St. Jude's Ranch for Children Employee Reviews

Most work compromised by administration
Child Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boulder City, NVSeptember 27, 2017
I worked at St. Jude's as a child specialist. While the foster parents and other specialists were incredibly dedicated to taking care of the kids, the program coordinator and program director were incredibly aloof with their support. It seemed that they only helped when there was a big problem. It was even worse with the administration that was separated from child care altogether. At least one of them would give the kids snacks or candy at a moment's notice, despite childcare's strict USDA requirements for food. After a while, the stress of "coming back from square one" proved too much for the level of pay. I've been told since I left, at least half a dozen other child care employees also left for similar reasons, that administration would be undergoing changes, and the program director would be stepping down from the company.
Excellent and amazing place.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Boulder City, NVJune 5, 2017
This place is quite amazing in so many ways. They work to achieve a healthy, strong and loving life for the children they serve. No one leaves broken.
Legend in the community
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Boulder City, NVAugust 18, 2016
The Ranch is a legend in the community. So many wonderful programs and events have taken place there. Working with the children was the best part of being there. Many changes have taken place causing the Ranch and children to suffer.
Pros
Great foundation with loads of potential
Cons
Too much change without lack of commitment and experience
Great work for the cummunity
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder City, NVJune 12, 2016
They do wonders for abused abandoned and homeless children and families in the community. They provide shelter, a homelike environment and fun for children that would otherwise not have a happy childhood.
Used to be a nice place to work
Donations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boulder City, NVApril 28, 2016
co workers were great, family like environment, job roles were changing all the time. All in all I loved it there but when the new CEO took charge of things it all went bad.
Pros
working monday thru friday was nice
Cons
The CEO
very hard to balance work and home life
Teaching Parent (Former Employee) –  Boulder City, NVApril 15, 2015
Although I love working with children and loved working in the environment at the ranch its extremely difficult to maintain friendships outside of work
Pros
free food free rent free utilities and free transportation while at work
Cons
very little time off
Great employer for advancement opportunities
Chief Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Boulder City, NVDecember 7, 2014
It is a hard working position, but the best job for professional development. The culture is the children, everyone always know what we are working for, and that is the children and improving their lives.
Pros
Culture, Growth and Development, Learning environment
Cons
Hard work, Some long hours
Poor Management!
Therapeutic House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boulder City, NVJuly 22, 2014
Beware, the middle management team will not support, educate/train, or encourage. The mission of the ranch is easily sold in the recruitment process, but never seen again once living on the ranch.
Pros
Supporting the Youth
Cons
Middle Management is Inexperienced and You Will Suffer for This.
Mentally and morally demands in an environment troubled with youth who have often demonstrated lack of respect regarding rules and self-acceptance.
Supervisor, Pregnancy & Parenting Teens Program (Former Employee) –  Boulder City, NVSeptember 14, 2013
Many children placed by the courts and other agencies at St.Jude's Ranch for Children appeared to lack the discipline necessary to reason and make appropriate choices regarding anger management. With older children, enabling them to work and communicate with others for the 'good of the cause' helps the clients recognize these characteristics can empower them thru success in every walk of life.
I always enjoyed my co-workers, and the friendships we developed.
Donor Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boulder City, NVOctober 23, 2012
Through my work experience here, I learned a lot about leadership and jumping in and getting things done. It was a highly responsible position and I was proud to be a part of this worthy organization.
Pros
good insurance, vacation pay and other benefits
Cons
the drive was to far for the pay received.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Jude's Ranch for Children. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about