St. Moritz Security Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

First job ,dangerous site
IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE.... (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 16, 2018
Supervisor was ok,but I was immediately drafted to a site that was an inner city site...was informed it was easy. Not interested in easy...just me. Was also a dangerous site. Even though I will be out of work...i quit before I started. Not worth risking my life...
Couldn't leave for family emergencies
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 14, 2018
I've had a few incidents where I needed to ask to have time off due to personal emergencies and I was not allowed to leave my site because I was the only person that was "authorized" to work at the site I was assigned to. I applied to have direct deposits placed in my account and every single check I've gotten was a paper check instead of direct deposit. My check was also being mailed to a city that was well over an hour away from where I live, so I had to wait until the weekend to receive my check when everybody else already had theirs on time.
Pros
Overtime is okay
Cons
Lack of time off for emergencies/personal issues, lack of communcation.
Madness
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  NevadaSeptember 13, 2018
They arent trying to be competative. They will give you overtime all day. They dont pay high enough for the sites that we are place in. The conpany will continue to have a high turn over because the owner is a cheap.
Pros
Overtime when you want it
Cons
No paid time off. Low wages and empty promises by managment.
Good jab lack of advancement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 4, 2018
the job was an overall good jib but at times there were more things needed to be great. the scheduel was okay but i worked more than 14hr per day 7 days a week and there was no time for family
na
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 29, 2018
i dont want to work for st. morritz again. it did pay nice but it just wasnt a job that was for me. it security. you have to standn on your feet for 9 hours a day.
Stm
Worked Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jefferson Hills, PAAugust 8, 2018
The company itself was not the issue. It was more so the people at the site I was assigned to. They were extremely disrespectful and none of the site managers cared to listen
good company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 6, 2018
good employees. good pay for employees. good benefits, good sites. environment can be better, good clients, honest people, loving and caring employees.
Good place to start
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 2, 2018
Good for a starting point only. Not meant for those looking for advancement opportunity. Teaches only the minimum or fundamental skills. No benefits, little room for advancement
Slow-paced
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 19, 2018
Work began with opening store with manager, few staff, and cleaning crew. Officer observes staff begin store setup. A select time, doors are open for the rest of the officers and staff. After setup, officers conduct product inventory. Once inventory is complete, officers ensure store is ready to open for business. Workplace culture in slow-paced. Officers and staff rarely communicate. Nothing was hard about the job. The enjoyable aspect, was knowing that staff felt safe.
Very loyal workforce
Regional Director, Mid- Atlantic Region (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2018
Very loyal workforce of longtime management. Most upper management people have work there 10-30 years. Very hard accomplishment in this type of business.
The job was okay
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2018
The job itself was okay it was just how much I was getting paid. The amount I was getting wasn’t enough to support me for a living. My checks would always come in late and I got relocated from my full time position at the dmv because I got attacked from a anonymous group. Because of that situation that move caused me to even get paid less than what I was getting paid before causing me to resign.
Pros
Full time
Cons
Check coming in late and pay rate
Hotel work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 13, 2018
The location i worked was mostly slow and had a high turn over rate. the patrol vehicles all needed replaced and some had damage that was supposed to be fixed but wasn't even though money was taken out of peoples checks to fix.
Good pay relaxed environment
Asset Protection Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 12, 2018
I've been working for St. Moritz a year and can honestly say that I have never had a bad day at work.
We are given some of the best work perks to make your day as easy as possible.
I will also say that since I've been here, anyone that has lost their job definitely worked hard at losing it!
I work in Pittsburgh under the Uber contract and Uber definitely pampers us!
Free meals, parking and uniform cleaning. Basically all you have to do is show up and do your job.
Supervisors are a phone call away and you can also always get in touch with with the Security Manager anytime for any reason.
All the training is free in fact St. Moritz paid over $3000.00 for my online Security Manager course for free! I can take that to any company!
All in all St. Moritz in Pittsburgh is a pretty good company to work for.
Pros
Free training, meals, parking and uniform cleaning. Good pay.
Cons
Health care and vacation time could be better
Poor Supervison
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 11, 2018
The supervisors for the company lacked organization and scheduling, they couldn't provide proper breaking or coverage. Always understaffed but this was good since it lead to overtime. No weekends days off and most schedules not a full eight hours a day unless working a double shift.
Pros
None really
Cons
Scheduling and management
Bad Management
Security Guard (Unarmed) (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 7, 2018
Management did not care much about his workers. They did up the wages finally to 15 an hour which makes up for the bad workplace culture. The best part about this job is the job placement, you could be placed anywhere within a few blocks.
Pros
Very clean
Cons
Bad management
Customer Service
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2018
This organization was very big on customer service, and ensuring the clients they provided service to was beyond satisfied. I enjoyed working with this organization and would refer others to join their team.
Poorly
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJune 2, 2018
Management do not know how to speak with others, the sites are dangerous and life threatening, they start at a low pay rate, you will fight all the time.
Pros
None.
Cons
Wear a bullet proof vest.
big scam
supervisor (Former Employee) –  dallas texasMay 30, 2018
this is then worse company you could ever work for they will cut your hours for no reason and the wont pay you back, stay away from this company, management is unprofessional at all, NO PAID TIME OFF, NO VACATION, NO HEALTH INSURANCE its all lies
Pros
nothing is good about it!
Cons
work for 80 hours they will only pay for 40-50
Security Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2018
Provide security services too individual contractors, merchants, store, and clients, such as DTLR, Auto Zone, & TMobile stores too provide security, I was armed when I was with this company but they do have some unarmed sites as well you mostly stand at all assigned posts.
Its was an ok job
Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2018
It was an ok job, the hours were a bit all over the place, but the pay was good and at least I had hours given. My checks were always on time and usually correct.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Moritz Security Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about