ST. ROSE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
not an EOE
Per Diem Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 29, 2018
I did not have a positive work experience at St. Rose Hospital. I would not work for them again. The training was unorganized and the shift hand overs were not conducted in a a timely manor.
Pros
no pros
Cons
bad managment
Intensive Care Unit
ICU Tech/ Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Intensive patient care duties that involved direct patient contact and advocating for family members. Engage in daily care plans for the patients who where being admitted.
Team work
Staff Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 5, 2017
I absolutely love the environment at St. Rose. Yes, it gets very busy and is stressful, but I never feel alone. There are always resources and people around to ask for help
Pros
Staff is helpful
Cons
Pay isn't the best
phlebotomy
Phlebotomist/ Lab Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 6, 2017
This facility has high expectations, low pay and poor management. Phlebotomists worked all departments including ER with not enough staff and no increase in staff when census is high. TAT tracked and nearly impossible to meet due to staffing.
fun and helpful workplace with a lot of potlucks
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 24, 2017
A typical day at work is positioning patients and answering call lights, the staff nurse and i work as a team. I have learned that patients need our help more then ever. I manage by planning every care that i am going to do depending on which patient needs help the most. Everyone is equal and there is no discrimination and we all treat each other as a family and help each other. The hardest part of my job is that i am not working enough hours and how i'm not working 48 hours a week and how i only work 16-28 hours a week. The most enjoyable part of my job is how i feel happy when the patients tell me that they are satisfied with my assistance.
Pros
potlucks
Cons
not working enough
St. Rose Hospital - A Community Hospital
Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Rose HospitalAugust 1, 2017
St. Rose Hospital is a non-profit, safety-net, community-based hospital located in Hayward, CA. St. Rose Hospital offers the opportunity to build your experience base, all while driving the importance of quality patient care. As a non-profit hospital, serving a large percentage of the underinsured and uninsured in our community, St. Rose Hospital continually asks for funding and the necessary support needed from the County and State.

If you are a hard working individual, who wants to work for a non-profit organization that prides itself on the commitment to keep our community healthy - St. Rose is the place for you!
volunteer work
S.H.I.N.E volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 10, 2017
A great place to gain experience with an inside look at the hospital. No compensation but free meals from the hospital cafeteria. Good Management and organization within the program.
Pros
free meals
Cons
slow paced.
Fun hopsital experience and great volunteer work
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 17, 2017
I usually would go sign in and arrive in my uniform at the front desk. My fellow volunteers and I would wait for a phone call or visitor. A phone call could ask us to deliver a specimen to the lab or discharge a patient. Sometimes we would deliver books or newspapers. We would walk the mail to the mail room or help a visitor find a room or department. After our four hour shift, we could eat our free lunch and head home.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
inflexible schedules
Excellent team work
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 17, 2017
I learned different skills that helped me become a better therapist. The hospital in general is a good place to learn and grow. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know that you are one of those that helped and reached out for the betterment of patients.
St. Rose Hospital is a great place to work
Section Lead Microbiology Dept (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 2, 2017
Worked with great lab and hospital staff which I considered family. Room for advancement is minimal, work environment is good. Management at that time was great . Enjoyable part of the job is working with excellent laboratory professional.
Productive and fun workplace
Unit Clerk - Emergency Department (per diem) (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 23, 2016
Good place to start your career. Small but busy Emergency room. Lot of new people to meet. A lot of people have gained experience in our hospital and left to better jobs.
excellent place to work
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 16, 2016
st. rose rehab is an excellent place to work. staff members are helpful, friendly, willing to share knowledge. friendly staff and management to work with
Pros
better place to learn and work
Enjoy working with others.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 26, 2016
Enjoy working with others. Team leader and can follow directions of superiors. Quick learner with good people skills. Hard worker and always on time.
It pays well, but as a lot of places, it is suffering some major budget cut backs and ratios are maxed out with no ancillary help.
Registered Nurse, Maternal Child, Postpartum Unit (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 1, 2016
It has been a good place to work in general. After the collapse of the economy in 2009-2010 we have all seen the budget cut backs go into swing. Bonuses were cut, food quality went way down. Now it is even worse. They are still laying people off or redistributing people to different units to save money. We are maxed out on my unit and have no help. No CNA or task nurse. The charge and secretary are too bogged down with other tasks to help much. Clocking out even 10 minutes late gets you a phone call at home about poor time management, etc...
Pros
High pay!
Cons
Budget cuts!
Nice place to work
HIM / Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 21, 2016
St Rose Siena is a very fast pace and can be very stressful at times. At anytime you could be working alone and having to do 3 jobs at one time. It has given me time to learn to be more patient with others.

I have gained lot's of experience at St Rose it has made me a more compassionate person for others who are struggling with an illness or a certain decision towards their care.

The hardest part of my job is having to speak with parents who have just lost a baby. I have great compassion for them and what they are going through or a parent who is struggling with the quest of giving their baby up for adoption.

I love working with the new Mothers and their babies in helping them with the paper work for Birth Certificates.
It is such a joy to see new Parents and the happiness they are having with their first baby and how worried they are. I always am happy to help them in any way that I can to make the paper work much easier for them to fill out.
Over all I love my job it's caring about other people, stressful and wonderful all at the same time.
Pros
Love working with the new Parents and Babies.
Cons
Not always easy dealing with death.
This is what i love to do
Quality Improvement Intern (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 8, 2016
My dream come true, i always wanted to work in a hospital, seek the needful and help the society.
Best job so far in my professional career.
Started work at St. Rose hospital as a house keeper.
Janitorial work and housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 22, 2015
I began working at St. Rose hospital as a house keeper and started at the bottom. I worked my way up to being a team lead and learned how to make schedules, how buff and was the floors, and leadership skills. I actually took a leadership course. Daily I completed tasks of cleaning up the facility, doing laundry, and learned how to clean professionally.
Pros
Learning leadership skills.
Cons
Jelousy of coworkers. I worked extremely hard and my coworkers did not like that I was promoted.
No room for advancement or growth
Irrelevant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 27, 2015
Not EEOC by any means. Never adequately posts new or open positions, current employees never given an opportunity for career advancement or growth unless they are related or of a certain culture, reverse discrimination, nepotism even under new management. New management prefers to push everyone out so they can hire fresh degrees at minimalist pay. Although they claim it is not a Stanford or other large hospital organization, the reality is that it is and you are "just a number" or just a warm body occupying a seat. No loyalty to loyal employees and have "found" ways to fire those who have been there 20-35 years to force them out and place the position with family or friends. Cafeteria food is HORRIBLE and pray they do not feed it to the patients.
High quality and successful healthcare service
MA Externship Silva Pediatric Medical Clinic (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 11, 2015
Everyday at St. Rose is a new experience. St. Rose Hospital gave me the opportunity to explored around different health departments.
I learned to care about the community health, they tough me how to loved and served our people in a equal and professional manner. Co-workers are great, friendly and very professionals. Nothing is hard when you like what you do. I enjoyed every single day I worked in this hospital. The most enjoyable is to help those who need you.
Excellent staff Horrible Management
RN II (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 2, 2015
The nursing crew has a high turnover rate because management is horrible. They are unable to keep qualified and experienced staff on board because the benefits and pay suck and there is no room for advancement. Management is a joke. Luckily the nurses are unionized. I would never recommend working here unless you are a new nurse and need experience.
Pros
They hire new nurses.
Cons
Management sucks, no room for growth