St. Josephs Hospital Employee Reviews

I worked a Baylor shift at St. Joseph's Hospital
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2017
I cared for patients in the Neuro/Vascular unit and I worked only on weekends. The staff was very team-oriented and we worked well together. Even though I worked weekends, I was always able to reach doctors when there was a question or an issue. I really liked working for St. Jo's.
Wonderful atmosphere
Medical Secretary/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 4, 2017
I really enjoyed the atmosphere there. It was relaxed and it helped you feel comfortable. I very much enjoyed working with everyone. The management was fair and trustworthy. I felt like I could still learn without being judged. I would go back if I wasn't moving out of state.
Pros
Discounts, free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
St Josephs
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMay 2, 2017
I absolutely loved working here! I love a hospital setting the fast paced moving and helping patients. This job made me want to become a nurse in the future.
Great hours, workers very nice
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 3, 2017
The climate at the hospital was very warm and nice. It felt like a safe and lovely environment to work in. I learned a lot from my experiences and everyone was very nice.
Pros
Free lunches, good hours
Cons
Tiring, no direct experience
fun job
Food Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2017
the work load is very light, i enjoyed building relationships with the patients. customer service is very important for this job. great hours as well.
Unorganized
MEDICAL ASSISTANT 2 (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJFebruary 21, 2017
When i worked here it was a mess because they were doing new things and they were all over the place, the employees where all great and nice, they all worked well together.
Fast paced but organized environment.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day at work for me is very structured. The atmosphere is stable and the team members are hard working individuals who care about the safety and well-being of our patients and their family members. Management is very organized and professional. The hardest part of my job I would say is the stress that comes along with it. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with people who are dedicated to their profession and to the people that they serve. Working within a fantastic organization that promotes a healthy environment and provides ample support and training for its employees.
St. Josephs
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 13, 2016
Was a great place to work. They started me off at the beginning and I worked my way to the I.V. room. They helped me get my certification and license.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Assisting and caring for patients in a calm and quiet atmosphere.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 10, 2016
I was a volunteer at St. Josephs Hospital from June 2015 to October 2015. I worked twice a week and began working in the intensive care unit, where I walked around for four hours each shift and cared for the patients while assisting the nurses. I also served the patients food and water, and made sure they got what they needed. I learned that communication and compassion is very important in working in the medical field. The hardest part of being a volunteer was not being able to directly interact or deal with the patients, but the best part was being able to experience what the day of a nurse/PA/doctor is in a hospital. Overall, it was a very humbling and great experience.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Great entry level position for experience
Security Supervisor/Training/Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2016
I love the experience at this job. However they ask/pressure/demand overtime like I have never seen before. In 2 years there has only been 2 officers stay, one including me. Most of the issue is with the contract company, Securitas. But if you want to get experience in many ways, this is the job you want to have.
Pros
Great versatile experience
Cons
Lots of word, no pay, no benefits
great company
Security Officer Full Time (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 2, 2016
Its a great place to work, but since a have a few college degrees I'm looking to get into management. When doing a good job management does not say your doing a good job, but when you make a mistake or something happens management addresses it very badly. Its demotivating at times, but as long as mistakes are not made or security does not get blamed for certain things its a good job.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management, growth
Volunteer
Mother/ Baby Assessment Center Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 16, 2016
Learned how to deal with patients and check in patients efficiently.Organize all the paperwork, patient files, and properly legally labeling important documents. Guide patients and their newborn babies to see the nurse.
Excellent
Staff Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVMarch 16, 2016
Excellent Teamwork, Excellent Supervisors. Our day was effectively handled by the team and managers providing the best care to all patients.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
pay
terrible management, terrible diversity
Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 9, 2015
minorities for the most part will be stuck on overnight because they dont want is to be seen. terrible place hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Fast paced and immersive.
Room Service Attendant, Food Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 19, 2015
This job was to transport food trays to different patient rooms in a 11 floor hospital facility. It was boring and mundane and my co workers were not fun people. Hardest part of the job was standing up for myself when co worker issues arose. The only part of the job I liked was seeing peoples smiles when I brought in the food trays for them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Co worker attitudes
Enjoy working as team with nurses and doctors
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 9, 2015
I very much appreciate the management at this company. I have learned a lot about myself and though it is a very good company the job is not for me, it is very emotional at times and difficult for me to lose patients pretty much on a weekly basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to train new co workers. I am a very patient person and I love to teach and help people grow. My coworkers, I enjoy more are the nurses and doctors. Currently there are a lot of changes in the respiratory world and there are a lot of bad attitudes to change in the Resp. Department. Hardest part of my job is taking someone off life support.
Pros
helping people each day
Cons
you cant save them all
fun and productive job
food server (Former Employee) –  Tampa,FlMay 28, 2015
It was a nice job and my co-workers were very nice as well. the company is very good to their employees. the manager is very nice as well
Toxic work environment for employees
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 4, 2015
Management is no longer living the mission statement that was revised when the Franciscan Sisters were getting ready to retire. The facility is now concerned with cost reduction rather than patient care and patients and families are the ones to suffer the consequences. It is sad to have worked so many years for a place which no longer values the employees who work so hard to provide a caring atmosphere. Long term employees are being singled out in order to move them out and replace them with lesser paid employees.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, the sad decline of patient care.
Not too bad for a hospital
Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 22, 2015
An easy internship, that gives you the opportunity to help others and learn new skills. Everyone treated everyone with respect.
Pros
No heavy lifting
Cons
families who are dificult to deal with
great learning environment
PST (Current Employee) –  Tampa FlApril 15, 2015
I worked in the medical icu and learned a lot in regards to patient care. We took care of critically ill patients on the unit which was difficult at times because we as health care professionals become attached to our patients