St. Michael's Harbour Employee Reviews

Love Social Work, Not fond of being used
Trainer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAAugust 21, 2019
Crazy schedule, always call offs, would get calls at 7am on weekends to come in when I was already working that afternoon, no one wants to work with or alternate schedules (i.e. working with one individual Fri-Sun from 3-11) no benefits, even after being told they were looking into, below average salary, pays were always off (overtime was always missing) and mileage never added up, plus front office would fight with you about it, if it’s a holiday or weekend when you get paid, hope you have money saved!
A place that helps others.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, PAJune 7, 2019
It has been a wonderful experience working here in the Franklin office. Our staff genuinely care about the people we serve. I have had no issues with management, they are wonderful people and easy to talk to. It is a fast paced environment but the culture is understanding and everyone does their part to pitch in when needed. It is a wonderful job if you are passionate about helping others.
Pros
hoildays, full time, benefits, networking, community participation, pay
Cons
salary job, twice a month pay.
Pre-Employment Transition Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 3, 2019
Enjoyed my time here. A very good place to work. Great coworkers and just a great environment to be involved with. Loved what I did to help my community.
It isn't easy but it is not overwhelming.
Trainer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAMay 3, 2019
The company is small but growing steadily. I am aware there are three branches. One in Hermitage, PA, one in Franklin, PA and one in Erie, PA. I worked in the Hermitage branch. During my employment there was a high turn over rate in management, but it seems there are some really wonderful caring humans that work there now. There are managers in each location, all with different personalities and competencies. The culture at St. Mike's is very relaxed, the office is fun, but the work is difficult. I worked with individuals living with disabilities. Helped them find jobs, learn how to do their job, and in some instances I was the person that took them out into their community and taught them how to socialize. Some of the participants are very sweet and fun to be around. Some of the participants are a little more difficult and show behaviors that are harder to contend with. I really felt supported by the administration, I felt heard and understood! There was a lot of paperwork, but let's be honest- we are working with other humans. I only left this job for other opportunities. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the opportunity to help people! I learned so much from the people I worked with and for!
Pros
Relaxed environment, fun most days, positive growth
Cons
social work doesn't pay much, no paid days off or benefits
poor work environment
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 29, 2018
It was a shady place to work. No direct deposit- sometimes ripped you off hours. Argued about getting assignments and pay. Poor management- incompetent managers who have no clue. Not non-profit but for profit- they actually make money but pay staff $12! Pathetic
Pros
flexiability
Cons
poor pay, no incentives, incompetent management
Official response from St. Michael's Harbour
August 16, 2019

Thank you for you efforts and sorry for your poor experience. Clearly, working with disabled individuals can be challenging, but also a very rewarding experience. Wish you the best in your future endeavours. St. Michael's Harbour Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Michael's Harbour. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Michael's Harbour Reviews by Location