St. Peters Hospital Employee Reviews

was my dream job
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 20, 2018
was my dream job and i do sorely miss working here. the staff are a wonderful polite team. i have never worked in such an harmonious environment and probably never will again
Pros
patients
Enjoy working here
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTNovember 15, 2017
Enjoy working here, I receive great benefits and enjoy my coworkers. I just wish there were more opportunities for advancement within my Human Resources Department.
Level I Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 6, 2017
Friendly staff, enjoyed working here. Staff helped ensure understanding of working in a school system and entry level work required of a professional in my field.
Excelent place to work
Patient Care Technician/ Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 3, 2017
I worked as PCT they have flexible schedule so you can pick up your days to work. I think that is the best thing that St Pete's has right now, Management is ok, some of them have open doors policy so you can go and talk to them. The culture and work environment is friendly
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lazy ppl
moving up
Food and Nutrition Worker (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 2, 2017
I feel like they make you stagnate and don't want you to succeed and move up. I just wan ever go back. I don't recommend it to no one to wok at st peters
Er
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 18, 2017
Er staff collaborated beautifully. Doctors attentive to those triaged first. Education offered. Compensation adequate. Management always close by in case of catastrophe.
nurse
Women's & Children's Divisional Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 11, 2017
She was a great boss, cared for nursing and patients. Work hard and had good experience. She was trusted by many and appreciated for her leadership style.
Poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTSeptember 22, 2017
Poor pay as well. They have gone through 3 CEO's in the 6 years that I have worked there. Had the lowest compensation for nurses in the state, which is pretty bad considering that Helena is the capital.
Theres no move up in the company and the salary is not enough
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 11, 2017
I've been working for the company for about 4 years and my hard work is not appreciated new employees come and get more money than me and don't do half the work as me. I just want to be treated equally.
Understaffed and underpaid
Operating Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 13, 2017
Higher volume of patients with little to no compensation. The best part of the job is fellow employees the worst are compensation, paid leave and flexibility with work schedules.
Fun and smart place to work
Patient Access Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTJune 27, 2017
This is an awesome place to work. It was fun, smart and challenging. I was taught a lot here by management and all employees in all departments. I would have stayed but a family issue caused me to move out if state. I will always speak well of St. Peter's Hospital.
good place to work
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 20, 2017
cleaning, making beds, emptying trash, I would start with supplies, and go to the floor I was assigned, began by emptying trash and then start to clean the rooms, and when patients went home I would clean the beds so they would be ready for the next patient, and before lunch, I would empty trash again, and when I got back from lunch I would continuing cleaning.
Pros
understanding
Cons
short breaks
Lots of physical movemnet
TRANSPORTION AIDE (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 14, 2017
Must be willing and able to work in a fast pace environment. Lift 50lbs or more. Lots of movement around a large facility. dealing with people of many different mind sets and attitudes. Over coming your own personal issues because the patients are most important
Friendly Place To Work
Linen Worker (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 26, 2017
I've worked at St Pete's for over 2 years now and it's a good place to work. Decent pay, decent benefits, and good people. Unless you're a nurse or in management you wont be getting a promotion anytime soon. And there's a constant issue with "funding" for more positions, supplies, and raises yet these people up in Renton are making half a million or more a year. Also the benefits are a joke.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay, Benefits, and staffing
SPH has gone downhill fast
RN (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 9, 2017
Check carefully into the demographics of employees before working here, as there are inconsistencies regarding treatment, but I guess that's Albany for you. Management is poor and inexperienced or nasty and corrupt. Some tried to bring in a union last year and they were promptly fired. Many RNs are running to other hospitals because they've had enough. No one likes to be chewed up and spit out, and then spit on.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Everything else
great small hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTJanuary 2, 2017
co-workers like family, everyone is willing to help in all lab areas, management easy to work with always willing to help everyone to advance. patients are the most enjoyable part of the day.
I have many years of med experience and couldn't get hired on full time
Per Diem Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTDecember 29, 2016
I feel like with this hospital you need to know someone to get in or have zero experience. I have years of medical experience and could only get hired on as a per diem employee for multiple floors with 1 or 2 days training at each. While I did know the system I felt I was being taken advantage of for knowing what I was doing.
Most enjoyable job!
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WADecember 20, 2016
staff was extremely nice and welcoming. I loved my job but I needed to further my education. great starter job for someone wanting to get their foot in the door. I learned a lot.
Good learning experience
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 16, 2016
Working at St. peters was my first time in a hospital setting and working with patients. The reason for working here was to gain experience hours to further my education. I would care for patients and help keep them physically active while healing. I enjoyed helping people and making a difference in their lives. The hardest part of the job was seeing one patient pass away. I learned a lot at this position and the most important thing I learned that nursing field was not for me.
sterile processor
Sterile Processor (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WADecember 11, 2016
cleaned and sterilized instruments used in a surgery. Sorted tools and instruments after use, checking for nicks and defects. Washing and sterilizing tools to prepare for next surgery. Stocked inventory and pulled inventory for future use.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
not enough pay