St. Luke's Health System Employee Reviews

Great place to work and grow. St. Luke's has been great to me and my family.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 10, 2019
St. Luke's is a great place to work. Leadership is amazing and support those who are employed here for the right reasons. The health care industry is changing for the better (rewarded for improving health rather than frequency of care) and this can be challenging for anyone in this field.
Pros
Great leadership, work/life balance, security, advancement
Cons
A lot of change in healthcare
Hostile work enviroment, harassment, bullying
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 24, 2019
Culture of bullying, harassment, and hostile work environment noted and documented but ignored by management. If you are not part of the clique then you are singled out and made to feel inadequate. Working here makes it difficult to balance home-life with the stress of being singled out for not going with what is accepted by the clique, including physicians, and is detrimental. And with the re-organizing, it has only gotten worse. Staff is extremely clique oriented. They come across nice at first, but then true colors come out. BEWARE! If you don't mind being stabbed in the back, having your words twisted and your actions judged by the minute, then this place is for you. Since they are selling St Luke's, all they care about now is the bottom line! Money and NOT the staff!
Pros
proximity
Cons
Hostile work enviroment, harassment, bullying
Poor management and policies
None (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDDecember 29, 2018
The department I was in was so micromanaged by the management it was unbearable. The supervisors never seemed to be around and the department policies were terrible. They want robots who will work without questions and without conversations with each other. I wouldn’t recommend the specific department I was in, but others seem to be much better.
Great coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 22, 2018
St. Luke's recently has been going through structural changes which has made the work environment even more stressful. Not many perks or respect for long term committed staff. Management with no clinical background makes decisions for departments.
Pros
Great coworkers, team players, good call hours
Cons
Bad management, increased workload with no pay increases.
mixed
Program Manager, Quality Patient Safety (Current Employee) –  Ketchum, IDDecember 11, 2018
The organization has some good policies but the experience is dependent upon skill of the individual manager. Employee satisfaction is fairly low currently.
Pros
some
Cons
some
Unethical
Director (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDDecember 5, 2018
St. Lukes makes poor business decisions that they claim improve patient care and experience.

This is incorrect. They want fewer nurses, caps, service workers helping patients.

The main reason for the restructure is that Lukes' keeps hiring high paying executives who do not help improve the patient care.

It is sad to see such greed and profit and then have them claim they care about patients.
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 20, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with patients. The employees and clinical team make you want to come to work. It's exciting to see your team grow and take care of patients.
St. Luke's
Connect (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 11, 2018
The pay is competitive and it is probably the reason people stay.

Management fails to listen, they implement policies without thinking of a big overall picture. Management is the reason most people leave. Management lack of communication is frustrating.

Working for a heath provider one would think the benefits would be better than most. Unfortunately they are really horrible. People still avoid seeking healthcare because it is not affordable for employees to use the company they work for.
Pros
Pay, co-workers, not very stressful
Cons
Management, benefits
Big turn over
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Baker City, ORNovember 8, 2018
With big management turn over and being so far away from main offices EOMA in Baker City isnt the most organized place to work. You are thrown in with little training and then penalized for others mistakes.
Horrific work environment .. supervisor horrible
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  BoiseNovember 8, 2018
The pay at this for profit hospital was putrid . Raises were 2% cost of living goes up 6% a year and these people expect u to live on this .. the supervisors we're uneducated and had no idea how to deal with people. They had there favorites and the others they tried to get fired. Steer clear of working with this God awful place. I did it for 2 yrs until I found a much better paying job where u are Respected
Pros
Cons
Pay. Management
Advancement opportunities for FTE's
Certified Epic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 7, 2018
Promoted multiple growth opportunities for FTE's as well as organizational knowledge sharing for Consultants. Strong leadership. Afforded FTE's many educational opportunities.
Clique environment
Obstetrical Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 27, 2018
Negative environment. Staff were not encouraged to get along or support each other. Not a lot of respect required from physicians or nursing staff. Disappointing.
Reactive rather than proactive leadership.
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 26, 2018
Frequently making changes and rolling them out without a solid plan. Then having to backtrack to change again and roll out plan to all staff. The workplace culture has become toxic in some areas. Very little accountability, and when accountability is asked for, the upper management does not enforce or back up their leaders.
Cons
Poor management
Average Pay, poor benefits, ABYSMAL MANAGEMENT- IT workers look elsewhere
Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 7, 2018
Let me preface all this as this was my experience in my department (IT), but I have heard from others that it is not this way in other departments within the organization.

