St. Luke's Episcopal Health System Employee Reviews

Fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRApril 9, 2018
Is a fun and exciting place to work. long hours and cooperative environment. it treat you like a family and wiling to help each other up. Task oriented.
Good work and easy
Parking Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2018
Easy work and I am a very fast learner , I handle lots of cash, credit card transactions and checks. Handle great customers service and did several other job responsibilities.
Excellent Teaching institution
Donor Phlebotomist - Blood Donor Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2018
St. Luke's Hospital gave me my start in Healthcare all those years ago. Much of what I learned came from the wonderful, knowledgeable staff in departments such as Laboratory, Nursing Services, and the Blood Bank.
Pros
lots of opportunity to learn
Cons
long hours, few holidays off
productive
Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee) –  houston call centerJanuary 14, 2018
great place to work and gain experience, just need to evaluate reasons for promoting within when capable. i held team lead for coding and interim scheduling team lead with no raise
Pros
great experience
Cons
moving up
It was an excellent place to work.
MANAGER, MEDICAL STAFF QUALITY (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Worked there for 31 years from staff nurse to manager of department. Had great staff to work with and enjoyed the work. Educated physicians and service members on quality metrics, audit results, and ways to improve compliance. The organization culture at the time was great and valued employees' opinion. Had great benefits and retirement plan.
Experience
Adult Intensive Care Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2017
Great job for experience many years ago as a new nurse. I worked in ICU - many different units. St Lukes had 9 different units. Many memories and so much on the job training.
Pros
Ojt
Good Company
Supervisor Patient Access Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2017
Great company for industry. Great people and team. Technology was lacking for software programs during my tenure. However, I think it has been updated
Extremely stressful
Supervisor, Patient Access Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2017
Unnecessarily competitive. Poor management generated from lack of confidence, distrust and paranoia. Suspicions were ignited by untruths and falsehoods.
Cons
Lack of integrity
Great benefits did not outweigh management problems
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2017
We started the day running because we got cardiovascular patients right at the start of the shift.

I learned about the many needs and problems of patients.

Personalty differences dominated the work environment.

Keeping the management happy took too much of my time,

Patient satisfaction kept me going
Pros
Excellent benefit program
Cons
Disagreements and difficulties with management.
I loved my job.. Fast packed and doctors were awesome!
Radiology / Angiography Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2017
Working with the Angio team and doctors was great! We worked hard. They trusted me and we made a wonderful team! I learned alot about bringing patients to angio department/ER and standard floor calls. The hardest part of the job was going home! I loved my job!
Pros
fast packed
Cons
politics
Productive patient focused care
Graduate Nurse / Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2017
Very strict on protocols, but excellent patient care. Wonderful people to work with who are constantly trying to keep up with advancements. Very supportive management.
Pros
good benefits
CLINICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2017
They offer a fair and competitive salary. They have really great benefits. When I worked there, they did not promote advanced education as much as my current employer.
productive organized work place
Medical Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 4, 2017
great place to work. coworkers were good people with a caring heart. benefits were great. taking care of the patients was great and the equipment to do so made it even better
Pros
management was always accessible
Cons
not being able to work a set 12 hour schedule
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Assistant Director of Food Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77030September 7, 2017
Very Good Hospital with Great Food Program well know in the Texas Medical Center and was Self Operated as opposed to contract managed. Was considering Contract Management as an alternative so I left.
Pros
Great Competency in staff
Cons
Upper Management was secretive.
Fun Workplace
Demonstrate competencies of graduate nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Competitive and challenging workplace. It brings out the best in me when I was a student nurse. I learn a lot from all the staffs which will go a long way in shaping my nursing career.
great place to work for!!!!
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2017
Pharmacy Management: "A+" No drama here. Every one does their job and stays out of their co-worker affairs. No one gets anyone in trouble. Very Pleasant place to work!!! Salary was always good and high. Raises every year!!
Pros
high salary, friendly workers
The Worst Place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
Some units in the ICU or messy staff members Cooley 8A Cooley 8B were very versatile there was no structure there. The old manager was there to accommodate not help. Managers in other units CCU were very disrespectful they would approach you like you are apart their unit asking you to locate things. Towers they treat you worse than a panhandlers.. Patient family members will disrespect you and management will take their side regardless if you were wright..
Pros
Let this place help you and you get more education
Cons
Don't unless it's your last resort
It's a world renowned healthcare facility
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2017
When I worked there, I had an excellent boss and I enjoyed working with the Executive Office team. I enjoyed being a part of such a high-caliber institution.
great patient population
clinical nurse Adult Hemodialysis (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2017
I loved what I my role at St. Luke's, however I worked on a unit that was made up of a majority of one group of people. This group often spoke in there mother tongue, and would work together to make sure that the work assignment offered them the best patients. I would ask leadership there for help and they often times tried to make excuses for why certain things were taken place. I finally had to resign as I was concerned with the effect that is was having on the patient's that we were serving.
Pros
loved the patients, and the physicians I worked with
Cons
not enough diversity within this unit
St Lukes Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2017
St Lukes Hospital is an excellent place to work. The dedication to patient care and quality of said care are unsurpassed. I would love to work for St Lukes again.
Pros
Excellence in care
Cons
Comute to medical center

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2