St. Luke's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Medical
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2018
St Lukes Hospital is a medical facility that treats patients, but I learned that if a incoming patient didn't have insurance they would send them to another hospital.
Best first job
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 1, 2018
I LOVED St. Luke's!! I would recommend anyone new to start the the biggest hospital they could! This brought so much out to you and to see what you are made of! Made me who I am!
RN in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 21, 2018
St. Luke's is a great place to work. The culture is great and the work atmosphere is good. I have enjoyed my time at St. Luke's so far and I look forward to the future.
Really enjoyed my time there
Staff Nurse - Inpatient Oncology/ASCTU (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 19, 2018
This was a great first job and a great opportunity to gain experience and knowledge. I miss the atmosphere, the people and the challenge, but I needed a change when I started a family.
Wonderful company
Call Center Lead (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIJune 18, 2018
I regret ever leaving this company. Aurora was by far the best company I have ever worked for. If I could go back I would. If you are looking for a career, Aurora is the company for you!
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
No overtime
Very Efficient Workplace
CLINICAL CARDIOLOGY INTERN (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 12, 2018
The staff stay on task and get things done in a timely manner. The doctors are great at their job and taught me a lot about cardiology, and were very empathetic towards the patients and their families.
Pros
Free lunches, great personalities, extensive learning opportunity, impressive internship program
Cons
Older facility, not enough parking
Do more, with less
Volunteer Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2018
Nursing staff was stretchered thin, positions were being eliminated, the staff that was left, was told to pick up the extra. With the change in ownership of hospitals, culture is don't stop looking for another job. The hospital was recently purchased by Steward Healthcare out of Boston, MA, and is a for profit system, and it shows.
Pros
get experience to get a better job.
Cons
compensation is not up to market rates.
great place to work
Staff RN ED (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2018
Many psych patients and lower income clientele make this a great place to learn emergency nursing. They hire new graduate nurses for Critical care positions.
Excellent Production
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 9, 2018
People are very friendly and courteous to those around them and to those in other departments. Friendly Customer Service to others, as orders are filled in a timely fashion.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
Work load can be big at times, but it is still managable.
Productive place to work with a relaxed work setting
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2018
The hardest part of the job at St. Luke's Medical Center is dealing with some of the patients. Half of the patients there have either a mental illness or are dealing with a drug addiction and it takes a while to get used to that type of workplace. I enjoy my job very much at St. Luke's, I look forward to going to my job every day. I enjoy talking to the patients and connecting with them because I'm able to help them with their problems if they need it, like an ear to listen to them.
Pros
communicating workers
Cons
healthcare
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID 83701April 13, 2018
It was a pleasure working there. Lots of team work. Learned a lot from Preceptor when I was hired on. Was always able to work the hours I wanted. Especially learned good team work is the key to get work done and have good patient care. Hardest part of job when we were short handed, then we had to do double the work, but with the good team work, it usually went well. The most enjoyable was working with the infants and new moms. Teaching new parents about the care of their new addition to the family.
Pros
excellent help when needed.
Cons
Sometimes could not take a lunch break
competitive
ASSISTANT CLINICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 13, 2018
Working in St. Luke's is a great opportunity. I was able to learned more things particularly in the line of nursing world. I've learned many things, such as providing and handling properly a client needs.
Pros
exposure into real nursing world
Fast pasted and enjoyable
EMT/unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 3, 2018
Being the the emergency room it is always fast pasted and the teamwork made it enjoyable. The charge nurses were amazing and helped when ever needed. Other employees were always willing to switch shifts if needed.
Drug Detox and Psychiatric Unit
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2018
The job at St. Luke's was challenging because I worked with acute psychiatric clientele who also suffered with chemical dependency. However, the opportunities to affect others lives and teach them how to rebuild their lives was the most awesome experience I have had.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Hours
Great people
PATIENT RELATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2018
St. Luke's is filled with great medical professionals from various backgrounds. Although the facility is older, St. Luke's is investing in cutting edge technology to help compete with other organizations in the valley.
Ok
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2018
we had to do work furlow when it was slow and take time off either without pay or use vacation. It was hard to move around within the company and the director micro-managed. I like my direct manager though.
Pros
I liked my manager and we had really good and inexpensive insurance.
Cons
It was hard to move around within the company and the director micro-managed.
Observer Volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2018
I've trained and learned a lot with the occupational and physical therapists. Very friendly and respected department. i will love to work with them again & will recommend everyone to work with this medical center.
Great place to gain experience
Sr. Clinical Systems Analyst / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionDecember 25, 2017
IT is not the major priority of the company thus compensation, resources and opportunity are limited. Excessive working hours required as hospital runs 24 hours with few IT resource
A great place to work.
CNA/HUC (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 20, 2017
Working with my co-workers/Patients at St. Lukes has always been a pleasure. Being there to help someone who is sick, or just having a conversation with them is more benifitial them you know it.

My Co-workers are great. Always there to lend a helping had, they can brighten your day if need be
Pros
great team work
Excellent employer
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 20, 2017
Excellent employer. Great teamwork, great management. Can't say enough positive things about the great work environment. They hire great people. Their emergency department is the best in the city.