St. Vincent's HealthCare Employee Reviews

Catholic Identity sold to Corporate Interests
Chaplain-Certified (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 16, 2019
I was excited to work at St. Vincent’s as it was a Catholic institution that was founded and run by the Daughters of Charity. However, after the DC sisters left, the hospital became part of a giant corporation called Ascension Health. On the ground, the quality of service deteriorated to the level of profit oriented corporation disguising as “non-profit” just for tax exempt status. The number of nurses and nurse assistants taking care of patients were cut down to toxic levels. At the nursing home that I was working in, which is also a part of the hospital, all the nurses and nurse assistants were busy and dead tired taking care of the patients: feeding the patients and bringing them to the bathroom and giving them their meds and taking their vitals, etc., but there is not enough of them to take care of everybody. It has become customary to see elderly patients that had dementia sitting on urine and excrement for at least an hour. Patients acquire Urinary Tract Infections, pressure ulcers, and other diseases. Once they get admitted to the hospital, a lot of them don’t return anymore to the skilled nursing facility. It is really heartbreaking.
Pros
30 minute lunch breaks; health benefits
Cons
heavy workload, profit oriented
Worst Month Ever
Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 8, 2019
I had one month of clinical rotation at this hospital, it was the worst month in my life. I HIGHLY recommend you stay away from this hospital as a student, pharmacist or even a patient.
Pros
Cons
All staff treat you like animal and you will be stepped on
Special Place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 11, 2018
This company has been good to me. I've worked in multiple capacities within the organization. It is a place you can really grow that's full of opportunities.
Productive atmosphere to keep safe.
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, FLAugust 6, 2018
I enjoy keeping St. Vincent's Healthcare safe and protected. I learn so much as I get to be there for those in need. It is such a privilege to keep St. Vincent's safe.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
No overtime
Overall Experience
Patient Access Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2018
I like my job however seeking advancement in career opportunity . My co worker are nice and friendly . The hours are convenient. The atmosphere is ok. The pay could be more the work that is expected of you to perform.
Wonderful coworkers
Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time there and grew as a nurse and leader. The higher you go in management, the more vulnerable you are when restructuring occurs. Restructuring happens regularly every 18-24 months. Nursing always seemed to take the hardest hit.
Pros
Service oriented
Cons
Frequent restructuring and leadership changes
Most enjoyable part of the job
Chief Revenue Cycle Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2018
St Vincent's mission is the guiding force for ensuring patient care. Their mission is uplifting and provides a sense of purpose in day-to-day functions.
Great potential, poor staffing, worst management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2018
I was a nurse, 1st in telemetry, then a specialty unit. Both managers were awful people. Not just bad managers, horrible people. I worked there nearly 10 years and injuried myself at work, however, apparently I did not seek medical care in a timely manner. I had to quit, injured, because the boss didn't care if I stayed or went and wouldn't allow me to work part time. I would have NEVER left but I could not work for a "nurse" who was heartless. And couldn't even do MY job. Sad. I loved my co-workers, my doctors, and my job. I was proud to be a St. Vincent's nurse. P. S. My "boss" was fired shortly after I was forced to quit. There must be a good manager somewhere in that wonderful hospital. But where?
Pros
Coworkers were the hardest working, intelligent, fun, caring people I've ever met.
Cons
Management!
Production was not explained
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 28, 2018
The management was not fair. When they wanted to let you go , youre gone buddy. Jus t a lot over people that can do what they want to do for job security.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Rudeness in the work place
Amazing coworkers
Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 23, 2018
Great pay for the position I had with amazing coworkers. Company does yearly raises and there’s usually room for advancement. Management is incredible and helpful.
An Organization in the infancy of Change
System Director of Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 21, 2018
A typical work day is one of change and uncertainty. The organization has experienced a constant state of change in the senior leaders so stability at the moment is lacking.
Pros
Mission
Cons
Stressful
Fast paced
SYSTEM DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC PLANNING (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 17, 2018
Significant changes in healthcare is making hospital systems change their staffing models and has caused some positions to be removed, while others created.
work place
Customer Service Representative (Laboratory) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 15, 2018
ST. Vincent is a great place to work in a diverse environment, doesn't pay much but have great benefits if I had family support or was married I would come back to Florida and work for St.Vincent.
This is a good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 14, 2018
This is a good place to work and you learn a lot and see a lot. The benefits are excellent and the people are friendly. They believe in team work and team fun.
Mlt:mt ratio imbalance
Medical Technologist-General Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 14, 2018
MLT:MT RATIO IMBALANCE

The emphasis shifted from one of quality healthcare to the community to PROFIT.
There were too many MLT's with only 1 or 2 MT's to be responsible for the overall shifts.
Many wonderful and caring people in the Ministry but it became more of a "machine" with the changing landscape of medicine
Ascension - Account Executive, The Alliance (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 14, 2018
In my particular role you have to be self motivated and generate numbers. I learned how to read different personalities and work with them to get the job done.
Management was wonderful at one point and then started to slip due to what I believe was a lot of pressure coming from people above them.
The culture, if you could place it in silos, was wonderful in some areas - some people really do live the Mission, which was important to me. However, again with healthcare changing it lost it's feel of compassion.

The most rewarding thing about the job was watching all of your hard work be realized when you new you had grown and nurtured important relationships, helping the patients, being able to know that some days - you really did make a difference in someone's life.
good place to work
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 26, 2018
co-workers were great, helping patients get the care they need, when they need it is what it is all about abd most folks knew that is what we were there to do - even management.
Good front line care givers poor executive nursing leadership
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Culture comes from top down and the top has no loyalty to its workers. Have seen too many good people driven out based on personal agendas... not based on professionalism, productivity or successes but on who individuals "like"!
Pros
Caring frontline staff
Cons
Nursing leadership
Overwork and micro managed
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 16, 2018
If you like working short staffed, stressed out, and enjoy being micromanaged this is the place to work. I can't wait to get out of this job. Hands down one of the worst hospitals I've worked at in a long career in Imaging. Understaffing in nearly every department but all the employees hear is...l the budget doesn't allow for anymore positions. I have enjoyed working with some good people but most leave as soon as something else is available. In my department the entire department minus one employee has left in one year. I've been an employee working at two of the locations and both were equally bad with the same issues.
Pros
plenty of shifts available & will let you work 60 plus hours
Cons
low pay, overworked, and micromanaged.
St. Vincents Cardiology
CMA (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 28, 2018
Ive worked at the Cardiology office on Kings st twice. Once was a Temporary position with a temp agency. The second time was Full time. The Cardiologist are awesome, the fast paced environment is on point, the staff was a little drama, but nothing you cant get around. The management is horrible. An Its a shame being that this is the biggest Cardiology office in Jacksonville. Some of the best Surgeons and doctors are here. Management however is never consistent. This is known all over. This office hasnt kept a manager for more then two consecutive years . Right now 1/28/2017 they have a manager named Robin Juniper. She was bought on from Family Care Partners. She brought Lynn Rust there an Kevin from Family Care Partners once she got into St. Vincent. These three only care about themselves.And if they dont like you personally they will build a case on you by fabricating information, writing you up, and eventually terminating you. I have a Case going on right now with the human rights commission, and i have doctors to back me up with how well of an employee i was. If this Manager is still managing at your interview. I wouldnt reconsider this postion.
Pros
Fast Paced, Cool Doctors
Cons
No Rep Lunches, Terrible Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Vincent's HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.