St. Louis Cardinals Employee Reviews

Great crew and supervisor, poor upper management and pay
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2019
Most employees are great and become family that are fun and supportive while upper management treats you as dispensable. It is made very clear indirectly that there are a million people who would want to work for the company just because of the name but the reality is different once you do. With so many people willing to work just for the name of the company they take advantage of most mid-level and low level employees paying them low wages and restricting any benefits they can if it saves the organization a penny. Many people leave the organization because pay rates are low for career minded people who want to own a home and support a family.
Pros
Game atmosphere, great employees on the mid and lower levels
Cons
benefits have been reduced, pay is low, slow advancement
Taught me great customer service, fun atmosphere to work in
USHER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2018
Working for the St. Louis Cardinals was fun, exciting, and full of unexpected experiences. There's such a wide variety of people that attend the games that you see something different everyday. I always looked forward to going to work.
Pros
saw all home games for free
Cons
too cold in beginning of season, too hot in the middle of summer
Competitive work culture
Professional Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 26, 2018
Grateful for my time with the Cardinals. Wish I would have been able to develop a more competitive and team oriented mindset while with the organization.
Great family environment.
Usher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 6, 2018
They are very flexible with students. The cardinals care about there employees and are passionate about recognizing them. Wonderful management and only set you up for success.
Cardinals
Usher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 18, 2018
I highly recommend them as an employer for you or your loved ones, they care about the employees and your well being. It is easier for advancements as well.
Fun working environment.
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2018
If love working with others. Also with the general public. This is a job for people person. Must of us do . What we do. For our fans. Who we greet each and every home stand.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday.
Cons
It's not a full-time.
Best job in the world
Group Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 8, 2017
Working the the Cardinals Baseball team allow me many chances to do thing in the St.Louis area from working with kids groups around town as well as meeting Pro ball players
Pros
Everything was good
Cons
Seasonal work
Social environment with friendly people all around.
Ticket Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Busch Stadium, MOOctober 18, 2017
Both the employees and managers working the Cardinals, at least in the sales department, wanted to see everyone succeed. The culture was fast paced, but also friendly and enjoyable. Taking sales calls can be stressful at times, but there are no shortage of people that are willing to help. Overall, the St. Louis Cardinals are a wonderful organization for work for.
Pros
Occasional free food and free Cardinals baseball
Cons
Inconsistent work hours
Best team in sports
Ticket Sales and Service Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2017
Great place to work. The culture within the organization is unrivaled. IS it a great place to succeed, and the people there are amazing to work with. I definitely enjoyed my there.
Fun in the Sun and getting to work behind the scenes
Stadium Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 24, 2017
Even though I worked there as an intern and only for three months, working for the St. Louis Cardinals learning from the BEST in BASEBALL (the Event Staff) was a lifetime experience I will never forget!
Pros
Busch Stadium
Cons
Cardinal players
Rewarding and active work place. Fun job.
Video Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 19, 2017
It was great working for the Cardinals and learning new video technology every year. With the new video scoreboard there was an opportunity to keep up with changing trends in the field of video production.
fun but long hours
St. Louis Cardinals Group Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2015
funj place to work but the hours are long and the compensation isn't ideal. It is a great place to work right after college, once you get to a certain spot its hard to move up
Great job and get to see a baseball game or concert
Guest Relations Center (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 13, 2017
Every day is a new day. Different guest to meet and greet along with the season ticket holders. I would say one of the hardest things about this job is the heat, this is a seaonal job during the summer and you must be able to endure the tempeture.
Productive sales position with multiple responsibilities
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 5, 2015
Responsible for selling single game, group, and season tickets on a daily basis. I answered inbound phone calls which covered questions regarding each department in the front office. I effectively up sold customers and related to each individuals needs on a personal and professional level. I am comfortable working long hours and at a high pace. I get along with others easily and consider relationship building my strongest quality. My impatience is my weakest quality because I am eager to finish a project once it has been assigned. I have a positive outlook not only on life but in the work force. I strive for more responsibility and enjoy staying busy.
Tour Guide & Sales
St. Louis Cardinals Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 21, 2013
Great job in addition to a full time position or for a retiree! Get to know the nooks and crannies of the ball park. Take groups of all ages on tour while teaching Cardinal history.
Fun place to work
Baseball Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 4, 2015
I worked there for a 6 month internship and absolutely loved it. This was during the 2006 World Series run. It was great to have that experience.
Market Research Surveyor
Market Research Surveyor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 23, 2015
I was a market research surveyor for the St. Louis Cardinals, so my job was to survey about 30 fans each game about different things in order to help the marketing department better advertise to their fans.
Productive environment. Great people and fans. Amazing co-workers
Field Crew Game Attendant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2014
We take the batting practice equipment off the field once both teams are done and prepare the field and grass for the game. During gameplay, inbetween innings the field is dragged to smooth out the holes of cleats made by players. After the game, the field is repaired of damage done from the gameplay and prepared for the next home game the next day.
Pros
Free lunches, amazing fans and co-workers, dream job
Friendly Atmosphere
Market Research Surveyor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2014
A typical day working as a surveyor includes, asking every fifth fan that walks past me if they would be interested in taking a survey. Each game worked has a different survey to give so, depending on the survey the fans will be asked questions based off of fan entertainment, media habits, customer service, and demographics. The hardest part of this job is trying to get fans to stop and take the survey. Many people shy away from them because they think there is a catch to taking it, but we are just looking for input on certain areas for improvement and how to better market to the fans. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to be in the stadium when it's empty. The other most enjoyable part of the job is meeting fans from different parts of the country.
My Thoughts
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MISeptember 15, 2015
This made me the man I am today. I worked my whole life to do what I did for 4 years. My story is only the beginning of what I have done