St. Luke's Hospital - Missouri Employee Reviews

Great mission but management is not held accountable for bad behavior.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOSeptember 11, 2018
The hospital operations are probably well run. Though, there is little value placed on support personnel. When people try to bring issues up that would improve the environment, many times it goes no where. People just give up. Leadership is okay with the turnover of non-mgt. and find a way to justify it. If you don't submit to the culture, it could be a big problem. Boss could cross the line many times and be disrespectful to employees. It makes the environment more stressful than it needs to be. By the lack of action, it seems to be allowed.
Pros
Facilities, mission
Cons
401K match, flexibility, paid time off
Poor management
Technical Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 14, 2018
St Luke’s lab is horrendous. Poor management and morale. Supervisors treat you like children and you get yelled at. Never get praised or told anything good that you do. Histology is the most negative and dysfunctional department
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Poor management worst job I’ve ever had
Poor leadership.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 10, 2018
Micro Management nightmare. Director has no food service experience. Director does not let the people hired do the jobs they were hired to do.
Consistently sets up people to fail.
Pros
Earned time off.
Cons
Poor leadership by lack of foodservice knowledge. Food waste by to large of a menu.
Good Employees
LPN (Former Employee) –  Smithville, MOMay 25, 2018
Good Place to work. The have gone through a lot of transition in the past few years. Lost alot of good staff and management. I still believe the staff are caring and competent.
A good place to learn
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 27, 2018
I liked working on my floor. The management was great and so was the team work. The hospital is small and in a safe area. The only downfall is some of the nurses and staff don’t care to help. As a PCT my work load is huge 10-12 patients. I do a lot and answer every call some of the time help is hard to come by. Being floated and pulled to other floors happens more than it should. I enjoyed my floor but being pulled was miserable since help was not there. It was a good place to start off and learn but now I am advancing my career and going elsewhere somewhere that’s more stable.
Pros
Shifts, overtime, management
Cons
The cafeteria, lack of help, high pt load
Look out if you're reliable...
Food & Nutrition (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 7, 2018
They have a tendency to lean of people that prove themselves trust worthy, a little too much at times. Not much in the way of on the job training or learning more about your field. It can be a fun environment, but for the most part it's very stressful. You are told one thing today and something completely contradictory tomorrow. It is exhausting.
Pros
Can be fun, most of the people are fun to be around
Cons
lack of training, lack of department goals, lack of clear leadership, lack of personal goals
Great teamwork
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 15, 2018
The neuro floor had really great nurses and techs. The job was very fast paced. Being pulled to different floors was a downfall. Patients ranged from independent to total care. Patient care technicians were required to do vital signs, computer charting, bathing and assisting with ADL’s, post-operative and pre-operative patients, strokes, telemetry, EKG’s, phlebotomy, insertion and d/c catheters, straight catheters, phlebotomy, preceptor, secretary duties, transporting patients, pulled to other floors, bedside report, checking blood sugars, ordering meals, admissions and discharges, mechanical lifts, IV removal, hourly rounding, wound care, incontinence care.
Cashier/ cook
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 6, 2017
I know how to use the cash register and every good with money i have also cooking experience. I am a very fast learner and if i have any question i will be the first one to ask who evers in charge.Because i dont like to make mistakes.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
ShOrt breakes
very fast paced department
Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJuly 27, 2017
There was no schedule in my particular department and therefore most of the time there were many people waiting. This lead to a very stressful situation to me because I always felt I wasn't "caught up".
Server/Cook
Dietary (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 2, 2017
Temporary cook, server, cleaner. It was easy, friendly, and fast. The hours and pay were worth it. Only reason I left is because of relocating.
Work well in a team environment
Ditetary (Former Employee) –  St, LouisJuly 17, 2015
Highly skilled customer service professional in the food service industry serving Schools and hospitals. Great multitasking abilities, Set up tables, Collected payments and ringed sales, Maintain safe environment within established procedures.
Pros
lunch
Cons
short beark

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Luke's Hospital - Missouri. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about