St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

Found 1,291 reviews matching the search See all 1,331 reviews
Fun
Head Vascular Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2018
This hospital asks a lot of its employees. Although, I absolutely loved working with my coworkers and established a great friendship with them that will last beyond my career path working at this hospital.
Poor leadership
Clinical Program Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
The people are great. The job is difficult. Poor listening from leadership. That said, leadership has a difficult job. I would also return if the right opportunity presented itself because the community itself, staff and patients, are great to work with and around.
Pros
Location, staff, patients, cafeteria
Cons
Leadership
Great work experience
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 8, 2018
I loved the people i worked with, its a great place to work you learn so much
there.It was just to far for me living in chino and that became very hard on me.
Productive and helpful workplace
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 6, 2018
Everyone at St. Joseph is so nice to one another. Majority of the staff there is willing to go above and beyond for one another. Patient care is always first. They are passionate about team building and growth as an individual.
Pros
positive energy in every department
Cons
Sometimes the opporunity to move up is not always available
fast paced
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  chicago ilNovember 5, 2018
assisting patients,greeting family members,documenting patient info and front desk administrative duties. ordered supplies ,assisted in patient testing and clinical procedures
Interesting patient population
DPT STUDENT INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 5, 2018
On a typical day I would see 8 pt.s that had varying diagnoses. I was expected to complete roughly 20 units per day. This was a internship and as a learning environment I thought it was ok, but I had to teach a lot of it myself.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
learning is self taught
Very productive work place
Nutrition and Food representative 2 (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2018
Friendly and passionate work place. I enjoyed my time here. I learned a lot and grew as a person while I worked at Saint Joseph's Hospital. The management was considerate most of the time.
Pros
Job security and good pay
Cons
available but expensive daycare
Fast paced, stressful, do not understand people have to call out sometimes if no one can cover.
Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 3, 2018
I enjoyed the customers and talking to new people and helping them out but did not have a good experience regarding management. Were not understanding if you had to call out for any sort of reason and in some cases harsh. people usually aren't willing to cover for you and they schedule four weeks in advance and things can be placed on the schedule. without you knowing.
Friendly Environment
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MONovember 2, 2018
Nice environment to work but they are always changing management and will move you with out notice. There is not room to grow but the benefits are good.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Revolving door of employees and management
Advancement
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2018
It was a cool place to work . it gave a lot of opportunities for cross training and job advancement. My supervisor would listen to me. I hate I had to relocate sometimes.
Decent place to work
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIOctober 28, 2018
St. Joseph is always trying to improve on all levels of patient care. I do think the hospital higher management forget what it is like to be a floor nurse.
Great compensation with a tremendous work load
Program Manager (Supported Housing) (Former Employee) –  NY,NYOctober 26, 2018
Great learning environment, however more attention is required from HR regarding employee issues. Complaints are ignored and issues fester until employees quit or find new employment.
Great place to work for with reasonable benefits.
Medical Laboratory Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Providence, RIOctober 25, 2018
I enjoyed working temporarily, while looking for a tech position. I would have liked to get a tech position there, but none were available. Workers stay there for a long length of time.
Mostly professional, and they attempt to retain staff
Triage Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 25, 2018
Good training. The hardest part of the job is parking. Management comes and goes. Inexperienced staff in the wrong positions. Security guards were very helpful at all times.
Pros
The food was good in the cafeteria
Cons
Unexperienced managers.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 24, 2018
I loved volunteering at Saint Joseph Hospital. The Nurses and CNA's were very friendly and the patients were kind too. I loved helping who asked for help and assistance and what I was able to help too.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2018
Good place to work. the employees are very friendly and they practice good team work. the management are very friendly. The employee enjoy working in this hospital because they love their management and their management love them.
Pros
good Hospital to work for.
Most racist facility i've ever worked for
ER Technician/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, KYOctober 20, 2018
Not a fun place to work things that I've seen happening at this hospital is outrageous. Horrible patient care even the doctors are abusive to the patients. I've seen patients treated and send home who need to be admitted there days later the patient is bought back in an ambulance and didn't survive
Pros
Cons
Just a job
fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 19, 2018
fun environment of co workers staff patients etc work diligently part time from 9am to 1pm 30 minute lunch break volunteered for 2 months and was a great experience with cleaning in area's of the hospital
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
fun times
Fun workplace
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 17, 2018
It was a great experience and enjoyed the opportunity working with my coworkers everyone at the hospital was always in a great mood the best job I ever had so far and definitely recommend To others who are Interested
Pros
FreeLunch
Cons
Short breaks
Internship, great place to work
Patient Care Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 17, 2018
Fast paced environment, great training environment and opportunity to grow and develop. Management supports you throughout the entire process. It was a pleasure working in the facility.
Pros
Community based organization
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight