St. Petersburg General Hospital Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job
ICU Nurse Dates (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33710March 25, 2019
The best part of working at St Pete General is the staff. The support
system on a daily basis is outstanding. When in need there is always
someone to help.
Pros
The staff and the enviroment
Cons
short staffed
Above and beyond
Guardian Angel (Float) (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 29, 2018
St. pet Gen is a great place to volunteer.
I was lucky enough to be apart of their Guardian Angel program which allowed me to be a little more hands on then some volunteers. Being able to float any where in the hospital gave me a chance to help different types of patients and staff members.
Higher learning, different work experience with different levels of care.
RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 30, 2018
Typical day fun, educational, higher levels of learning with assistance. Multi-cultures and languages with team work to assist with patient care. Most enjoyable day was laughing and sharing with co-workers.
A nice place to start a career in the the medical field
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33710December 4, 2017
It's a fast paced environment from start of shift to end of shift. A good experience in cash/credit handling,how to identify correct health insurance plans for patients,and overall customer service. Not enough support from management when it came to staffing or work environment concerns. The hardest part of working for St Petersburg General Hospital was registering multiple patients at once while competing with the nurses/ doctors/ radiologist techs/ ultra sound techs for time with the patients.Fortunately mostly everyone is cooperative and efficiently manages their time.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short breaks, low pay
RN at St. Peterburg Hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLNovember 4, 2017
Management does not manage. They listen and do nothing about issues. Staff controls management in my department that are not even nurses.. Management only worried about their bonus . Staff sent home on a daily basis while contract people are working. There was no orientation only 2 days of class and then put on floor like a traveler. Nurses are not respected by physicians!!!! Our department has no coverage for sick time or vacation days. On call is used for scheduled cases rather than emergents
Pros
Patient satsifaction
Cons
Less working hours than scheduled.
Team work but not in ICU
Contracted LPN/PRM (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 27, 2017
I enjoyed working here.
Until they got rid of all the LPN because they could get more money from Medicare and Medicaid.
You're just a number not a person to them. Upper management and HCA Hospitals.
Pros
Great nurses
Cons
Upper Management HCA
Don't take a Part time job there
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 15, 2017
I was hired for 2days a week. Those 2 days were defined when I was hired, then changed to calling me every afternoon to see if I was going to work the next day or not, It was like I was on call for them everyday. Never could make plans for the next day. The team members were very "team" oriented though and enjoyed working with them.
Pros
fellow team members
Cons
scheduling
Very stressful
Clinical Nurse- Medical Surgical ICU (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 9, 2017
Work environment stressful
good team work
payment better
very much micromanagement
Hectic job
clean environment
Huge turnover
it has been a long time I left facility, so whatever it is now I do not know
Pros
teamwork
Cons
hectic work
Radiology manager is a joke
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 3, 2017
The people I work directly with are a good group. New imaging management has come in and is the worst I have ever experienced. This is not just my opinion but the general consensus.
never knew when i was working
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 19, 2017
I was part time hired for mon and thursday, was called each afternoon if i was needed the next day it was like being on call each day never again would work like this
Micromanagement leadership style
Director (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 16, 2017
Micromanagement senior leadership style; Difficult Medical Staff; Wonderful directors and nurses; clean hospital; and two newly renovated nursing units
Hospital
Clinical floor nurse on PCU (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 3, 2017
Management provided 2 weeks orientation for new graduate nurses and encouraged new graduate nurses to be on their own after that point. There were a few "bully" nurses that would not help the new nurses. Unfair patient assignments.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of training
Great environment
Medical Staff Secretary. CME Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Very nice people to work with. Room for growth and people are willing and wanting to help you succeed. I learned a lot about the business world with this being one of my first jobs outside of college.
Pros
great people and job security
Cons
not a very high salary
great
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 14, 2017
st pete general hospital overall is a very great place to work. theres always hours to get and so much overtime, seeing the patients happy with the care is amazing
Exciting, and rewarding.
Patient Care Technician/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 8, 2017
My day would be greeting the patients each morning and getting them ready for the day. Than i would start my clerical duties answer the phones front dest computer enter charger into computer and attend to all in need.
Pros
we received free meals
Cons
At times we were short of help
Excellent
PCU Student Nurse, Nursing Support, PCT, Sitter (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLNovember 4, 2016
Overall satisfied with the opportunity that the staff over at St. Pete General Hospital has offered me. It was a tremendous learning period . I welcome any chance to continue to work for HCA hospitals.
loved working here
Histotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 10, 2016
this was a great job. small staffed in the lab. great hours, pay was good. not much room for pay benefits. benefits were great! loved working with all the people they were so nice.
Pros
small hospital lots of room for advancement
Cons
pay raises very low
A revolving door of employees and management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 20, 2016
There are some truly wonderful and caring employees there. It takes a special person to thrive in that atmosphere.

Unfortunately, there is a major organizational culture problem starting at the C-Suite and into the Physician leadership of the organization. Senior Leadership is effectively invisible and out of touch with the day to day realities. Outdated equipment and technology is the status quo. Staffing is a major concern and Nurse to patient ratios of 11:1 have happened. A single PCT to a 56 bed unit? That happens too. In a one year span nearly 100% of the Leadership roles turned over, that should tell you something.

Physician engagement is horrifically low and Physicians intimidating or being abusive to staff happens all too often. As a result staff is reluctant to call Physicians with important updates and patients suffer for it.
Outstanding workplace
Hospital Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 4, 2015
Wonderful, challenging position as Hospital Case Manager, multiple daily interactions with patients, families, guests, vendors, Physicians made each day worthwhile. A great experience of 4 years.
Pros
Supportive management, dedicated co-workers
Cons
Organization mediclal facility dedicated to compassionate care
Patient Portal Concierge (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 11, 2015
Working for St Petersburg General Hospital was like working with family. Employees strive to exceed industry standards. I would definitely work there again as thr Patient Portal Concierge.
Pros
Per Diem Status
Cons
Position eliminated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Petersburg General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Petersburg General Hospital Reviews by Location