St. Olaf College Management reviews

Not great
SCIENCE LIBRARY WORKER (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJune 4, 2018
I don't recommend working here. It's nice if you're a student and you need to fill time, but the school is awful. The administration is only interested in money and fires decent teachers constantly. They'll do anything to cut costs and the students suffer.
Naivete can be fatal...
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNNovember 22, 2014
If one is from a parochial and homogeneous culture in the upper Midwest, then this is the institution for you. While its self image is one that is open and welcome, survival is dependent on conformity to the status quo. This is not a particularly progressive or innovative academic culture. They are resistant to change. Moreover, they do not tolerate experiences or expressions orthogonal to their insular Scandinavian/Lutheran identity.
Pros
salary
Cons
location, culture, lack of real tolerance, averse to anything that discloses their failings, particularly those that are intellectual, ethical, or political.
Great environment for a student workder
Music Library Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJune 6, 2012
As a Music Library Receptionist, I checked materials in and out of the library for use by students, professors, and people from the local community. I also cataloged all of the materials currently in the Music Library's system and created an excel spreadsheet for all donated materials that were given to St. Olaf.

My co-workers were fellow students, so they were always helpful and nice to work with. The management was just as pleasant to work with. Despite only working in the Library for a little over a year, I created strong bonds with the Head Librarian and the other Library Associates.

The hardest part of the job was working for more than two hours at a time because I would always force myself to work on homework while sitting at the desk. Sometimes I would run out of work to do and would become bored. Besides these few moments of boredom, the Music Library was such a fun environment to work in. Not only were the people that studied there boisterous and interesting, but I knew many of them. So I rarely had a boring day while at work.
Pros
great community of people, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
sometimes had long hours, uncomfortable stool used for the front desk