St. Olaf College Employee Reviews

Not great
SCIENCE LIBRARY WORKER (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJune 4, 2018
I don't recommend working here. It's nice if you're a student and you need to fill time, but the school is awful. The administration is only interested in money and fires decent teachers constantly. They'll do anything to cut costs and the students suffer.
Great
Dispatch Officer (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNMay 13, 2018
I would come in and answer any calls that would come in then figure out what to do from there. I would take care of anyting from parking permits to other campus issues
Meh
Manager (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNMay 11, 2018
Basically they want you to stay in your lane and not innovate in ways that make anyone uncomfortable. And the faculty are gods who should not be crossed in any way.
A good place to fulfill work studies.
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNMarch 1, 2018
As a student, the scheduling of hours is very conducive for those seeking to balance school and work. In my own experience, I did not work much more than 4-6 hours a week, but others have been known to work up to 8.
Professional organizzation.
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Norhfield, MNJanuary 10, 2018
Very professional place to work. I was a contract employee under a 3 to 4 month period. I was the HR Recruiter for both professional and non professional staff.
Pros
Excellent working environment.
Cons
Travel distancce was 45 minutes.
St. Olaf College
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNNovember 2, 2017
Very collaborative, supporting team who are there to help whenever possible. Fast-paced, never a dull moment. Constant drive to succeed and advance services.
Best place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNOctober 28, 2017
They pay extremely well for custodial positions. Aside from weekends, this job was pretty laidback. If you don't mind cleaning a few toilets, this job is perfect for saving up some money. They have really good benefits and take very good care of their employees.
Pros
Work independently, great pay, excellent benefits
Cons
Too many intoxicated kids on the weekends
Camps keep you busy but are very rewarding
Theater Camp Instructor/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNAugust 29, 2017
My most recent position at St. Olaf College was as a summer camp counselor/instructor. Having attended school there for the previous four years and having worked under the camp director in a different position, I knew this job would ask a lot of me but be rewarding in the end. We would typically have 10 hours of activities for the campers on a daily basis, with 2 hours of social time in the evenings. Counselors would be available during social hours to address any issues/circumstances that arose with campers. Overall, I had a great experience and would not hesitate to return to this position in the following year, if possible.
WorkStudy
Performance Librarian (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNAugust 20, 2017
A good place to have a workstudy Job, if you have time! Just about any opportunity here is bound to work in your favor, but it can get busy very quickly.
Productive and rewarding place to work for.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNMay 6, 2017
The job was always rewarding. Working with the students to help them both mentally and financially was really fun and enjoyable. Our department also worked very closely with a couple other departments and there was always a team effort.
Pros
Team building lunches and meetings.
Cons
Pay was a little on the low side.
Organized office space with 4-8 people working at a time
Student Development Officer (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNApril 17, 2017
Great fun space, calling alumni for a total time of 3 hours for each shift. Food and drinks always available, Conversations are fun and interesting. Good people too.
Student work job
Office Worker, Alumni and Parent Relations (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNApril 6, 2017
I worked for this organization while attending college and always had enough work. The organization did a great job accommodating my school schedule and allowed me to work as much or as little as I desired. The fellow employees were great to work with as they truly cared about each person working for them.
good place to work
Library Circulation Worker (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNApril 2, 2017
Staff are friendly and work with you. There is some office politics but the atmosphere is exciting and full of life. Students are smart and engaged. The building is also beautiful.
Liberal Arts College with a supportive staff and faculty.
Administrative Assistant, Exercise Science (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJanuary 30, 2017
Students that enroll at St. Olaf College are sure to receive a high academic course load. The study abroad program is excellent and a fantastic experience for the students.
Best in class for highly integrated and top notch operations and training
Operating Engineer (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNJanuary 9, 2017
I have worked for St Olaf for 11years this I hands down the greatest operational facilities program you'll ever be a part of with the knowledge of the Chief Engineer and the experience in the ever changing automations, controls and functions of any boiler plant I have ever experienced. Let me tell you I've seen many. Good luck!
Very Good Step-by-Step Instruction
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJanuary 4, 2017
This was actually not a job, it was a class offered at St. Olaf College. Nevertheless, it was a fun experience and I learned a lot from it.
Proud institution of higher learning
Recreation, Exercise Science, Athletics Employee (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNDecember 14, 2016
Culture of company is a little passive-aggressive.
Generally friendly work force. Non-faculty employees are fantastic.
Beautiful work setting - you will never grow tired of the views driving onto campus.
Usually offer an increase in compensation with each year of service.
Type of place that you can get comfortable - if you don't screw up, you can work there for a long time.
Productive and educative work place
Public Safety Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNSeptember 28, 2016
A typical day at my work place is mainly characterized by enthusiastic personal interactions with customers and co-workers. Self driven and highly motivated
Pros
Good working team
Cons
Heavy schedule
School with great professors and great friends
History Department Student Worker, Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNAugust 30, 2016
St. Olaf College was a great place. I was given the opportunity to learn from some of the best professors and make great friendships. I was lucky enough to study abroad twice and I learned a lot from those experiences. I am excited to take what I learned at St. Olaf and apply it to the workplace.
Please ignore this summary
Student Government Senator (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNAugust 26, 2016
As a student, I was challenged every day by my peers and professors in a rigorous academic environment which helped me develop some of the essential skills I possess today.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Too cold