St. Mary's Regional Medical Center Lewiston Maine

St. Mary's Regional Medical Center Lewiston Maine Employee Reviews

Very poor management, they have no clue what they are doing
Call center clerk (Current Employee) –  LewistonDecember 11, 2018
I have been working there for 6 months. The work is nice, but it is never enough. Also, they push you to use your Earned Time off, but when you do, they write you up for it. I gave them a two week notice that I had to have a back procedure done and would need two days off. I had plenty of earned time to cover it. Was told no, reschedule it for next February. Really, my doctor says I need it done now. So I pushed back and went to HR to see what I could do. They allowed me to take 2 days off a little later, but then wrote me up for it. Come on, two week notice should be enough for 2 days off, without being written up for it. No compassion on managements part. If you don't use your earned time off they yell at you. But when you do you it, they write you up. What a joke this place is.
Pros
Cons
management, personnel
Helping the end user was very satisfying
Centricity Support Specialist / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEDecember 11, 2018
I worked with a variety of end-users helping to make the EMR a better system for them and for our patients. Opportunity to expand our knowledge of the system was always available.
Pros
Working within the EMR system was satisfying
Cons
Continuing education was not always available
St. Mary's Hospital
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEOctober 8, 2018
Being a CNA is a great job. It's very rewarding. I got to meet and take care of a lot of beautiful people. I did charting, filled linen carts, took vitals.
Pros
Met some really nice people
Cons
Didn't get to spend enough time with each patient I had, if at all.
benifits, pay and equipment oor
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEAugust 24, 2018
staff very nice to work with however not very open to new ideas. equipment was very dated. Staffing always poor. Benefits and pay very poor for a professional job.
Worst management ever
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEAugust 15, 2018
Terrible management, terrible employee recognition, all burn out employees, extremely understaffed with no relief or thanks, very under paid. Would never work here again
Employees
EAP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, ME 04240July 20, 2018
I was very happy with my employment with St. Mary's. As I progressed in employment and into management, I was outing in up to or over 60 hours a week and remained on salary of 40 hours a week. When someone else employment, they would not re-hire for that position which left more responsibility on the manager.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
working hours for salary people
I love what I do
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJuly 11, 2018
St. Mary's Regional Medical Center cares about their employees and their patients. I don't have an option to work full time with them, so I unfortunately can not earn any vacation time or any other benefits, but I love what I do and fully intend to keep doing it.
Pros
Good working atmosphere
Cons
No benefits for "per-diem" employees, even if they work full-time hours
Misleading and discriminatory reasons
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJuly 2, 2018
I worked for the Community Health Services through St. Mary's for 7 months and was never treated so poorly. I came on board and worked an unbalanced work schedule for months only to be "let go" one Friday afternoon. I wasn't given any reasons for my dismissal. Be prepared to work alone with a full waiting room of scheduled and unscheduled patients who want to be seen and an ever-ringing telephone that you will be expected to answer as well.
Pros
Temporary employment
Cons
No breaks, supervisors who lie, angry patients, angry coworkers
Its a great group of people
MLT (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJune 24, 2018
Its a great group of people to work with. The staff works well as team players. Time accrual for vacations is great. Insurance packages not bad either. They continously try to evaluate benefits.
You do not want to work here, or be a patient here
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJune 17, 2018
You do not want to work here, trust me. More importantly you do not want to bring your loved ones to this hospital. A very large percentage of the clinicians are terrible, from doctors to nurses. These people continue to condone dangerous patient care and have no interest in improving. Your health is at greater risk by walking in the door. I would not trust these people with a hang nail. The sign says "chest pain center" yet they are not equipped with the knowledge or equipment to actually help you. I worked there for 4 years and saw patients die that should not have. The hospital does not hold the physicians, or anyone else accountable for their actions. The complacency is truly frightening.
Poor Management
RN Behavioral (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJune 13, 2018
Poor Management and work ethic in some areas. Hippa violations, male dominated. HR does not listen to employees rather just sticks with management despite blatant violations of safety, ethics and policy..
a great place to grow
Orthopedic/pediatric staff RN (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJune 8, 2018
this hospital is a great place for new and experienced nurses to grow both professionally and personally. there is a great sense of good team work and support
mtm
Intern Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEMay 18, 2018
it was great company because i had the opportunity to work with alot of medical doctors , nursing practitioners and other medical professionals. It was more of team work .
Real answers
Call Center Patient Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEApril 18, 2018
When I first started at St. Mary's I felt this was a job that I could excel at and want to be at. As time went on, I was hit with the realization that there was no room for advancement and management did not know how to actually manage people. They treated staff like kids. People were and are always nervous to call out or have to leave due to getting the 3rd degree.
Wonderful
2nd Line Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, ME 04240April 11, 2018
I enjoyed working there very much. Great atmosphere, great leadership. The employees were a lot of fun to work with, We were all like family and were treated the same.
Try not to work nights
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEApril 8, 2018
If youre really looking for a day position but you get hired on nights just to be there for a little bit and advance, think again. No advancement, just stay in the job you originally applied for.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No advancement
Loved working at St. Mary's
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEApril 2, 2018
Was able to work independently and work/family balance was a priority. Boss was very understanding and let me work at my own pace but there if I needed him.
Accountability and Fact Finding Deficient
team lead (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJanuary 25, 2018
The organization is good, the benefits are not as good as they could be. Although the organization promotes from within, too often, the advancements are based on being part of the in crowd. There is not extensive review of accusations and finger pointing fact finding done before some directors decide to take "gossip" at face value and hand down disciplinary action.
Pros
Great providers
Cons
Healthcare and Holidays off
Poorly managed eclusive work enviroment
Office Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJanuary 2, 2018
HR is poorly managed at this company. My direct supervisor was great to work with but anything above him was absolutely horrendous. This job does offer great benefits for health insurance but greatly underpays employees across the board
Pros
Health, Vision and dental
excellent
Health Risk Screener (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEDecember 31, 2017
This job is rewarding to help others with screenings of their health to help them notice any changes in their health. Being able to test levels such as glucose, triglycerides, cholesterol with a simple blood sample is an easy and quick way to determine ones state of health.
Pros
helping others
Cons
not a lot of screenings to be full time