St. Mary's of Michigan Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIApril 5, 2018
Limited opportunities for career advancement. Great co workers and good benefits. The work Weight Watcher program was excellent. Very diverse work place.
Pros
great people
Cons
short lunch breaks
Great Opportunities
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 24, 2018
Great opportunities with a familial atmosphere. Patient care and safety is of highest importance. Benefits are offered for part time and full time employees.
Good Place to work
Surgery Buyer (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 11, 2018
Surgical Supply Specialist, inventory/ordering 1st and 3rd floor surgery. Represented the prestigious image of this company in a high profile position requiring public contact with clients in the medical field as well as other various duties. Entrusted with personal office and handling confidential material. Operated multi-line phone system, routing calls appropriately and, relaying messages which saved manager time by screening and handling unnecessary calls. Reorganized supplies to run more efficiently and maintained an inventory and par level of over 11,000 single use items for distribution. Took initiative to update and maintain inventory daily, processed invoices for patient billing. Provided support to the Sterile Processing Department as needed.
friendly people
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesaning, MIFebruary 5, 2018
I am supposed to work on PCMH but haven't had the proper training to be able to do the job.
I do like being able to work with the patients but I would like to start the a career in coding or something similar.
Pros
rep lunches
Easy going environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 22, 2018
I love my job work place is relaxing. Everybody gets along with one another. If you ever need help it’s there. I have a great boss. She treats and talks to you as a person
Great learning experience
Critical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 19, 2018
I learned a lot about patient care by working in a hospital environment. The management depends on the floor you work. I enjoy the hospital environment.
okay
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 3, 2017
This is an okay place to work. I have been here for many years and have seen a lot of changes. Some of the changesx have been good and some of them I did not agree with as in any place that you will work.
Productive and fun workplace
Registered Dietitian/Manager (Current Employee) –  Standish, MINovember 15, 2017
St. Mary's has a very friendly culture and is a warm working environment for anyone they employ. The people that work here are very dependable and knowledgeable, and always willing to help.
Great place for advancement
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 7, 2017
St. Mary's is a descent place to work. The work environment is pleasant, easy going and management is great to work with. I started working with St. Mary's when I was 17 and I've advanced throughout the years.
Kind staff, always learning new things.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 11, 2017
I enjoy working for St. Mary's, friendly staff, lots of overtime available, pay is not the greatest compared to surrounding hospitals, good benefits, high employee turnover.
Pros
Friendly Work Environment
Cons
High patient to nurse ratio at times, new physicians not always good for continuity of care
Fast pace office job
Front Desk Specialists (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIOctober 6, 2017
Check in patients, take co-pays, etc. A typical day would consist of about 25 patients so you must be on your toes. I loved being around all of the staff, doctors, and even patience. I worked four 10 hr shifts and had 3 days off every week, major bonus!
ok
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 30, 2017
the co-worker on certain floors are ignorant and terrible at being preceptors. I did love taking care of my patients. I did learn some new things at the hospital which I loved.
Pros
Cons
ignorant co-workers
Currently going thru a transition
RN (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 21, 2017
Understaffed. Not all tools are available for every floor. Need updated equipment. When dealing with physician, cultures play a huge role. Management is lacking.
Appreciation was lacking
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  800 South WashingtonJuly 25, 2017
To a beginner in the field it would be a great starter hospital but I do not recommend staying for long as raises wages and compensations are close to non existent
Nice place to work
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 17, 2017
Enjoy working with patients and customers, I learned how to cook very well. And it feels good to make customers happy. The management is very nice. A typical day at work learning recipes and cooking for others.
First nursing position, great company and great co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 29, 2017
I worked I the ED as well as cardiac units. My days were very busy assessing patients, completing pre-surgical and post-surgical assessments and procedures, as well as passing meds and given various injections and staring IVs.

The culture was one of teamwork, honesty, and respect (for patients and workers).

The best part of the job as being able to do so many hands on nursing skill sin the ED. The worst part of the job would be seeing young patients come in with gun shots wounds or come in the ED after a car accident, etc.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Cannot think of any off hand
Maintenance
Maintenance/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Standish, MIMarch 11, 2017
Loved working for this company, they take pride in treating their employees well. Many family functions that everyone is invited to. Great benefits and friendly people.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bad pay
fun
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 15, 2016
A typical day was getting medications passed and breakfast ready for the residents. Very family oriented environment. Management was great.
Really great group of people
Radiologic Technologist/Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 9, 2016
Unfortunately due to downsizing, I lost my job of sixteen years with St. Mary's. Due to the economy, job security is non existent. Management is lame duck but very nice people to work with. Miss them and my patients.
Decent pay
ENVIROMENTAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 21, 2016
Decent pay but not organized with management. Benefits are way to high in price for not covering everything. Because of being employed by contractor rather than St. Mary's themselves. Very different between companies.