St. Thomas University

St. Thomas University Employee Reviews

Opportunities
Progressive and innovative I have learned to communicate with students and link their personal life to the lessons.
The hardest part of my job is to fail a student and the best is to facilitated and help to achieved the course expected results.
Ambiente laboral divertido y hors flexibles.
Muy buen ambiente laboral. Sin estres horarios flexibles
Produtive and fun place to work at
I enjoyed working at St. Thomas very much, teaching the students was fantastic as well as involving them in the subject at hand.Staff were all friendly and supportive. The Buildings were clean and I love to teach others what I know about well.
Very productive and fun place to work
Fairly new school and doing very well. Accredited programs with small class size making it easier to concentrate and work with students. Students cooperative and had lots of fun activities with faculty.
great experience
Great opportunity to advance your education with free master degree. Continuing training is provided. Option to become an adjunct professor is also available and can greatly enhance your expertise by imparting it to students.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
It was great working
very good work culture.
supportive staff.

friendly environment.

flexibility.

Overall working at St Thomas was a wonderful experience, and the best part was time management that i learnt from working.
School
Awesome place to work. Pouring into our youth with passionate, effective, and reflective teaching. Utilizing resources to maximize the potential of students and build rigor.
Nice place to work
Everybody there was really nice. The supervisor was really welcoming to our ideas, this made our job enjoyable. I learned a lot. The schedule was really flexible for students.
Competitive workplace
The school is a pretty fast paced competitive place to work in, especially with the administration that has been put in charge. There could be more collaborative work done which could potentially help the school improve tremendously.
Nice people to work with
Since it is a small organization, a person has opportunities to build relationships with co-workers is many different departments. Also, the university being in Miami, one also has the opportunity to work in a diverse culture.
Awesome place to work.
Wonderful people. Great administration. Laid back environment. Tuition waiver. Beautiful and relaxing campus. Great opportunity for growth and advancement.
Pros
Many
First higher education institution
I can't say enough great things about St. Thomas University. It was where I earned my Master's Degree. The entire university staff was wonderful to work with and my boss in the athletic department was the best of them all. The working environment was one of learning and just a great time.
I was a work study student only
I had no benefits, I was only a work study intern in the financial affairs dept. I loved what i did but it was only temporary and for the duration of school. When I graduated, the position ended.
Pros
I enjoyed financial accounting, balancing the ledger, filing and office duties
Cons
the position was temporary
Fun, but poor communication
Working in my department specifically is great. The environment is friendly within our department. Communication with some other departments is difficult. Some other employees do not deliver on time.
Pros
Fun, friendly
Cons
benefits, salary
St. Thomas - part time
Actually, it is the same as another job. I had a chance to work in multi-able places in St. Thomas so I got the know everyone in the school which was so fun. I became a social person.
Pros
Free lunch, free room
Cons
Breaks
Excellent
I loved working at Saint Thomas University. It really is one big happy family. Most do complain that the pay is low. I agree, but they do have great benefits. I would still be there if it was not for me wanting a career change.
Pros
Great retirement plan, great healthcare, fun at the workplace, employees do matter.
Cons
Pay
the workplace at St. Thomas University was astounding
During my time with St. Thomas University I've gained a lot of experiences and those experiences is what molded me into my character today. The managers there where so helpful in helping me hone my skills to become better in sales. the job was amazing the culture was great, everyone there helping each other succeed working together as one to provide the best customer service to all.
Very fast-paced work
Love doing lab work and helping out professors, as well as teaching new lab assistants. Stepping in to help professors carry out laboratories is one of my favorite parts.
Great Environment to work for a part time job
People is Friend and guide you with all the task that you need to perform.
Be very open of all the skills and coordinate with your supervisor you work hours, they are very flexible. You need to complete all your work hours
Not a good experience.
Working at St. Thomas University Enrollment Center was very stressful since that specific department is not organized at all. Everybody is kind of lost.
Lots of interaction with others
Chances to work in a number of different roles. Sometimes incredibly busy, while others can be slow enough to work on something independently. Lots of time fielding various questions from anyone that enters the building.