St. Joseph Hospital

Found 1,248 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,297 reviews

St. Joseph Hospital insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Excellent communication on all levels

Everyone treats each other Ike a family. You suggestions concerning safety issues are taken seriously. I enjoyed working at St. Joseph Hospital very much.

Pros

Stress free work environment

It was a learning experience

I learned a lot working with patients and drawing blood on new born babies and older adults. I learned a lot. My experience was awesome I would take turns with co workers to attend to trauma emergencies. Our hospital had helicopter so we would get trauma cases all the time that was a great experience. I had to draw the patients blood while all the doctors are working on the trauma patient at the same time there was no room for errors it was very challenging.

Pros

Amazing lunch from the hospital

Cons

None at all

Mental and physical torture 21st century inquisition

If one is a narcissist this is the place you wish to go. The turnover rate is so high in every part of the building the doors have become a turn style for employees. Healthcare is to help patients not to pad the pockets of the CEOs. The atmosphere when entering is oppressing. Promotions are given to those that don't have experience and those that do have experience are given negativity.

Pros

no pros

Cons

Management isn't there for the team, Its equivalent to fast food service in health care, Nurse look down upon others that don't have the education, Patient and employee safety is not thought about, issues are pushed under the carpet that is a health risk

Complicated

Management was a little complicated.Employees were unhappy.Didn’t seem to be a happy place to work .Communication lacked .There was not team spirit ,Ideas and opinions weren’t valued .

Pros

Helping people

Cons

No moral or team spirit

Just a relaxed and amazing place to work

It was nice. Everything about the hospital and the staff that I work with awesome. They helped me in all different aspects of the job and that now I have the experience that I need

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

When I worked there over 20years ago, it was a good place to work.

I enjoyed my time working a St Joseph Hospital in Fort Wayne IN. I enjoyed my coworkers and we would have fun at work. I also learned a lot there to help me further my career.

Needed more staff

Had to leave due to husband was relocated I would work there again if we moved back and the pay increased to match others in same profession This is a specialized skill and pay needs to reflect

Pros

Got along well with management

Cons

Needed more staff

Passive Agressive Manager

Manager went out of her way to make life miserable as possible when I worked there. Found the staff there very cliques. Not supportive. Constantly rotating shifts and getting to work holidays.

Cons

Very friendly and helpful staff

Great place to work! Your day flies because you are busy all of the time! The Doctors there are very friendly and helpful, always looking for a teachable moment with staff.

Nice place to work

People are very nice, most doctors treat nurses with respect. Supportive management and union. Work together well. Leasders are often on the unt and available to staff between meetings. paid time off is good, they pay for seminar days every year and actually let you take them.

The fact that patients that underwent surgery came out successfully.

My day started very early, looking at the surgery board and waiting for the head surgical nurse to assign which surgeon i will be working with. I enjoyed assisting Oncologists, ENT surgeons and my favorite was OB/GYN-(Labor and Delivery)

Pros

Successful surgeries

Cons

Unhappy surgeons and co-workers

Large patient workload. There are high expectations. Management do not represent you and a manager should. You must be able to be independent and work under pressure.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Best place to work

Saint Joseph give me a lot opportunity to learn and it was a good time working there ! If I have to go back to work there again I will with hesitated!

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Long days

best to avoid- not what it used to be

Mid- level management is unprofessional. dishonest, biased, retaliatory, sellf-serving. lack of ppe is always an issue. new ownership is not helping. best to stay far away!!!

Pros

some co-workers are good people

Cons

management plays favorites, retaliation a norm

Rn

Nice place to work if you don’t mind just being a floor nurse. Since you can’t really grow within the ministry, also, very little support staff is available to help nurse with their patient loads. Lots of missed lunches and over worked most of the days.

Pros

Lovely coworkers.

Cons

Poor pay. Favoritism. And very little support to the nurses

Overall, good place to work. Very friendly staff and good training. Very family oriented. Good salary and benefits. Staff go above and beyond to help people they assist.

Great place to work.

Worked here many years. It's very supportive and takes employee satisfaction to heart. There are clear directions for customer service and education in general.

Constant roller coaster change in management frequently

There Is frequent manager and Staffing changes rules change nearly daily no support no breaks always shorthanded once you start getting caught up they start sending people home always running short staffed

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Always shorthanded no breaks hours are feast or famine

Average

Magnet facility for the prestige; not nursing friendly . Worked there years ago, left due to mgmt. Nurses in nursing homes made more money. Benefits were average

Small community catholic hospital. There are two unions. 1199 and NYSNA

My nursing career from LPN to RN BSN for the pass 10 years. Presently pursuing my MBA/MSN degrees. Working at SJH within the critical care environment is rewarding and gratifying.

Pros

RN 12 hr shifts with union benefits

Cons

Commuting from Queens can be very challenging driving on the Southern State

Supportive, Friendly staff from the CEO to the volunteers

The PeaceHealth system and their hospital St. Josephs in Bellingham is an amazing supportive system. They provide what the staff need to be successful in patient care. The leadership includes everyone in their decisions. Everyone was positive, helpful and very friendly. It gave me hope that there really are great hospitals and staff out there that truly care about their staff and the patients. What I really liked about this system is that everyone is called a "caregiver". It is not just about nurses or housekeepers, everyone is a caregiver.

Pros

Everyone is a part of the team

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight