St. Peter's Health Partners Employee Reviews

If you are a perfusionist, run!
Perfusionist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 2, 2018
Turn over 20 perfusionist in five years for a full team of 6. Failed chief still calling shots with minimal skills. Management Phd wiz kid with no knowledge of OR or perfusion. Malicious gossip runs rampid with same manager responding to it. Orientation virtually non existent. No leadership what so ever. Incompetence with no desire to correct just sweep it under the rug. I was warned to stay away and should have listened. You should listen I didn't, don't my my trusting mistake.
Pros
one high end sugeaon
Cons
read review
a place where you can start & retire in the same position, easily
Revenue Cycle Liaison/Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 7, 2018
St Peters was a wonderful company to work for. Patients came first and employees were second. Trinity has taken over and its not so much patients & employees, but financial is the only focus.
Pros
i have a job
Cons
no cost of living increases & benefits cost too much, even for minimal coverage
Professional staffing
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYNovember 4, 2018
Professional environment
Busy days
Good Customer service
Good inservercing
Patient care on about 8-10 patients
Assisted with showers, physical therapy, eating
enjoyed my job, until we no longer havve one
Patient Accounts Representative/Bad Debt Liaison (Current Employee) –  Albany, NY 12204October 19, 2018
Start working at 6:30am working in a room with about 4 other doing the same job for different hospital, checking ins status, calling patient's on the phone, doing reports adding ins( CDPHP, MVP, BCBS & eMedNY MCD, MCR) primary and 2ndary, updating info for the patients, calling collections to hold accts, or bill accts,taking payments by phone ( Credit Cards) processing on PDC4U, mailing receipts to the payer dealing with supervisors to insure correct actions, had a 15 min. break @ 9am and lunch @ 12:15pm and afternoon break @2pm end of day is 3pm unless I am working late till 4 or 5pm. all in all its a great job, but progress prevailed and the jobs are moving out of State with in 4 to 5 months.
So now I am looking for my new adventure.

Jobs are being moved we will be out of a Job soon.
Pros
It was great as far as Hes and working staff
Cons
Job is being moved out of State.
Not a welcoming environment
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 17, 2018
I was uncomfortable, it didnt met my expectations of efficiency as being health care facility. The health staff are rude. As being a professional health care provider you should attain a common level of respect and efficacy to both clients and colleagues.
Diversified patients. Local events to promote dental health .
Dental Hygienist - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 13, 2018
I was given the opportunity to promote dental health in the community at several schools and different venues. I also attended several continuing education seminars in N.Y. as well as Boston Massachusetts.
Benefits
Cons
Inability to arrange my shedule as needed
Lack of team work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cohoes, NYOctober 12, 2018
It has its good and bad days. I think everyone should be treated fair. I believe that people should keep there personal problems to themselves, confidentiality should be respected when it comes to clients an\d employees.
Great place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 12, 2018
This was a great place to work at. Great people as well. The only thing was they didnt pay very good but the benefits they offered was good. I defintely would go back if the pay was right.
Nice place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2018
Great people to work for at the saugerties wellness center,hard workers and very compassionate towards patients and staff, would work there again if I ever moved back to ny
I learned Inpatient and Outpatient billing, collections, posting reimbursement.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYOctober 11, 2018
I had various responsibilities regarding Inpatient and Outpatient billing. In addition handled collection customer service calls. See resume for further detail.
I oversee the Inpatient acute billing. I enjoy working with many vendors, Insurances and my staff. Collecting prompt reimbursement is rewarding.
Outpatient/Inpatient Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 11, 2018
Unfortuantely, the CBO is being moved to Michigan. Trinity bought out St Peter's, Samaritan, St Mary's and Albany memorial. Due to restructering, the billing and revenue cycle will be based out of Michigan.
Time restrains but rewarding
resident (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 11, 2018
When dealing with people in need I wish we had more time , Time management is definitely a priority. I learned time management quickly and to be more conscious of my thoughts to perform duties.
The enjoyable part for me was the staff that assisted me in my duties and the rewards of helping.
Pros
advance opportunity for education
Cons
short lunch break
5 years strong
CMA (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 11, 2018
Love my job and my superiors. Hopefully I will retire from here. For the most part everyone is friendly and kind. The doctors are all brilliant and really care about their patients. I am proud to say i am part of this family.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYOctober 10, 2018
It’s a fun and positive environment to work in. The relationship you develop with the residents is the best part, but it’s hard letting go. Management was amazing to employees.
Pros
free lunches, coworkers
Cons
residents passing
Great environment to get started with my career in medicine.
Volunteer Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTOctober 5, 2018
As a Certified Phlebotomy Technician, it is imperative that one attains a certain number of "pokes." After I finished my schooling and certification, I was in a quandary. I had the education and the great skills necessary to get a job as a Phlebotomist, but I was unable to attain a job due to not having enough practical experience. So, I became a Volunteer in July to acquire more pokes and have really enjoyed every moment of it.

My hours per week vary substantially, so I cannot speak to the everyday culture of St. Pete's Health as a workplace. But when I AM there, I feel a strong sense of community, commitment to care, and incredible professionalism from not only my Supervisor in the Wellness Center, but also to the other volunteers who work
beside me. Everyone has been super helpful in my quest to gain the experience and knowledge necessary for a full-time position in Phlebotomy.

A typical day of work for me involves arriving to work dressed in professional black scrubs, and setting up privacy screenings and blood pressure cuffs for health and wellness checks. Blood draw and lab equipment is also set up at that time.

The most enjoyable part of my job is actually performing blood draws on patients and connecting with them individually. The most difficult part of my job is calming those uncomfortable and/or have a phobia of needles.

I have learned proficiency and absolute accuracy in my field.
I am just looking to advance my career
PATIENT ACCESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Its a great place to work , trying to advance my career and move up in this field.
I would advise pepole to apply at st.Peters to start a career if they are intrested in the medical field
Not a great place for advancement
Physician Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 19, 2018
I am currently an employee with SPHPMA for over 6 years. Its not a great place to work, there is no career advancement, they back door their friends and cronnies into jobs without applying. They do not value employees at all , they let their best employees go while still keeping workers who intimidate them or do nothing. There is never anyone held account for their issues or mistakes. They drive out good workers with the endless demands for a job and low pay.
Pros
Cons
everything about Trinity is bad
Would not recommend
Cash Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 17, 2018
a typical day would be overloaded with work that you are not properly trained on. Training is very lacking and learned on the fly which not everybody learns that way. Unrealistic goals departmentally puts a lot of undue pressure on employees. Upper management does not invite new ideas from employees.
Pros
People
Cons
lack of training
Terrible place to work
Client Tech Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 13, 2018
Terrible place to work, it's not about patients it's about the money, poor Management. Stressful environment, Take advantage of employees with disabilities!
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, had to accrue vacation/sick/holiday time
easy job but rude management
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 10, 2018
the workers are very nice & the manager an supervisor are very rude & don’t respect you as a person until you stand up to them . there’s favoritism & they only believe what there supervisor an mangers says about workers . bad job bad people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Peter's Health Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight