The hospital was a great place to work. Loved the patients. I just would change out the current management on revenue cycle.
Pros
You get to meet great people and staff.
Cons
Short staffed. Management was BAD!
Awesome people to work with
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAMay 22, 2018
Love working with the people here. Great opportunities to grow - clinically and personally. However, poor management. Fast paced. Expensive housing around the area. More affordable options further from work site, but lots of traffic.
Do not work here
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 17, 2018
Supervisor in rehab is young, inexperienced, underqualified, played favorites, and is just not a good person. Manager goes back and forth, treats therapists like kids. Micromanaging is at its peak. Division in the department is palpable. A couple of rotten tomatoes, unfortunately they are the supervisors. These people make work a lot harder. I love my patients, my job, and other co workers. Best decision of my life was to leave.
Pros
Fun activities and free food.
Cons
Administration and direct supervisor.
Overall St Joseph was good. They just need to get rid of some of the higher up employees who are abusive of their powers & manipulative of the system
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lubbock County, TXMay 4, 2018
It depends who u worked with. U better not be in their black list or u will be under their microscope. Favoritism & knew how to manipulate the system.
Pros
Good benefits, fast pace, and I like my job of taking care of the patients.
Cons
Favoritism, abusing their powers, disability harassment, no advancement unless you are a friend or willing to just follow orders.
Loved working in Security, hated Radiology Most Employees Share Sense of Mission/Ministry
Security Information Assistant & Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAApril 26, 2018
Security manager was wonderful and caring, IMG mgr, not so much. No help, no plan, no training to speak of. Had to quit,so I wouldn't hurt anyone. Can't get hired back on now. Suspect I have been blacklisted.
Pros
Employee discount in cafe, gift shop, great manager in Security
Cons
Radiology was horrible. Loud, distracting, offensive music playing in back area, people talking loudly while I was trying to answer phone lines for all areas of Rad, little help/training and no formal documentation of SOPs. Can't get hired back on now with hospital, even after continuing to volunteer until I got ft employment elsewhere.
rev
Dietary Technician (Current Employee) –  Calistoga, CAApril 25, 2018
Work place environment is set up to fail. There is nope fairness or opportunity to advance. When an opportunity Is given the pay does not match anyone else your department
Typical Day At Work
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 18, 2018
A typical day at work consists of scheduling frequencies for Registered Nurses, processing labs and doctor's orders. Communication with Clinical Supervisor and other Schedulers is important.
Pros
Team Oriented
Cons
Stressful
Excellent Place to Work
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 12, 2018
St. Jude is a Magnet Certified Hospital - they are collaborative and everyone gets the same information. There is transparency so you're never caught off guard. Great culture.
No One Cares
Staff (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAApril 7, 2018
There is always a "lack of training" mind set. No one cares about their job and problems are pushed off onto other people. Most staff do not use their common sense and are very lazy. They are only worried about if they can wear jeans and dying their hair. The company as a whole will not help out the "grunts" of the workforce. Do not apply here
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
No common sense, careless, very unappreciated
Great place to work but...
PBX Operator/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 25, 2018
it can be difficult to move up within the company. This may be either your place to work with years of experience under your wing or a temporary place to work while in school.
This was a home-based position paid on production.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 22, 2018
The hospital seemed to be undergoing a change in the home-based transcriptionists and therefore the future of my position was insecure. Due to varying amounts of work and no benefits, I looked for a full-time benefited position elsewhere.
Energizing ane collaborative place to work
Executive Director, Performance Improvement (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 18, 2018
Collaborative and energizing environment to work. Great people- hardest job is decreasing variance. Leadership is great to work with. What I learned is leading with influence is key.
Pros
Collaboration, culture and values
Cons
decreasing variance and getting everyone on same page
Upper Management Disconnected
Intern (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 6, 2018
The work environment is stressful and the upper management is disconnected from the rest of the workforce. Staff do not believe they are heard and they do not feel they are important to upper management.
Busy day at work
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 4, 2018
Everyday at my current job is a busy day, But time goes by fast, and when your not too overwhelmed you find yourself conversing a lot longer with patients.
Pros
Getting to know the patients on a personel level
Cons
Overwhelmed because of call volunme
Enjoyable
Medicare appeals specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 2, 2018
I worked in the A/R Medicare dept. My manager was excellent! Unfortunately the rent in Orange county is so costly even though pay is reasonable, not enough for the area. If there was any improvement that can be made it would be allow the staff to telecommute.
Pros
Ice machine, coffee, tea
Cons
Health plan is good, medication copays are way too high
Part time nights while attending Texas Tech
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 26, 2018
As a unit secretary my job was to make the nurse and doctors life easier. I would enter the physician orders, answer call lights, and prepare nursing packets for the next shift.
Pros
Worked nights while going to school
Good company
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CA 95501February 25, 2018
I like the mission of the company and that they take it seriously. I didn't love the location I was in, I was new to the area and it was not for me. Otherwise, I think it's a good company and I would recommend it.
Learning experience
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 20, 2018
This was my first real job, here is where I learned all my customer service knowledge which St. Jospeh is big about!! However it was always intense and always hard to staff people with the amount of work they would pile on us with low compensation. The patients were always my highlight loved this part of my job and working with my doctors always a pleasure.
Pros
Benefits, positive staff, location
Cons
Poor support from supervisors
Great Places to work
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Good culture and great team that really value contribution.

Work life balance. Volunteer work and giving back to the community.

Innovative projects focused on improving the quality of care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph Health. Our community is ready to answer.