St. Margaret's School Employee Reviews

4.3Job Security & Advancement
Loved the work and my Team
Class Agent (Current Employee) –  Tappahannock, VAMarch 28, 2017
St. Margaret's is an all-girl boarding school in rural Virginia - it is a lovely setting. I loved the marketing and creative aspects of the job; however, in addition to my office duties I also lived in the dorm so was essentially 50 teen girls "mom" during the night. I did not care for that. But, I loved working with a cohesive team during my "day job."
Pros
Great boss, friendly professionals, free housing, healthcare
Cons
24 hr job
Changing Girl's Lives
Admissions (Current Employee) –  Richmond AreaDecember 23, 2013
Work changes on a daily basis - from traveling to recruit students to hosting open house overnights - and there is never a dull moment. Being split between admission and marketing afforded me the opportunity to learn a great deal about psychographics and how to engage with your desired target. The admission side of my job strengthened my interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate and sustain relationships.

My admission and marketing colleagues are amazing, and I love coming into work in the morning because the mood is light and humorous, but focused and driven at the same time.

I've seen firsthand the graduates of SMS - they are driven, confidents, and motivated young women - which makes "selling" the school very easy.
Pros
free housing, great benefits
Cons
working weekends and nights