St. Joseph Health Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 13, 2018
This is a great place to work, it is just huge. 1 hospital with 2 campuses, and a LTAC, plus multiple clinics. Has childcare off site along with a gym. I worked renal, oncology, and LTAC. The hardest part of my job was also the most enjoyable in Oncology.
Pros
salaries were good and fair.
Cons
very large campus
Choose Not to respond
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CASeptember 27, 2018
Poor Managment the company is based on favoritism not on job performance,Lost of compassion for patients care id based on $$ years ago it used to be a good company to work for not anymore
if your not part of management favorite forget about about it.
Union doesnt help at all
Pros
Cons
Management Controlled Favoritism
St. Joseph's takes pride to ensure patient's are treated excellently.
Associate Patient Access Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 20, 2018
Overall, St. Joseph's takes pride to ensure patient's satisfaction is priority. From an employee's standpoint, this is is reassuring knowing the staff would take upmost care if you as an individual where to step through our doors.

Now, from an employee's to an employer's point of view, the roles are competitive and the hours are constantly changing. Staffing seems to be a challenge as many people call out in various departments, which cause an influx of hours for staff currently working the emergency floor/multiple departments. It seems great to be in this position; however, with the increase of hours per shift over the amount of shifts per week, this will exhaust you and not provide a balanced lifestyle.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 19, 2018
Good benefits and great opportunities to learn and advance.

Work load is balanced, leadership provides transparency and a clear vision of attainable goals and realistic plan to achieve them.
Bad Company. Stay away!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CASeptember 12, 2018
Led by a management that does not care about the concerns of its employees. And while the upper-level management is focused on their own agendas, they don't do the job of working with staff and mid-level management. So many people are dissatisfied and their concerns are completely ignored. While the company focuses on M&A with its merger with Providence, it does little to instill a corporate culture where there is transparency and open communication. As a result, people get siloed, and a few people in upper-level management are dictating how things are run. A very poorly-run corporate culture that is unfortunate considering the potential for much more. Highly recommended to stay away and go to a better organization like Kaiser!
Poor mission and value follow through
Lead Surgical Technologist, Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 6, 2018
Fail to incorporate strong pathways for advancement. Inability to support their employees advancements. Poor pay scale. Detached leadership. Mission and value systems are not projected on the continuum of care for the patient. Lack strong support to the employees.
Clean environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 6, 2018
The managers are awesome the cleanness of the hospital is always clean we use certain methods to I sure the clean ness of the hospital spotless cleaning is our goal
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Love my fellow coworkers, management is usually not great.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CAAugust 29, 2018
Spent a decade with this company and they thanked me by dissolving my job because they wanted to pay someone else to do it for double the pay. The Manager was terrible and should never have been given the job.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is a GREAT place to work! I loved working there.
MED-SURG NURSE (Former Employee) –  Fortuna, CAAugust 24, 2018
12 hour shifts were doable. Having several days off was quite nice. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is a lot of comradery among the nurses there.
Pros
MDs are caring and available
Cons
It can be busy.
awesome place to work
RN II Family Birthing Center (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAAugust 23, 2018
Petaluma Valley Hospital was my very first job as an RN. I worked there the previous summer as a nurse associate a program for soon to be RN graduates. The only reason I left was I was offered a job closer to my home on the day shift so I could be home with my children after school and on weekends. It was a tough decision to make. I had 2 of my 3 children there and still maintain close ties with my coworkers, in fact my RN manager just attended my daughter's wedding. Another part of the reason I left was that it is a small hospital and working in L&D our census often fluctuated and sometimes I was called off work without pay, difficult losing a paycheck when your raising 3 children.
Pros
great manager and coworkers getting called off when censes was low
great doctors
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 16, 2018
its has the TOP 10 doctors in the state that are the best. from cancer, lungs, our radiology doctors and nurses are the best. radiology staff is wonderful.
Pros
to much work for one person
Cons
no overtime
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fortuna, CAJuly 6, 2018
I had the pleasure of building my skills at this hospital. I learned more than just phlebotomy, I learned lifelong skills about teamwork and community.
Great learning opportunity
Correspondence clerk (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 3, 2018
If you are looking for long term with little to no advancement this is the place for you. It had great learning opportunities. They have great benefits.
Volunteering
Junior Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJune 27, 2018
I volunteer two hours each week, delivering and logging samples, transporting patients, and directing people where to go. In addition to that, I also wheel patients in and out of the hospital, deliver food, discharge patients, transport charts, sterilize rooms, and restock or organize drawers and rooms. I figured that the Petaluma Valley Hospital junior volunteer program would be an excellent opportunity for me to explore these options, as it would directly place me in a clinical setting.
Poorly educated
SENIOR BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXJune 19, 2018
Seniority rules over knowledge and proper documentation and guidelines. I learned it doesn't matter who right or wrong, seniority is always right in their eyes. So I left as soon as I could.
Pros
drug rep lunches, cafeteria, bonuses, discounts, set schedule and holidays.
Cons
poor management, poorly educated
Amazing Experience
Emergency Care Center Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 2, 2018
Interning in the Emergency Care Center at St. Joseph Hospital of Orange was an amazing experience. The staff and clinicians are top rated in their fields. Overall I would recommend this organization for anyone looking to work in a healthcare career field.
Eh.
Revenue Cycle Representative (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMay 31, 2018
I started per diem, it went well at first. But after my probation period ended management was rude and didn't care at all. They only cared about themselves and how many Co pays we collected. If you didnt collect your daily Co pays you'd get written up. This made the department look bad but in general the management team wouldn't pocket a big bonus while us employees only got movie tickets and candles. The hospital was a great place to work. Loved the patients. I just would change out the current management on revenue cycle.
Pros
You get to meet great people and staff.
Cons
Short staffed. Management was BAD!
Awesome people to work with
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAMay 22, 2018
Love working with the people here. Great opportunities to grow - clinically and personally. However, poor management. Fast paced. Expensive housing around the area. More affordable options further from work site, but lots of traffic.
Do not work here
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 17, 2018
Supervisor in rehab is young, inexperienced, underqualified, played favorites, and is just not a good person. Manager goes back and forth, treats therapists like kids. Micromanaging is at its peak. Division in the department is palpable. A couple of rotten tomatoes, unfortunately they are the supervisors. These people make work a lot harder. I love my patients, my job, and other co workers. Best decision of my life was to leave.
Pros
Fun activities and free food.
Cons
Administration and direct supervisor.
Overall St Joseph was good. They just need to get rid of some of the higher up employees who are abusive of their powers & manipulative of the system
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lubbock County, TXMay 4, 2018
It depends who u worked with. U better not be in their black list or u will be under their microscope. Favoritism & knew how to manipulate the system.
Pros
Good benefits, fast pace, and I like my job of taking care of the patients.
Cons
Favoritism, abusing their powers, disability harassment, no advancement unless you are a friend or willing to just follow orders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about