St. Vincent's Hospital Westchester Employee Reviews

great place to get clinical experience
Inpatient Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NYOctober 30, 2018
This was an unpaid internship for the master's program. I gained ample clinical skills specifically completing psychosocials and facilitating group meetings. Supervisor was extremely patient and helpful
Do not work here
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harrison, NYOctober 25, 2018
This is the most racist agency I have ever worked for in my life. They have no room for advancement, cases are extremely stressful, very poor management, and no raises.
Pros
Cons
everything
Horrible Experience
Program Manager of Supported Housing (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 5, 2018
Stay far away if you would like to keep your sanity. Tge CEO should evaluate the standard practice in the boroughs and upper management as their practices aren't conducive.
Social Work Intern
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NYSeptember 5, 2018
Staff and supervisor was supportive at Regan Residence. Experience was life changing. Staff were willing to help each other meet deadlines. My favorite internship experience.
Unprofessional Program Directors
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 4, 2018
Certain Program Directors are very unprofessional rude and condescending not to mention gossip and disrespect their staff. Admin doesn't help either despite the many complaints.
Program Directors responsible for overseeing multiple programs are known to come in agitated and take out their frustration on staff. This seems accepted by management who refused to address this and discipline these individuals despite having a high turnover rate and many complaints. They just turn a blind eye and allow this inappropriate behavior. It's not the worst place but you need thick skin and the ability to stand up for yourself when put in certain positions.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Rude and unprofessional Program Directors
Good if you are just starting out, or returning to the workforce, not a lot of room for advancement
CARE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Harrison, NYAugust 13, 2018
Supportive managers, however, case managers are often overworked with large case loads serving a difficult population, i.e. chronically homeless, severely mentally ill, co-occurring disorders.
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NYJune 13, 2018
Worked with adults and adolescents I found the job to be interesting and it had its demands but they were reasonable. The staff their are very professional in their interactions and were considerate when working with the clients. It was a place that had great concern with good positive outcomes.
Pros
Great work place.
Cons
Can't think of one.

Comment – June 15, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive work experience with us. We appreciate your kind words!

St Vincent Westchester have clinics in the Brooklyn area.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  211 Powell st. Brooklyn, NY 11212April 21, 2018
The supervisor is never there at the medical clinics, your work performance depends on whether your co workers like you personally. I would not work there. The security guards wear hoodies. I don't recommend anyone applying for the job.
Pros
Cons
Lack of supervision.
Politics
Credit and Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NYApril 3, 2018
Not really any to speak of.

Cons

Too many unqualified people in management positions and terrible staffing for excessive volumes.

Advice to Management

Put people first - PATIENTS AND everyone!
I wore many hats
Director of Volunteers (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NYFebruary 28, 2018
75% of my job was finance. I also ran the hospital gift shop doing all the buying, displaying and pricing of merchandise. I was also Director or Volunteer Services.
A Major Mistake.
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NYFebruary 20, 2018
This is the kind of outfit that lays off an employee with many years of service with one month of severance pay and health insurance coverage. There are also no limits to the increased demands and tasks/assignments added over time, and little appreciation by the Administration when these are miraculously kept up with nonetheless.
The quality of supervisors was also usually atrocious, consisting of people only really stopping in temporarily to advance their careers and then leaving soon. There were some good supervisors including the most recent however.
Great place to get your foot in the door!
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrison, NYJanuary 27, 2018
It's a great facility to learn about behavioral health. I've learned exceptional data entry and communication skills. It's a rather small hospital, so you adjust to familiar faces quite quickly. Good benefits.
Busy
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Being a part of a winning team promotes the success of the organization. As an Office Manager, I have the opportunity of working with the stakeholders. An example; I collaborate in the marketing, public relations, payable and receivable accounts, partnering with like providers.
Great team work and supportive co-workers on my unit
Staff RN on the Drug and Alcohol Inpatient Unit (Current Employee) –  Harrison, NYNovember 6, 2017
Great team work and supportive co-workers on my unit. Inadequate support from upper management and inadequate staffing creates unsafe environment at times
The culture of the hospital changed and not for the better ways
Behavioral Health Technician/Admisson triage (Current Employee) –  Harrison, NYOctober 17, 2017
I work for St.Vincent' s Hospital for more than 10 years and safety for psychiatric facility unfortunately is very weak. I love the people that I work with and what I do, but i would like to help people in other ways.
Pros
love the people that i work with
Cons
safety
Supervised housing and mental health services
Behavioral Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYSeptember 14, 2017
As a social service employee I supervised the management of housing, finances and medical care of clients within supported housing and scattered sites within the boroughs of Queens,Brooklyn, the Bronx and Port Chester NY, where I supervised a women's drug treatment facility. Time management and organization were key factors in the supervision of my caseload while servicing clients that were diagnosed with mental illnesses, previously homeless, incarcerated and substance abusers. Prior supervisory and operation management skills afforded me the opportunity to transition within a behavioral health field without sacrificing customer care, policy compliance and structured communication within a high intensity environment. My role allowed support of field teams and daily communication with medical treaters. I acquired the following elements in order to improve my work ethic and client relations: 1) data accuracy, 2) listening skills, 3) planning and preparation for successful interactions. The task of assisting in the improvement of clients health and welfare was rewarding daily. The difficult task was educating and encouraging clients to understand that with continued improvement of self esteem, focus and commitment an improvement in their mental health and lifestyle was genuinely possible.
Pros
working with a task oriented, results driven team
Cons
being stuck in new york gridlock on field visits
Review
Peer/Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 21, 2016
I enjoy the work that I do in Social Services at St. Josephs Medical Center. I have learned quite a bit about Care Coordination and have learned more about handling HASA Cases, Mental Health Cases, and Substance Abuse Cases.
Management here is wonderful.
My only concern is that I would like to advance in an opportunity for a higher paying salary but there seems to be no way to move up due to high credentialing requirements.
In order to complete my Bachelor's Degree I need more income to pay for my last year of undergrad.
Great place to Intern
Adolescent Partial Hospital Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NYMarch 16, 2015
I overall enjoyed my experiences at St. Vincent's as an intern. I was able to work within many different programs and learn about the hospital from each different program's perspective. I was also able to see how each program works together in some way contributing to the overall function of the hospital. There are many different programs and age groups in which I was able to gain experience with within the hospital. I also was able to develop great relationships with my co-workers and supervisors and felt supported by them.
Pros
Diverse
not a productive fun workplace
Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York ClinicsDecember 7, 2014
This company does not invest in the safety of their employees.
Pros
lunch and breaks are lenient
Cons
compensation; safety of employees
Productive and interesting
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NYAugust 25, 2014
Filed medical records and worked in group therapy. Lot of learning experiences.