St. Luke's Health System Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work.
Clinical Nurse Supervisor II, triage (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 19, 2018
Very professional, caring staff from the CEO to the cleaning personnel. Friendly, family atmosphere. They really care about their employees and strive to help them in every venue.
Pros
Great support and opportunity for advancement
Awesome Culture, Excellent WHY
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 15, 2018
Coming to work for the patient is a really good reason to get out of bed. Inspiring leaders but overall compensation issues (no pay for performance motivators).
Pros
Culture, teamwork, benefits
Cons
Pay, Opportunity for Advancement
Small hospitals trying to be bullies to fit in
RN (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJuly 13, 2018
A small hospital that is part of an even bigger problem (system). Moderately busy hospital that has no real say in its choices. Management is unable to make their own decisions and depend on the mothership to make all decisions for them. A culture of bullying and forcing people to stay in their place, rather than letting them grow and contribute. A culture of letting people know just how disposable they are. It's a shame that they hold such a monopoly.
Pros
Only place to work!
Cons
Only place to work...
Workplace
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 8, 2018
Working in the ER can be enjoyable as well as stressful. We had a great team, in which we can lean on one another when times are hard and difficult. Our Supervisor has always been there to lend a helping hand when needed
Okay Place to work. Decent Salary
Patient Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 24, 2018
The organization as a whole is a bit over rated. They pay well, but the choices for shifts and hours is terrible. They preach taking care of yourself, but they don't ever give you time off.
Pros
Good Pay; Holiday Pay; Overtime
Cons
Short Lunches w/o other breaks; Scheduling
No longer satisfied
Occupational Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 19, 2018
I am afraid to say too much in case my job title is linked to this review. Needless to say, if I am here looking for a new job, I am not happy with St. Luke's, specifically, my department.
Not all of St. Luke's is like this, it depends on the department you are in. I have visited other departments that care about their staff and make their working experience successful and enjoyable.
Pros
insurance credits for meeting health markers, low cost insurance
Cons
Spends more money on building than on employees needs for a good working environment.
Great Oppurtunities but still comes with hassles.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMay 6, 2018
I had no intentions of working for St Luke's, but I needed a job and benefits, and that was where I landed. It ended up being a great 3 years where I grew and matured. It still had its typical job problems like drama, poor management in places and difficult co-workers. Overall though it was a good place that treated their employees well.
Pros
Dining Cards for FNS employees, discount on food items.
What an Awesome change!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDApril 25, 2018
St. Luke's has been an awesome change of practice to what I was used to. I came form a level III NICU and Level I Trauma center in California. Here at St Luke's there is great emphasis on level setting all new hires and ensuring that everyone has what they need to perform their job well. I have appreciated the support I have been given and love the environment I work in. In addition, I appreciate that SLHS walks the walk and talks the talk they advocate for following best practice and will stand behind it.
I will say, though, there is a very blurred work life balance in leadership. Sometimes an unreal expectation that you will answer emails on your off days as well as come in extra.
Overall, SLHS is a great place to work
Pros
Nurse patient ratios are safe
Cons
Blurred work life balance
Nampa location
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDApril 22, 2018
The leadership at the Nampa St. Luke's is the best. Very down to earth, friendly, and listen to the employees. Extremely approachable. They have done a great job to promote a unique culture in Nampa. Feels more like family than work.
Interesting work, challenging culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 22, 2018
Great opportunities for interesting work. Lots of change that is not always well planned or managed. Cronyism is a problem. Leadership heavy. Not enough efforts to retain valuable employees.
Pros
salary, benefits, interesting work
Cons
challenging culture
Enjoyed Supporting Research
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 20, 2018
I worked in finance supporting clinical research. I really enjoyed the work that I did. I loved my manager and my team. During my time there, I learned a lot about cancer and how my role was vital to providing excellent care to the patient.
Pros
Flexing Time
Cons
Not enough staff
Excellent Health Care system
Epic Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 18, 2018
A top tier health system that is a fun and exciting place to work. Great benefits better that most other organizations I have worked for . Overall great work environment.
Very supportive
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 4, 2018
I have enjoyed my time at St. Luke's, but decided to relocate. I only worked here for 2.5 years but it was generally a good organization to work for. I will miss it.
Run far and fast
Retired St. Luke's Employee (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 31, 2018
Not worth it, read the reviews and add some more to it, terrible pay, worse than high school culture and disgusting buildings that make people sick. Clueless leaders who are more concerned with bullying and pity parties for themselves than actually having a clue what the employees they are in charge of do everyday. I doubt any of them can actually read those graphs they talk about in meetings. Uneducated backstabbing people who "know someone" will get promoted, so stay mediocre like everyone else just waiting out their retirement.
Pros
PTO is almost average but still below for the industry.
Cons
Bad pay, benefits, culture, facilities and leadership
Horrific work environment, Bullies, Poor Management
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 16, 2018
Bullies abound and are rewarded by management. Management horrific, ineffective, and Hitler-like. Management's best skills are watching their back and pushing blame onto their workers. Most of them run the department and set policy through ridiculous emails that don't reflect any well thought-out processes. Racism rampant and openly displayed without any consequences. Magnet designation is just a hype - there is not any real participatory management for nurses. This place will wear you down and rob you of your self-esteem... if you let it. Staying focused on the patients and your own nursing skills is the best survival mechanism if you need the job.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Horrible work environment.
Current employee
Peon 1st class (Current Employee) –  Not in BoiseMarch 1, 2018
Worse place ever to work. They tell you they are all about patients and supporting the community. They really are all about money and power. They could care less about their employees and don't value you at all. The managers and supervisors in Boise are on a major power trip. The local administration staff are more concerned with keeping their own jobs so don't have time to look out for you. I wish our local hospital had never integrated with the healthcare system a.k.a Mafia.
Pros
I get to go home every day
Cons
Working with Hitler like staff in Boise
Quality mission and values; Poor management and culture of mistrust
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 26, 2018
Due to a negligent CIO, a software implementation exceeded budget in millions and members of the Information Technology department were subsequently laid off.
Pros
Work/Life Balance; Organization Mission
Cons
Culture of mistrust, Poor management
Highly demanding
Health Information Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 16, 2018
Had its ups and downs over the years. Recent changes with management and culture in my area were intolerable. Many employees jumping ship. Educated but inexperienced employees became valued over those with skills and knowledge.
Pros
Nice coworkers. Liked my job duties.
Cons
New arrangements concerning management put a lot of stress on workers and high turnover in my area.
Typical Day at Work
EVS Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 12, 2018
My typical day at work was to gather trash, cardboard and bio hazard from all 10 floors of the hospital. The day was very fast-paced and expected to meet scheduled times to gather the trash and have it back to the compactor to dispose of the trash.
Friendly and Team work based environment.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 9, 2018
Clock in, Start prepping for the work day ahead of us.
Go through Lunch and Dinner service.
I learned how to work at many stations including the Line, Sandwich/Salad stations, Expo, and food prep area.
Hardest part of my job would have been adapting to change every couple of months.
Management what Good, sometimes you'd have to hunt somebody down if you needed something from them.
I really enjoyed the free daily meals they provided as it would save me and like many others that work there some money.
Pros
Pto, Breaks, Free Lunch
Cons
Lots of change, Some Poor Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Luke's Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight