St. Michael's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Medical Assistant and Phlebotomist
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 23, 2018
My typical day been on time following my job duties as a medical assistant. Running the entire Doctor Office for 5 months by myself and the Doctor filing, billing, registering the patients, scheduling
appointments, triage the patients, authorization, booking patients for the OR, drawing blood and help the doctor in procedure if needed. Also maintaining a clean environment .
Pros
Goig
Cohesive workplace culture
Staff Nurse CRR/ Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 29, 2018
Working in the Open Heart Unit was pleasurable. The environment fostered supportive growth and development and the Nurse Manager was knowledgeable and understanding. There was a coming together to help easy the strain, if a staff member became overburdened with duties.
Exciting Place To Work
Housekeeping - Task of 7 (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 17, 2018
Learn New Exciting Things. You Will Get Plenty Of Hours, Nice Staff To Work With.Management Very Nice And Willing To Help At Any Time Of Need. Pay Is reasonate.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Short Breaks
Great place for patients not so much for employees
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 7, 2018
St. Michael's is great hospital for patients. The staff is dedicated to the patients and we go above and beyond the call of duty. The employees are not paid well.
Pros
Great collaboration with the staff to care for the patients.
Cons
30 minute lunch, work though lunch no pay, low wages.
Great opportunity
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 9, 2018
I enjoyed working at the hospital. Unfortunately it was only a part time job and there wasn't at the time much room for advancement. But I did enjoy my time there and did learn a lot.
Pros
Great for experience and to learn a lot
Cons
it was only a part time position so not much room to move up
Leadership worked together with IT
Director Network Services (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 4, 2017
Leadership worked together with Information Technology on keeping hospital on top of today's technology, making work for all users to keep on top of technology.
Pros
Able to implement new technology with help of leadership.
Cons
Fear of closing
Enjoyed helping others
Chef (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 20, 2017
Again all my jobs have taught me something that has allowed to add to my experience of cooking and dealing with people.I am grateful for every job i held.
Very stressful environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 27, 2017
Working at St Michael's is your typical day at any hospital and you have your good days and your bad days. A good day is when everyone put forth team effort.
Pros
Personal Days off
very clean hospital, patient gets out in timely fashion, doctors and nurses care about the patients
Supervisor of Admitting (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 25, 2017
family oriented, very clean place to work. Staff really cares about the patients, ER tries to get patients out in a timely fashion. Productive, and very efficient.
Pros
St
St. Michael's
Emergency Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 14, 2017
This is a dangerous place to get treatment. The staff is self serving and does not think of the patient first. The management is the same. I guess it comes from the top.
Pros
Cannot think of any
Cons
Staff and management
Fun and energetic place
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 18, 2017
Great hospital but the staff needs to be trained more. Too many people that are comfortable in their positions and do not give their 100 percent.
Overall, nice work place.
Pros
Energetic
Cons
Cafeteria doesn't have enough healthy choices
Review of Front Desk Position
Health Care Access Clerk (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 5, 2017
Busy work culture, but a good team. Hardest part of job when doctor had to go to hospital for delivery, had to use customer service skills when interacting and troubleshooting with customer situations.
Overall I enjoyed working at St. Michael Medical Center.
Staff Nurse /Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 28, 2017
It was always a busy day working at St. Michael, with daily nursing rounds with doctors,case manager, social workers etc.We worked as a team so patient daily care finished at end of shift. I have learned many things at St. Michael Medical Center, for example improving patients quality care, I enjoyed attending their in-service, courses they provided, and their yearly competencies. The hardest part of the job was when there was inadequate staffing.The most enjoyable part of the job was patient satisfaction,seeing them recovered and discharged home.
Fun and interesting place to work at
Material's Handler (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 12, 2015
As I wake up bright and early to begin my day at St. Michael's only one thing crosses my mind and that's to be productive. The sun hits my face, I stretch, look in the mirror and prepare myself for an eventful day. Working in the medical field has its pros just as well as it has it's cons but overall I'm happy to work with such brilliant minds and ambitious people who look to better themselves. All smiles as I perform my duties in a very uplifting environment where you meet numerous personalities and faces. The hardest part of the job? Well I can't really say there is a hard part. I'm trained in my line of duty so I take it a day at a time. The most enjoyable part is everything which sounds typical but true. I love it and I know my career is only going up from this point on.
Pros
Employee appreciation day
Great Job
Get the patient's chart from the nurse (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 30, 2015
St. Michael's Medical Center is the ideal hospital, you would want to work at. Everybody that works there cares about the patients.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 21, 2015
I met great people at this job from co-workers to patients.
The only issue is security of the hospital alot of rumors that the place is closing.
Ok
Phlebotomy Trainee (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 30, 2015
It was the second part of my required phlebotomy program. The hours were good.Parking cost $1.50 per day for employees.
Great coworkers
HCA Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 27, 2015
Good work environment, multiple shifts available, 1 hour lunch, great management, great learning opportunities, supervisors listen well to any issues, great cafeteria, provides excellent healthcare to patients.
Poor Manangement skills
Healthcare Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 16, 2015
I would never bring come here or bring any family members here to be treated with a life threatening illness. Poor management by the clinical and administrative staff. No room for advancement. Employees are not appreciated and there is no sense of loyalty in this place. If your coming to get experience in a hospital setting so you can move on to bigger and better things be my guest but don't come unless you plan on getting stuck in a dead end job. The women are catty and they worry about what you have and who your sleeping with instead of working. Its no wonder their closing.
Great experience in patient care
HCA Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 9, 2014
i do not wish to review the company for personal and professional reasons.