St. Leonard Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHMay 11, 2019
Company does not follow its mission statement. Negative toxic work environment.Half of staff is lazy and incompetent other half is overworked due to short staffing. Residents deserve better care than they get there. State there constantly for valid complaints. Management is horrible and goes around cursing at staff. Unsafe working environment for aides or nurses would not recommend for employment and could never recommend for patients
Pros
Cons
Every thing
St Leonard
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJuly 6, 2018
Often short staffed and some older nurses were bullied. One nurse use to bully aides and cause drama within the Work place. Often understaffed creating a huge aide to resident ratio.
Frustrating place to work
bbb (Former Employee) –  Dayton OhioMarch 28, 2017
The management always tells you things are going to get better and they don't. It is very understaff and staff are angry. They are underappreciated. Health insurance is expensive and not very good.
Pros
very pretty campus
Cons
poor health insureance
I liked workong there and tje people wete good to work with
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHMarch 3, 2017
I liked it here but the pay could be better. And they could work with you more and help you out during a crisis. And the management could be better and help you with emergencies.they could be more organized.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay
Caring, compassionate environment with a faith based mission
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHJanuary 14, 2017
I have worked at St. Leonard for over 5 years and have enjoyed every single day! I feel very blessed and fortunate to work for a facility that is faith based and mission drive. Caring for our residents and helping them live life to the fullest is a privilege. The executive director, administrators,marketing team and wellness team work hard to offer our residents every opportunity to live vital lives and to strengthen their bodies and minds.

Being able to spend time with our amazing residents is my favorite part of the job. This generation of people are hard working, genuine, caring, respectful and grateful people. Listening to their stories is inspiring.
Pros
Faith based and mission driven work environment, engaging with our residents
A great place to work and advance
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHJanuary 13, 2017
St. Leonard is a great place to work with several buildings so an individual can pick which area they feel most comfortable working in. They offer Assisted Living, Memory Care, Long Term care and Rehabilitation. The opportunities for advancement are endless. The staff are very supportive of each other. We offer each other encouragement and enjoy spending time with our residents. We have a career ladder and mentor program that supports our new employees as well. We are the only facility in the area to offer a free Ohio Board of Nursing approved Medication Aide program for our STNAs. We offer the Nurse Aide program as well.
Our team prays together before each meeting-that means a lot to me. We have a very involved and caring Spiritual Care team.
I highly recommend St. Leonard.
Pros
Free Medication Aide and Nurse Aide classes. A career ladder & mentor program.
Enjoyable
STNA (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHJanuary 13, 2017
I feel St. Leonard is a great place to work and I have had a wonderful experience. I'm not understanding where all the negative comments are coming from? I'm thinking it's from employees who feel entitlement. Any new job takes some time to get use too. The staff is like my family and I look forward to coming into work every day!!
Assisted Living
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHDecember 27, 2016
Administer medications, patient treatments, patient care, head to toe assessments (including vital signs), and patient teaching
Pros
minimal supervision
Cons
short staffed
Understaffed and don't expect to get trained properly!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHNovember 8, 2016
Horrible place to work! Very unorganized and under staffed! understaffed is actually an under statement! They are so understaffed there is no time for on the job training so expect to go in blind and stressed to the max! Good luck! Train wreck at its best!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Understaffed and unorganized
Stressful work environment
Dining Attendant (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHOctober 28, 2016
Being constantly short staffed and over budget, staff is required on a regular basis to become overworked and severely underpaid. Trying to go through school myself, there is no way I could even pay for part time at a community college with the checks I receive.
Pros
Sense of accomplishment, pride in completing hard work
Cons
Physically demanding, pay, environment
Deapised working here!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHAugust 28, 2016
I loved the residents and their families, but management is another story. They are unappreciative, abusive, and make you feel like you're beneath them. Being there made me contemplate changing career fields.
Pros
Residents and their families
Cons
No shift sifferential, on-call rotation for floor nurses, disorganized, I could go on
Friendly community
Dining Attendant (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHJune 5, 2016
I have learned how to communicate with people by collecting their meal orders. I also clean the kitchen and take out the trash. Everyone at St. Leonard is friendly and positive. The hardest part is multi tasking, but at the end of the day, it is nice to see how you have helped so many people.
Great people, poor management
STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHOctober 18, 2013
Co-workers are great to get along with, helpful, friendly, family members are generous and thankful. The only problem is that the management does not compensate the workers for all of the hard work, thus the reason why it is short staffed, it has a very high turnover rate.
Pros
great people
Cons
no raises, low start off pay, short staffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Leonard. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9