St. Paul's Episcopal Church Employee Reviews

Laid back work environment
Early Learning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 12, 2019
Laid back work environment with lots of resources and access to management if needed. Management was clear with communication and supportive of employees.
Very exciting place
Professional Chorister (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 8, 2019
Fast-paced reading of music, learned lots of masses and music of all types of languages and denominations. Love collaborating with other high-quality musicians
Loved this job
Director of Music Ministry (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJanuary 24, 2019
St. Paul's has been the ultimate of part-time church positions. I have been given autonomy to conduct, compose, arrange, and implement my program based on my personal and professional skills. The only tough part of the position is not being a full-time one, necessitating my finding half-time work elsewhere.
Pros
great management and leadership
Cons
not enough hours to do what I'd like to pursue
Not too difficult
Nursery Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CADecember 21, 2018
There were some days when I had to watch over no one. Never too crowded. Able to do homework while you were waiting for kids to arrive. Only had to be there 2 hours at the most.
Pros
Not very stressful.
Cons
Worked maybe 2 Sundays a month.
Secretary
Parish Secretary/Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 23, 2018
Good part-time job allowing me the time I needed to care for my mother. Good atmosphere and wonderful experience. Need to be detailed oriented and able to work with all persons affiliated with the organization.
Good place to work but low salary
Coordinator Best Practices for Medical Missions (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Churches are currently unable to meet the salary requirements of qualified individuals due to a decreasing attendance in churches and therefore decreased giving to fund church activities
Pros
beautiful workplace
Cons
some tensions among staff
I loved volunteering here
Business Analyst/Web Master (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 14, 2018
I love volunteering here. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. You can set your own hours and at the same time feel as if you are helping the church. It is a very fulfilling experience.
St. Paul's has a small staff of paid employees. I think it has changed since I worked there severl years ago.
cannot disclose (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 5, 2018
I worked at St. Paul's for only a few years. It was my first time as an employee for a not for profit organization. We all worked hard, but also had some good laughs along the way.
Pros
Caring environment
Cons
Too much work
Philanthropic enivironment fulfilling personal goals
Parish Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 25, 2018
The position of Parish Administrator is personally fulfilling and challenging. Every day is different with new challenges and responsibilities. Personal exchanges are rewarding and the fulfillment of community service is satisfying.
here is a quick review
Sexton (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2018
You'll be doing a lot more work than what you dont expect about working at a church. You also have to find things that need to be clean yourself. You also have to close a Niche. pulling weeds. closing locking up building turning on lights. painting rooms areas that need to be painted.
Great schedule, great people
Parish Administrator (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 15, 2018
Typical day involves handling daily communications, preparing for church services, and organizing church schedule.The work pace is great, life work balance.
Great place to work at
Musician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 18, 2018
St. Paul's was great place to work at, and people are extremely nice. Great support system, and wonderful music program. But, the salary was way below the duties and responsibilities imposed.
Loved working here
Children's Ministry (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCApril 16, 2018
The staff is awesome and really make it feel like a family. They helped assist the college students working there with anything they might need, which was really helpful not being from the area.
Office Volunteer
Office Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 5, 2018
I worked in a Volunteer position for a Church so I was not paid for the work I preformed. The people were fun and got along. Great people to work with.
Very busy office with great staff
Parish Secretary (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Have to prioritize your work as many things going to printing and online deadline at once; many interruptions with phone calls and answering door and assisting parishioners and clergy; keeping up with specifications for Diocese regulations; contacting people for information for publications; keep supplies ordered and workroom in order and keep copier in good running shape. There is a lot to learn and a lot of constant changes to keep up with. The staff was very adept as to the workings of the church when I went to work there, and a great group of people to work with. When clergy changes there are more changes to adapt to. Enjoyed what I did after I learned most of it and felt pride in doing my job.
Pros
Good benefits, great staff.
Cons
Trying to please everyone.
Great Community of People
Nursery Staff (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 28, 2018
St. Paul's Episcopal Church is a forward-thinking, inclusive religious institution. Even being a part-time employee, I became a part of their community and have received a lot of personal support. The position I hold (Nursery Staff) is flexible and fairly paid, and my supervisors are dependable and understanding.
Children's Ministry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 11, 2018
Great for building community and strengthening spiritual life

Slow paced but required of course to work on weekends

Very nice staff

Learned about the inner workings of a church
Pros
work environment
Cons
low pay
I worked as charged nurse in PM shift full-time and full-time student which gave me an experience to balance work and study.
RN (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 19, 2017
I work as a charged nurse in PM shift. I was responsible of the health staff during the shift because the managerial staff leave at 4 pm. Communicating with the administration, LVN, CNA, and supporting staff from beginning to the end of the shift to serve the residents health care needs, their safety, and their confidentiality. I learned to manage my time by prioritizing the work load, such as handling IV medications, wound care such as wound vac for the unit. Sudden call off by a staff is one of the hardest part of the job because it takes part of my time to replace or adjust with the existing staff. The culture of the work place is very friendly and cooperative, when we experience shortage of staff most of them continue to work until they get replacement. In my experience over five years, I enjoyed most when the staff voluntary request to help during a sudden work load such as change of condition or new admission in addition to the scheduled assignment. I did my BSN degree while working at St. Pauls Towers. Unfortunately, I left the job due to family problem.
St. Pauls
Lay Leader (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 20, 2017
This was a volunteer position over many years. I volunteered in many capacities within the church as a Lay leader. My main role was to offer support on the Church School Board implementing youth Sunday School programs.
Pros
church based faith community
Cons
not enough time to get all you want done
A wonderful place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 16, 2017
Can't say enough about my employment at St. Paul's. People were friendly and helpful. My supervisor was the best there could be. Enjoyed learning new things such as Quickbooks and some bookkeeping. The people worked for were team players which made learning in a new field of work easy.
Pros
People, salary, enough work to keep me busy
Cons
No "cons" as far as I am concerned.