St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

Found 1,362 reviews matching the search See all 1,405 reviews
As a volunteer I enjoy helping others and patients.
Part Time Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 22, 2019
As a volunteer I enjoy helping patients and staff with their needs and desires while a patient at the hospital. Assisting others helps one to
focus on others versus oneself.
Fun and relaxing place to work
RN Charge Nurse/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2019
Deal with mentally challenged patient , sometimes more depressive and often schizophrenic patients. I learned that every individual is unique and one size does not fit all.Management and work culture is great, most enjoyable part is the people I work with. Hardest part of the job is encountering patient that abuse the system just to get a bed.
Cons
no promotions, no pay increase
Mediocre
Lab Assistant II Clinical Lab (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 18, 2019
Do not recommend working here in the Clinical Lab. Management only cares about the business of healthcare and not patient care.
No accountability for poor performing employees and too much favoritism exits.
Pros
Free employee parking
Cons
No support from management for anything
Poor schedule/hours, safety, unappreciated
RN (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 16, 2019
I have been trying to get a different schedule with better hours, and have not been able to in the current department I am in. There are times that I do not feel safe in the department I work in. I do not feel appreciated when I put in extra hours to help others out.
Not a great place to work
Emergency Room Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 16, 2019
When I started at St. Joe's it was a good place to work. When Trinity took over it all changed. Our manager was great but he retired. We did not have a manager for over a year. We had only the people "upstairs" and they were not involved. The only good thing about working there was the coworkers. There is no such thing as a raise for patient access only nurses received them.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
too many to list
Productive and fun environment
Tray Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLApril 16, 2019
One of the cleanest, well organized, and advance kitchens I have ever seen before. The only negative I would have to say is that the chef their would verbally abuse me. Overall, my experience with everyone else and the facility was amazing.
I wouldn't recommend working there
NUTRITION SERVICES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 13, 2019
150 characters is not much, so just know that this is a very stressful work environment because of the management style and the way scheduling is done
Pros
Free fountain drinks, employee discount
Cons
Favoritism, Highly stressful work environment, constantly changing schedule, must work nights/weekends/holidays
Staff were kind and grateful for our assistance. Wonderful parties
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2019
I worked 8 hours shifts. When you come the work, the assignments is already made and you know who you will be working with. Always had enough equipment and supplies on the floor, That made working a little more comfortable.
Pros
Organized
Cons
I truly enjoyed working in the hospital.
Financial Counselor/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 11, 2019
This was a fast paced environment. Advancement opportunities were available and I was encouraged to pursue them. I loved working in a faith based organization and having the freedom to share my own faith at times.
Pros
Faith based, care oriented organization
Cons
Very demanding with little understanding for work/life balance
resident chaplain
Resident Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 98405April 9, 2019
I enjoyed working there. The management was really easy to work with and they tolerated my long-distance commute. Because of my home life and changes in my living situation I was not able to apply for a permanent position at the hospital.
Pros
free food
Admin Assistant
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - QUALITY (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 9, 2019
St Joseph was an awesome place to work. My manager was always available to help and explain different projects. We had a great team that worked very well together.
Great place to work, felt like a family.
Medical Secretary - Respiratory Therapy Department (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOApril 9, 2019
Transcribe physician's notes, schedule appointments for patient testing, greet patients, give them forms to complete, make them feel comfortable, typed correspondence for director of department, filing
Medical terminology
Director of department was very compassionate and understanding.
The workplace seemed like part of my family.
Preparing everything for the hospital's audit.
Working with a great group of people
Pros
Environment was very welcoming for patients and co-workers
Cons
Pay scale schedule.
Excellent
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYApril 9, 2019
Excellent place to work. Upper management was very enthusiastic and willing to help you gain more education to better yourself. I would definitely recommend for employment.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Close the city
Staffing Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 8, 2019
Its a great place of work if one desires to work in a very diversed workplace. The over management could be a little organized and more professional in handling issues.
Not a great place, not even a good place to work. Would not recommend.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 7, 2019
The leadership is mainly the owners family which they don’t know how thing should be run. They have a position because of who they are not because of them being most qualified for the job.
Pros
Cons
Health insurance very restrictive on who can have coverage. Pay is less than comparable companies.
Great place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAApril 6, 2019
I really enjoyed my time working in security at this facility. The other employees are always very helpful and assist whenever they can. I am currently looking into returning to their security department.
Rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 6, 2019
St. Joes has a great culture, I always feel supported and love my team. However, we barely get raises and management does not seemed concerned about losing staff to surrounding hospitals that pay more money. Overall I love the community and that it is a teaching hospital, just wish we were compensated fairly.
Pros
Coworkers, environment
Cons
pay
Good place for nursing education/growth
Staff RN on 9th floor medical surgical unit (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 5, 2019
This hospital environment was very supportive for new grads. Lots of opportunities within CHI for transfers and career advancement. Management is very good, but occasionally don't get time off that you have earned and staffing is sometimes short. This was a good starter job and I owe it to them greatly for assisting and mentoring me into the nurse I am today.
Pros
good training opportunities for new nurses
Cons
not a lot of time off granted even when submitting time off request many months in advance
Excellent Company and Department Directors
Lead Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 4, 2019
I have a 17 year history with St. Joseph Hospital. I have a great admiration for the outstanding work ethic and team work experience at SJH. Mission Values are carried out in all levels of staff, from Housekeepers, Food Service, Administration, Clerical, Technical as well as Nurses and Physicians.
Pros
Pto, Employee Engagement, Staff Informative Forums, Health Insurance
Cons
Commute
I stayed for 15 years, I must have liked something about it!
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 2, 2019
It was fast paced. I learned a great deal from my mentors. The management was very knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job was all the different personalities, in an office full of women. The most enjoyable part of the job was the chance at training and learning new software.
Pros
There were places where you could go and reflect in solitude.
Cons
During construction there was not enough space for parking on campus and we had to be shuttled.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight