St. Petersburg General Hospital Employee Reviews

A nice place to start a career in the the medical field
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33710December 4, 2017
It's a fast paced environment from start of shift to end of shift. A good experience in cash/credit handling,how to identify correct health insurance plans for patients,and overall customer service. Not enough support from management when it came to staffing or work environment concerns. The hardest part of working for St Petersburg General Hospital was registering multiple patients at once while competing with the nurses/ doctors/ radiologist techs/ ultra sound techs for time with the patients.Fortunately mostly everyone is cooperative and efficiently manages their time.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Team work but not in ICU
Contracted LPN/PRM (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 27, 2017
I enjoyed working here.
Until they got rid of all the LPN because they could get more money from Medicare and Medicaid.
You're just a number not a person to them. Upper management and HCA Hospitals.
Pros
Great nurses
Cons
Upper Management HCA
Very stressful
Clinical Nurse- Medical Surgical ICU (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 9, 2017
Work environment stressful
good team work
payment better
very much micromanagement
Hectic job
clean environment
Huge turnover
it has been a long time I left facility, so whatever it is now I do not know
Pros
teamwork
Cons
hectic work
Micromanagement leadership style
Director (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 16, 2017
Micromanagement senior leadership style; Difficult Medical Staff; Wonderful directors and nurses; clean hospital; and two newly renovated nursing units
Hospital
Clinical floor nurse on PCU (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 3, 2017
Management provided 2 weeks orientation for new graduate nurses and encouraged new graduate nurses to be on their own after that point. There were a few "bully" nurses that would not help the new nurses. Unfair patient assignments.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of training
Great environment
Medical Staff Secretary. CME Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Very nice people to work with. Room for growth and people are willing and wanting to help you succeed. I learned a lot about the business world with this being one of my first jobs outside of college.
Pros
great people and job security
Cons
not a very high salary
Exciting, and rewarding.
Patient Care Technician/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 8, 2017
My day would be greeting the patients each morning and getting them ready for the day. Than i would start my clerical duties answer the phones front dest computer enter charger into computer and attend to all in need.
Pros
we received free meals
Cons
At times we were short of help
Excellent
PCU Student Nurse, Nursing Support, PCT, Sitter (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLNovember 4, 2016
Overall satisfied with the opportunity that the staff over at St. Pete General Hospital has offered me. It was a tremendous learning period . I welcome any chance to continue to work for HCA hospitals.
loved working here
Histotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 10, 2016
this was a great job. small staffed in the lab. great hours, pay was good. not much room for pay benefits. benefits were great! loved working with all the people they were so nice.
Pros
small hospital lots of room for advancement
Cons
pay raises very low
Nothing to report
Clinical Pharmacist (PRN) (Current Employee) –  st. petersburgOctober 12, 2015
Good place to work. I enjoy working in the pharmacy and since this is a teaching hospital, I have the opportunity to work with technicians, nurses and several doctors. All these experiences have made me a well balanced clinician.
Uplifting and rewarding workplace
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 10, 2015
Great place to learn and grow with a great amount of experience and use of current skills and assessments. I work with a dedicated staff that looks forward to treating each and every patient with empathy and professionalism. I am always looking for ways to grow and to learn as an individual through experience and higher education.
Pros
experience
Great atmosphere
RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working in Labor and Delivery here. Nothing is better than being a part of a miracle and helping the families get through labor and delivery.
Excellent Imaging Department management
Staff Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 18, 2014
St. Petersburg General Hospital is a medical/surgical hospital
that is medium sized and a pleasure to work at. Evelyn McCullough
is one of the best managers I've ever had the pleasure of working for.
Thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers. At meal time the cafeteria food is something that the employees look forward to, it's varied and tasty.
Pros
Outstanding management in Radiology Department
Cons
Pay could be higher
Working for St. Petersburg General Hospital
CNA (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Everyone here is very nice and overall a nice place to work, but alot of times understaffed, probably because the pay here is very poor. Alot of turnover because of pay.
Pros
Cheap breakfast and lunch. Food is good.
Cons
Terrible health insurance
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 30, 2014
Techs are supportive, helpful, and great to work with. Radiologist are approachable and easy to work with. Management listens to concerns and is always trying to improve things for the employees and pateints.
Pros
ALWAYS get lunch break
Cons
sent home whe it's slow
Very friendly place to work.
Patient Access Services (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 25, 2014
Welcome patient and family members in a professional manner. Register, interview or admit all patients at workstation or at bedside to obtain all necessary account information,EMR
I was a graduate RN at this position in ICU
Critical care internship program (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 27, 2014
I was so excited to be in the ICU learning in the critical care internship program.. it was an awesome experience.
Pros
so much to learn
Enjoyed working with the different deparments of the hospital
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Enjoyed working with the manager of the department and co-workers with assisting the day to day operations of the department.
decline
Radiological Technologist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 26, 2013
Good Company but no full time jobs. Would like to see more job growth.
Was a good teaching unit
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 22, 2013
Typical day has you getting and assignment and then being pretty much on your own.there was not a lot of help among staffers.with each other Most were concerned with texting or working on their laptop computers unfortunately there was a very clickish atmosphere and the charge nurse was often off the unit.I learned and refined all of my skills during the 17years I worked there but in the last 2 years administration changes and the hospital was less upfront with the LPNs working in ICU. THEN we were told that we had a limited time to get an Rn or transfer to floor work. The time frame would require full time coarse work and none of us ( ages 55-61) felt we could do. We had been lead to believe we would stay in ICU until outted by illness or retirement.. .Work became a hard place to want to go to do to the people but I always loved patient care and working with the patients.
Cons
no place but unit lounge for breaks and always called out to help someone else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Petersburg General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Petersburg General Hospital Reviews by Location