Work environment and management were absolutely the worst possible. Management did not care about any of their employees, and made it very clear that you were just a warm body in a seat to them. Other employees were regularly encouraged to nit pick on coworkers, and frequently would throw each other under the bus if it made them look better to management. Management never publicly supported this behavior, but having worked there for many years, I can tell you that they absolutely supported it behind closed doors. The only possible chance you had at advancement was not through hard work and doing a good job, but through how much you brown nosed your superiors. Management would not lift a finger to help you either grown in skill, or advance.The culture was the worst I have ever witnessed at any employer in my history of working. Unfortunately this will not change any time soon, because the entire management structure in place currently is the "good old boy" system and came over together from another company when it shut down.

Pay was about average for the industry. PTO/time off was slightly higher than average. Benefits as a whole were below average, and continued to get worse the longer I worked there. Health insurance costs were extremely high despite this being the largest employer in Idaho, AND being a healthcare institution. Benefits were either reduced or eliminated every year that I worked there,
  more... making it less and less desirable to work there.

After so many years of putting up with an increasingly declining quality of life working for this company, I finally had to call it quits. I liked that I could say I worked for St. Luke's while I was with them, but I could no longer work under the absolutely abysmal and hostile management in place in the IT department.
Pros
working for a company that helps the community, good work/life balance
Cons
worst possible culture, worst possible management, poor benefits
Fun place to work and financially stable
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDSeptember 29, 2018
It's difficult to work for St. Luke's when at this point there is only an ER. In the ER there is no room for advancement there is a lot of personality clashes due to it being so small and at times too slow or too busy. Work ethics are too broad.
Pros
financially stable, close to home, mission focused
Cons
management failures, no room for advancement
Poor Management, Nepotism, and Too Much Office Gossip
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDSeptember 21, 2018
Working for St. Luke’s was a great job to hold down if you could accept management’s constant inconsistencies, favoritism towards certain employees, slow response time when contacting, and last minute schedule changing due to errors on their end. I floated to different clinics frequently and there were always tenured medical professionals not following safety protocols in order to save them time. There was also a lot of unprofessional office gossip between employees and management. The pay was decent but I make a little over twice more working in LTL logistics coordinating after almost two years. In clinic there was no training and people were either reluctant to help or assumed you knew what do and would dismiss questions or help, management was barely on site too. Personally, the stress of working for St. Luke’s wast not worth it despite years of medical education.
Pros
Hour lunch if working full time day.
Cons
Low pay, expected to know everything even beyond scope of practice, poor management or lack there of, unfriendly coworkers, and office bad mouthing/gossip.
Emergency Room Admitting
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 10, 2018
Loved the pace of the job and most of the people but the management was inconsistent. Turnover rate for the department was astronomical. Management would hire people under qualified and they would never make it out of training.
Pros
3 day work weeks, tuition reimbursement, and flexibility to go to school.
Cons
Lack of communication, favoritism, always expected to do more with no additional incentive, and lack of training.
Fun and exciting work environment
Clinical Assistive Personnel (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 1, 2018
Working in the CSU allowed me to float to different units and hospital locations. This allowed me the ability to learn much more as I was exposed to many different patient groups.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Staff meetings are way too long
Time has changed St. Luke's
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 27, 2018
From the time I started until the time I left there was a lot of change. It became less and less about the patient and an even more drastic swing towards employees. Some of the things I noticed was less employee recognition or even simple thank you's, decreased quality in "gifts" to employees, saying they wanted to promote (nursing supervisor to director) but no follow through. Taking about patient safety but decreasing the number of staff on the floor to safely care for patients. Less resources for staff to do the job they needed to do effectively.
Pros
Offering 8-12 hours shifts (flexibility)
Cons
Do not always get lunch breaks, not enough resources to do ones job well, little support when needed.
Positive Patient Center Culture
Epic ASAP System Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 22, 2018
St Luke's Health System has a very positive work culture that always keeps the patient at the center of any decisions made. They are always looking for continued improvement.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Little room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Luke's Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight