St. Joseph Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Hospital!
MRI Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2018
St. Joseph is the Best Hospital to work for in the Valley. The whole entire Staff is phenomenal. The environment is very Professional and Friendly. I would recommend this Hospital to
family and Friends.
Management and people keeps employee moral at a high level
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJJuly 17, 2018
I have been employed 10 years and have enjoyed my time here. The employees and management do a great job providing satisfactory patient care. There are always cons to a place but none that would make me voluntarily leave .
Student Nurse
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2018
Great clinical experiences, all staff was helpful and supportive. I was able to gain experience in L&D and medical surgical where all of the nurses were welcoming and taught me a lot in the short time I was there.
Full-time Registered Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2018
Great benefits!! Self schedule and rotating. The hardest part of the job is the people, at times, the nurses can be very critical and unforgiving. The company does push education and learning.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not part of "the group"
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 16, 2018
Great place to work with great co-workers. Hospital offers great benefits and is located in a central location with a lot of stores and restaurants within walking distance.
Pros
Cons
Parking is a challenge
nice place to work
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MI 48341July 14, 2018
nice place to work but it can get busy really fast and you have to be prepared for it. Depending on who you work with it can help the day go by fast. Enjoyed the experience
St. Joseph changed management often
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 12, 2018
I worked for St. Joseph long time ago but I had a very good experience to start. Then the Hospital kept changing managers with different styles making the job more challenging and frustrating.
Pros
They had lots of resouces
Cons
Lack of communication and proper training to employees
How I feel about the job
Pulmonary Patient Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33607July 12, 2018
On a typical day at work, I come in with a good attitude and a smile on my face. I learned that each day is a whole new experience. The management was organized. In the workplace it is very diverse. It taught me to feel comfortable with different races, cultures and religions other than my own. The hardest part of the job was seeing other patients and families suffering. I tried to do the best I can. The most enjoyable and comforting part of the job was when I would comfort and heal patients.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work
Patient Access Rep II- ED (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 12, 2018
Great people and a fun place to work. Very busy atmosphere but still a very nice place to work. Benefits are competitive. I would recommend this company to my friends.
Not what it was when i started!
Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 10, 2018
I worked for st. JOE'S FOR 15 YEARS
The changes I have seen are dollar oriented, not employee oriented.
I get the bottom dollar, but there needs to be balanced.
I felt that my time and input was in important when I became part of the management team in 2007, now I do not feel that way.
New management in my department has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth, I feel that I have been undermined and did not have the backing of my superiors.
My hope is to GET OUT
Pros
St Joes feels like a family
Cons
Management does not have your back
a typical day
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 9, 2018
Worked in neuro ICU as registered nurse. provided care for critically ill patients with neurological disorders, or postoperative patients. This was 12 hour shifts, three days per week.
CNA at St Joes
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 2, 2018
I absolutely loved working at St Joes and only left as I was changing careers. I loved the small hospital feel and the appropriate staff: patient ratio.
Focus on patient care,values employees,promotes from within
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 27, 2018
I learned that this company has the patient as their priority. Employees are recognized for their work and performance. Just that reorganization has occurred at that time I was employed.
health and dental benefits was excellent
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 22, 2018
The job as a mental health counselor and job coach was challenging for the individuals we work for. The job allowed the opportunity to network & use social media to find work for those with disability. This job gave me an opportunity to talk and speak with gate keepers and some Human Resource employee directly. We meaning as a job coach would provide support and on the job training for the individual working for the company. When a relationship between the employers and the job coach is in sync with each other along with individual is working beautifully then that is a successful. I also loved working in the residential houses as well for additionally income and to switch gears during the week.
Pros
the best seminars and food love to travel for work related events, The pay was good great hrs weekends off, & good benefits, The agency always were doing charitable events and walk. Lets say breast cancer for ex., and other great events in the community.
Cons
n/a always payed well great hrs maybe more upward mobility within the agency for me
Busy
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 22, 2018
The ER is always busy with people coming in to be treated. The staff works as fast as they can to get to everyone. Its a good environment with a lot of people who are good at their job.
Difficult place to work
Line Cook/Prep Cook/ Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2018
Have other options available. Many immature managers and they try to pay you as low as possible. They don’t hire many females if your intentions are to be a cook there.
Pros
Pto days. 4 dollar lunch coupon
Cons
Nevr fully staffed. Unprofessional management
Fast Past
ADMITTING REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
The workplace was great, but management didn't keep their word for advancements. The most enjoyable part of the job was the building of patients confidence before medical testing. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate patients due to the amount due for surgery or testing.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Terrible Manager and coodinators
Nutritional Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 20, 2018
If you have health issues that are caused from work, Don't expect any help with accommodations. They will leave you in the dust. It does not matter if you have been there for2 years or 20 years.
This is an excellent place to work at
ED Pharmacy program coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 19, 2018
The place is friendly and progressive even though it is smaller than other hospitals I worked at.
I was able to teach the staff and the clinical pharmacist there all the day to day operations with minimum difficulties.
PFS department always short staffed, no teamwork from management.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 15, 2018
Register ER patients, answer phones for the whole hospital, reports.
Learned medical terminology
Management is always on a pedestal with no concern for their teams or other employees.
Working double shifts 16hrs when on call
Meeting people from all walks of life.
Cons
No time for breaks on the afternoon/midnight shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight