St. Joseph Medical Center Employee Reviews

Security
Security Officer (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 20, 2018
I worked security there on an as needed basis it was a fun place to work co workers were real nice and you would stay busy no complaints at all emergency department can get busy at times
Pros
co workers and the company
Cons
one supervisor that would look for things to write you up for
Excellent job environment
Temporary Job (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2018
My typical day at work was quick pace and I enjoyed working with staff because of the strong teamwork spirit. I learnt a lot from the staff for example inserting IV catheter properly
Wonderful place to work
Unit Secretary, Transporter, Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2018
This facility is one of the most flexible places I've ever worked. I was able to work here while finishing school. The mangers were awesome and the pay was pretty nice as well. I also learned a lot from the staff I worked with.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2018
I was at St. Joseph for about 14 years. There was always a turnover in management and people we're always quitting. The reason I left was because of miscommunication.
The work was very enjoyable and challenging.
Full-time Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MD 21204March 27, 2018
I learned an enormous amount about healthcare, cardiology and customer service at St Joseph Medical Center. I did one of my clinical rotations here and it was my favorite place to work. I was elated when I was offered the opportunity for a full-time position here.
Pros
A close knit and supportive community.
Cons
I wish I never had to leave.
Extremely experienced staff
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 26, 2018
Worked in ER as a RN staff and agency. . Experienced staff with trauma and critical care patients in the ER. Staff very dedicated and supportive. Very fast paced. Great place to work.
Good work environment
Respiratory Care Practitioner II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2018
Smaller hospital but still good place to work with plenty of hospital life to experience. Pay is maybe a bit lower than working in the medical center but that is to be expected. Parking is convenient.
Stressful company to work at
Laboratory Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2018
Stressful company to work for. Low staff but high expectations. Located in unsafe area of town with low security. Did not receive pay raise on annual basis
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low staffing andf high demands
Very nice clean hospital human resources department
Administrative Assistant/Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 8, 2018
Very pleasant, very structured, very nice people to work with great benefits package. Great salary. Typing, filing, organizing, data entry, customer service, some interviewing and hiring of temporary contractual nursing employees. Answered phones, maintained employee data system and updated new ticker daily.
Pros
Child care credit benefits
Cons
low available work hours, very disorganized office employees
Very professional environment.
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 7, 2018
I worked as needed as a transcriptionist in the Radiology Department. I typed dictated reports and worked unsupervised. I enjoyed working in a department that was busy and staffed by professionals.
Pros
Good hours and excellent working environment.
stressful
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2018
The processes in place are unsafe. In addition to high volume of patient and short staff, Every shift was a gamble to be attacked by psych patient or some one in police custody. incompetent management team,high turn over rate for nurses and management,
Pros
location downtown
Cons
no breaks, no security safety
We did our work and still had fun with it
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 1, 2018
A good place to work and be able to advance to better yourself and your salary. Good people, good food and good benefits. I worked myself from the bottom up rather quickly. Great employee parking and a very good cafeteria.
Pros
good job, good pay.
Cons
none i can think of
Very stressful no manager support
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Out patientFebruary 26, 2018
Poor management backing. They throw staff under the bus. Untruths told. Situations created so they can mar your records. Provider pushy, and bossy. One person is expected to do the job of 3 people. Management refuses to give answers to problems. Then lashes out when something goes wrong. Management belittles staff
Pros
Monday-Friday. Front staff is great.
Cons
No break, short or no lunch. No management support. NP always running behind and then takes it out on staff
typiacl day at work
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2018
typical day at work , stressful ,to much expectation,the work loud is unbelievable, within five hour one person has to accomplish at list hundred percent of his/her job .
Pca
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2018
PCAs are overworked, they are spoke to in a condescending manner. They are chastised as if they are children. Most of the RNs have no regard to patient care. They feel that the Techs should take care of everything. Management there is ruthless. They are very pushy towards the Techs, however let the RNs do whatever and say whatever. Hope new company realize these things before its too late.
no commnts
NP (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 1, 2018
After being there for 23 years, no appreciation, my health was being jeopardized due to very unhealthy environment and management did not consider this was the factor for employee living the work and looking for another job. Plan was to retired from this place but had to force myself to get out from this place otherwise I would have drop dead if I did not.
Pros
Cons
break out of question
Didn't value the nursing staff as they should
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 31, 2018
Overall an ok experience. Great co workers, very good patient care.

Busy as hospitals all are. Management did not do a good job of communicating changes to staff. Hardest part of the job there were always changes in our processes that didn't seem to be tied to things that make sense.

Great, caring staff. Patient's liked being there more than other hospitals in the area.
Pros
great care, great staff
Cons
poor communication from management
challenging and supportive
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WA 98225January 31, 2018
Every day is different and challenging. The management and staff are supportive and wonderful. Pays well and room for advancement. Ongoing training involved.
Pros
great pay
Cons
missed breaks
Overall
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  333 N Madison drJanuary 23, 2018
A typical day is usually fast paced but also with plenty of down time to rest and get all work done before the end of the shift. I loved all my co-workers and my manager helped out a lot with any schedule changes I needed in the last months of me being employed there. The hardest part of my job is handling the patient load if there is not enough staff at certain times of the day.
Collabrotive work place with an relaxed atmosphere
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2018
As a volunteer the atmosphere and work place had a good environment. Everyone was helpful and appreciative of your help. The hospital didn't appear like a stressful workplace. It appeared calm like everyone loved their job.
Pros
Free lunch for volunteers
Cons
Hard to get hired although you worked as a volunteer.