ST. ROSE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Great place to work and get started
Admitting/ Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 10, 2019
Great place to work good enviornment family atmosphere where employees help out one another. Taking care of patients whom come and go on a regular basis.Not one day is the same as the other.
great place to work
Medical Surgical Float Pool RN (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 29, 2018
Busy job with lots of very ill pt. Short aids so the rn had to do more work. All in all the pts got good care and we go out on time. Management was very supportive.
St. Rose
Housekeeping • Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 3, 2018
Small hospital, hard to advance. People tend to stay in their positions long-term. I liked it because I learned how to work as a housekeeper and to go from St. Rose to Stanford, I am now in a more prestigious hospital.
Treat employees as though they own them
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hayward, caNovember 21, 2018
I was only there two weeks. I got sick and missed two days, and they fired me. They make a big deal about don’t come in if you are sick, then when you call in sick they can you. Percentage wise two days out of two weeks is pretty bad, but it is just 2 days, and they make a big deal about not wanting you there sick.
Pros
Lot of nice people there
Cons
The assistant chief, who will probably be the chief soon, is very petty. The chief seems like a good guy, but he is retiring.
Room for advancement
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 11, 2018
Great tuition reimbursement with hire after graduation opportunities.
Team work and team oriented environment
Great source of education resources
Union access
Great Culture
Director of Case Management and Social Services (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 18, 2018
St. Rose Hospital is a non-profit independent safety net hospital. I've learned many things & developed many skills working in St. Rose. The challenges I've encountered in St. Rose has strengthened me as a Director of Case Management & Social Services. St. Rose has allowed & encouraged me to be able to think out of the box to find solutions to the challenges we face. What has kept me in St. Rose for 10 years and on-going are the people here. Not just from my department but from Administration all the way down to the lowest level of employment. St Rose being a small 220 bed hospital, you get to know many from different departments. Everyone seems to have a good attitude.
Fast Paced
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 26, 2018
St Rose Hospital is and was a good place to work my experience there was a good experience to remember the staff there were genuine and kind amd treated you like family
Independance
Sterile Processing Externship (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 7, 2018
This Hospital allowed me to work on my own without supervision after about 2 weeks. I liked doing that because it made me confident that I can handle all job duties correctly and independently.
Pros
The staff in other departments appreciate when you go the extra mile to help them
Cons
There was only one trainer
Quiet hospital
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 26, 2018
St. Rose serving as an administrative assistant was a strict management position. Cannot have no flaws. Overall experience wasn;t too bad it was a couple years ago im sure they have updated their culture settings, Managed a team of 10 people, Slow paced and quiet.
good
Student Externship (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 24, 2018
I was only a student at St. Rose Hospital. It was a good hospital to be apart of for the couple months I was doing my externship. Good place to be apart of
Good experience working for St Rose
Cook (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 26, 2018
Fun place, good benefit, nice environment,goodlocation,, good atmosphere,,friendly people ,,clean,good service,secured,relax, relationship, honest, integrity, values, privacy, policy
not an EOE
Per Diem Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 29, 2018
I did not have a positive work experience at St. Rose Hospital. I would not work for them again. The training was unorganized and the shift hand overs were not conducted in a a timely manor.
Pros
no pros
Cons
bad managment
Not a great place to work
Staff Registered Nurse II, Med (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Staff turnover is high
Please place to start out as new graduate because it is a tough environment to practice
It's a small family like hospital so everything knows each other which is a plus.
Intensive Care Unit
ICU Tech/ Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Intensive patient care duties that involved direct patient contact and advocating for family members. Engage in daily care plans for the patients who where being admitted.
Good starting place
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Management is spread fairly thin and is over burdened with making up for it. This results in poor follow up on the nursing administration side. The work culture is nice as it is collaborative and easy to talk to other managers.
Pros
Free lunches with lunch meetings, easy to take time off
Cons
Low pay, vacation time
productive, good learning opportunities
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Good collaboration between the registered nurse and nursing assistant. Duties are well defined. Job satisfaction although busy most of the time. Learnt a lot regarding direct patient care,
Team work
Staff Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 5, 2017
I absolutely love the environment at St. Rose. Yes, it gets very busy and is stressful, but I never feel alone. There are always resources and people around to ask for help
Pros
Staff is helpful
Cons
Pay isn't the best
work place culture
STERILE PROCESSING TECH II (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 3, 2017
my co workers are nice, staff are friendly and professional. it gets really busy at most times. typically on Mondays and Tuesdays and some weekends too.
Pros
management is linient
Cons
benefits, short lunch break
phlebotomy
Phlebotomist/ Lab Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 6, 2017
This facility has high expectations, low pay and poor management. Phlebotomists worked all departments including ER with not enough staff and no increase in staff when census is high. TAT tracked and nearly impossible to meet due to staffing.
fun and helpful workplace with a lot of potlucks
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 24, 2017
A typical day at work is positioning patients and answering call lights, the staff nurse and i work as a team. I have learned that patients need our help more then ever. I manage by planning every care that i am going to do depending on which patient needs help the most. Everyone is equal and there is no discrimination and we all treat each other as a family and help each other. The hardest part of my job is that i am not working enough hours and how i'm not working 48 hours a week and how i only work 16-28 hours a week. The most enjoyable part of my job is how i feel happy when the patients tell me that they are satisfied with my assistance.
Pros
potlucks
Cons
not working enough