St. Peter's Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hospital
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 24, 2018
I didn't want to leave, but had to move home I worked in the ER checking in patients, checking insurance, making patient comfortable.
The people I worked for were great and I loved going to work.
Pros
people
Cons
Missed home
good place to work
Technical Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 14, 2018
Good place to start if you know you want to work in the medical field. nice coworkers. Support positions don't make any real money though. You have to become a nurse or higher.
under staffed, under paid
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 13, 2018
not enough staff in most departments, short term thinking by senior management, staff are hard working and generally care about their positions, too many "roadblocks" in place for advancement and just trying to get your job done, archaic hiring practices(too long of a time to get hired), great benefit package, generous time off,
benefits
Cons
great staff to work with
na
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 4, 2018
Good place for students or anyone interested in the medical field and or interesting in taking care of people. I learned a lot basic medical information and how to vitals and assist nursing when needed
I worked for the BHU department Horizon Health
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTApril 13, 2018
I loved my job !! I really enjoyed working with the patients and the nurses and the doctors. I enjoyed helping people that needed us and seeing us make a difference in someone's life.
Pros
loved working with the nurses and doctors
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 10, 2018
Great place to work. Excellent management and wonderful training too. OR and ICU training provided for RNs. Management and team members are supportive and knowledgeable. Great learning environment for new nurses to grow. Magnet hospital well deserved!
Pros
Supportive environment, great management, learning environmebt
Cons
Pay
Only care about making money
RN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2018
Do not give raises to full timers or per diem, trying to enforce nurses to comply with uniforms which they have to purchase, mandating the BNS degree so they can receive government and state funds.
Pros
Cons
Only cares about making money for hospital
Productive place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 15, 2018
teamwork, more hours, good benefits, vocation, paid holidays, polite in communication, organized , patient people working there, treating people the same
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Healthcare in Helena
Supervisor of Wellness Operations (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTMarch 13, 2018
It has been a great learning experience working at a hospital that is undergoing many transitions. The transitions at this time are favorable and the future of the hospital is hopeful.
Fast paced and supportive workplace
Technical Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 10, 2018
St. Peter's Hospital was a great place to work because along with your usual duties you could request to participate in procedures that expanded your experience. I learned a lot about medical care and was given the opportunity to view surgeries and other procedures.
Pros
Friendly and supportive co workers
Poor work environemnt
Senior Information Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 5, 2018
Staff are overworked and underpaid, consistently. More work and responsibilities are added without the proper training or guidance but with liability.
Pros
helping the community
Cons
Pay
The most enjoyable part of the job
Claims processor Tech I (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 21, 2018
St. Peter's hospital dental clinic had two locations and a dental van that went to intercity youth school districts. Because of the grants we were able to obtain, we were able to give services to them at no cost. These days there is an alarming amount of under or uninsured patients especially children.
Pros
teaching hospital
Cons
No where to grow in the company
Great Workplace
Unit Secretary & Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Positive learning environment, friendly and supportive co-workers, enjoyed going to work every assigned shift! Would highly recommend working here to anyone who is interested.
Very productive crew
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 7, 2018
My coworkers and I had a very diverse patient population. The acuity was high but the staff always worked well together. Our manage was open to our ideas.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Commute
Great Place to Work
Sr. Secretary, Case Management Department (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 26, 2017
Hospital was fun to work in with a great mix of staff. The culture was enjoyable and offered a cafeteria for lunch and snacks. It was a fast paced position
only worked here for a year
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 17, 2017
Only worked here for a year. Nurses are very helpful especially when you are busy with your workload. Charge nurses are good resources for newly hired.
Great Place, Friendly staff
Staff Nurse, RN I (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 13, 2017
Any nursing job is stressful. St. Peter's provided all the help needed to be successful. The pay was fair for the location and there was ample opportunity to further a career and specialize in a practice. I had a very positive experience with them.
St Peter's Hosp
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTOctober 25, 2017
I have loved every day that I have worked at this hospital. There was a time that the reputation was not that great, but I believe they are working hard to make this a great hospital in Montana.
Quick paced, fun work environment with plenty of opportunity to learn.
Patient care technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 24, 2017
Work was from 7a to 7p. As a PCT we would be given ilearns to brush up on basic hospital procedures. Often times any student who was going to school for Nursing,PA or MD would be given the chance to sit in on operations and were encouraged to shadow one of the doctors on the unit.It was a very team oriented environment.
Pros
emphasis on teaching those who aspire to continue education in the medical field
Cons
occasional night shifts
Not the job I was sold when being recruited
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTOctober 23, 2017
I was heavily recruited and promised a new and creative position, only to move across the State and learn on the second day of orientation that the person that hired me had been fired three days before. The job that I was sold did not exist and I would not have made a major move and life change for a position that I did with a non-advanced degree and significant training and experience.