St. Peter's Health Partners Employee Reviews

n/a
Registration Associate (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYJuly 6, 2018
Decent company. Not paid sufficiently. Management is concerning and often unprofessional. Very stressful job with not enough perks to even it out. Its nice to feel like you're helping people out though.
productive
Central Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJune 25, 2018
very productive, hard working employees. Supervisor great to work with. Days doesn't seem to drag, Equipment and sets were always ready for OR. Staff are very patient.
Daily work day
Billing/Credentialing Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 14, 2018
Enjoyed the challenges, meetings, training, staff, and traveling to sites of many different specialties. Great compensation. Company merged. many challenges that were rewording
Pros
for ever learning
Cons
changes in management
Na
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 3, 2018
my typical work day is all planned The hardest part of the day was the load of patients on any giving day the amount of patients change My patience and skills allow me to get through it
Poor pay and lack respect for work done by empolyees
RN (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY, troy, nyMay 20, 2018
SPHP did have fine qualities, however, since the merge with Trinity and even prior this this, there is a lack of respect among the health care providers, management vs RN's and other staff. SPHP continue to state that staff is part time, however, in reality you are per diem and they do not provide any vacation time and per diem have not had a raise in over 6 years, For a group of administrators who demand staff "cares' they do not do this reflect this in their behavior.
Keep adding high level jobs, but you cannot obtain an interview for one unless you are related to or are friends with the directors
Pros
Peers, patients
Cons
Very low pay, no benefits, they tell you are part time but in fact they use per diem and donot provide paid time off, even working 30+ hrs hard to believe they are compliant with Fed regs
It is a very busy place with constant changes
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYMay 12, 2018
Because of the fast pace pressure of Healthcare, SPHP has constant changes which can cause a lot of pressure on managers and staff.
SPHP does try to focus on staff engagement and tries to make staff feel appreciated.
Pros
Great staff members
Cons
Constant changes that are not always thought out.
EVNA--stay away
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  EVNAMay 8, 2018
My typical day was an RN out in the field driving around visiting patients in their homes. This is hard work and the support from most management personnel is almost non-existent. Raises and monetary compensation is a joke. Too many summer vacation rules. If you have been there a long time you get what you want other than that forget it. The supervisor in charge of vacation and time off requests is a nasty. On a positive note little need to go into the office and subject yourself to the negativity.
Pros
Job flexibility as a HHC nurse
Cons
Pay/merit raises/lack of support from management.
Patient access represenative
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYMay 5, 2018
Front Desk registration in the Emergency Room for Patients coming into the ER either by walk-in or by Ambulance. Register & Verify Insurance for all patients, check patients out and collect Co-payment after patient discharge..Greeting Patients: Welcomes patients and accurately enters their information into applicable system. Verifies the patient's identification. Uses proper identification and greeting when answering phone calls. Triage calls and messages, and route to appropriate person/department as necessary.
Pros
Very busy and awarding
Cons
Dealing with the sick
Love working with patients and my team members
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYMay 5, 2018
Working in samaritan er is very busy and you are always checking patients in and checking patients out, also we greet patients , take care ambulance patients get them register and room right away, this way nurse are able to take over and do their accessment.
Busy and fast paced.
Information Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 5, 2018
Working at St. Peter's Hospital was always fast-paced and busy. Days go by smoothly when the unit works together. However, there are times when it does not. It depends on the unit staff and its management.
Job description not accurate
Account Receivable Associate - Treasury Department (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 3, 2018
The job was not what I thought it be. The description I was given in the interview phase was much different then the job duties I did. I spent everyday inputting data on a computer that was taken from other hospitals that recently merged with St. Peters. There was not much interaction with co workers or management. Everyone had a job to do on their computers and for the most part stayed to themselves. This was not an ideal working environment for me, there was not much interaction or group interactions.
Pros
convient work schedule
Cons
work environment
Nice place to work, not much room to advance
Financial Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 3, 2018
Great place to work. I worked there right out of undergrad and it was the perfect place to work and go to school for my MBA. Great work-life balance and everyone is so nice.

Not much room for advancement and the pay is pretty standard.
Pros
QOL is a pro, flexible hours, not overwhleming atmoshpere
Cons
Little to none advancement opportunities
Wrongfully terminated
Certified Nursing Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Cohoes, NYApril 28, 2018
Do not trust this company. Pure evil .
HR isn’t thier for its employees.
Management abuses its authorities to fullest extent.
Administration turns thier heads at the time of a serious issues.
No team work
No scheduled lunch breaks
Pros
Absolutely, nothing
Terrible place to work
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Cohoes, NYApril 28, 2018
Terrible place to work , do not recommend. HR is supposed to look out for thier employees and navigate when needed . St Peter’s as failed at this . Management is beyond poorly trained and will “try” to frame you.
Pros
Cons
Not getting a 30 min scheduled break everyday but getting docked for it
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 24, 2018
Good place to work, good culture. Still working on combining all of the merged organizations, employees, policy & procedure, etc. once they are able to work out the kinks and get everyone on the same electronic platform things will run much smoother.
Great Company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 24, 2018
Great Company to work for . Career advancement potential, great benefits. Learned to work as a team and independently. The manger was good and very helpful
Good first job.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYApril 23, 2018
This is a great place for a young person to start out. The shifts were short and very manageable with school, etc,. The pay was every two weeks, which would be one of the con's. Also, the age gap between some of the workers is interesting.
I learned alot about front office and had very patient and good teachers.
Front End Float (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 9, 2018
I floated to different Drs. office which was good because I learned alot about the work flow of each office. I learned from the best. I enjoyed going the different offices and the people I worked with and the patients I got to know.
Pros
It was a very good experience for me.
Cons
There wasn't anything I didn't like about my job.
I loved my job. Great Co-workers.
Physicians Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 9, 2018
I enjoyed going to work everyday. I loved my job, co-workers and Managers. I learned alot about finance and about the process of billing. When I left I was being trained on a new program.
Pros
I loved everything about my job.
Cons
No cons.
it was okay place to work. need cultural diversity training
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 15, 2018
i did love the job. helping people is what they do.
it was great for helping people but not so good for helping yourself. i worked long hours and weekends even if i was not schedules.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Peter's Health Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.8Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

St. Peter's Health Partners Reviews by Location