St. Vincent's Hospital Employee Reviews

Not the same St. Vincent from years ago
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 23, 2018
Ascension ministry is trying to revamp all the hospitals within this system. Sisters of Charity are no longer are onsite and with this change, the corporate heads are making decisions based on greed and have gotten away from patient care and the core values. They have recently laid off employees that work in coding,billing and other departments. Earlier in the year, they laid off NICU nurses and doctors with only a day notice. They do this every couple of years with the intent to hire new employees that they can pay at a lower rate. They did this in 2012 as well and the CEO got a bonus that year. Raises are usually only about 20 cents. Healthcare is no longer the stable industry it once was.
Pros
Ability to get healthcare experience and work with a diverse clientele
Cons
Low pay, never know when they will start laying off, low raises
St Vincent Clay
Med Surge Tele RN (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLJune 22, 2018
Excellent management! Supplies were always available (which is sooo nice) facility is extremely clean and they pride themselves on excellent patient care.
St. Vincent is an hospital that values the aidet of the guest and patient care
Front Desk Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2018
I love working at St.Vincent. Their values and believes played a major part in my job and personal life. Being able to lend a helping hand to those that were in need impacted me as a person. It make me look at life in a whole different prospective.
Pros
Being able to make a difference in the patients and guests everyday life.
Cons
limited job security
no problems
Chef (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 19, 2018
Setting up food for lunches and dinners. Learned that not all management knows what they are doing in the beginning. The culture was a lot better when another company took over and added structure to the hospital
patient-centered care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2018
I really enjoy working for this hospital. I work on a med-surg floor so I learn something new every single day. It is a challenging unit but all the nurses on the unit are very helpful and it is a team effort.
not happy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 13, 2018
I was not a fan of working for
St Vincent, it was the other emplouees who turned me off it was difficult to get anyone to train me, they all wanted someone else to do the job, which in turn left me lost most of the time
was easy going and steady pace
Externship (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
I liked it, I was in CVOR department so I was unable to see all the instruments. I learned how to wrap items that was not in class. I wast too busy but I always had something to do. I was working here when Synergy came in and took over
Pros
was very informal
Cons
wasn't enough instruments to see
Amazing organization with excellent management
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2018
The staff genuinely care, not only for the patients, but for their families. They consistently go above and beyond the requirements in their job descriptions. The management on my unit was second to none, and restored my faith in the possibility of having a non-biased, "all ears" supervisor. My coworkers were the most compassionate individuals, and caring for the patients and families was truly a joy.
Not good
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2018
I was treated awful after being hurt on the job. Would not recommend to any nurses. They do no stand behind them, or support them. It load is to much and they do not take acuity into account with assignment
Quality food service
Dietetic Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2018
Nice environment, liked working with the staff and seeing the customers every day. Changes to the menu were right on time and tasted great after we prepared them.
A good place to start
Oncology-Medical Surgical RN (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MA 01608June 7, 2018
As a new nurse it is a good place to start, you'll have good training on telemetry, BLS, etc. Definitely overwhelming at first but there is so much to learn.
mission driven company
RN Resource Pool (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2018
St. Vincent truly is a company that lives by their Core values and helping within the community and serving the poor. Enjoyable place to work and plenty of opportunities to help and volunteer with in the community.
Productive and fun work environment.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 1, 2018
Excellent place to work, great environment, fun and easy going. Lots of benefits and pay is reasonable. I would highly recommend this job to anyone.
It is a good place to work in with a better management.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 31, 2018
St Vincent's is a great company under the umbrella of ascension. It's core values focuses on helping the poor and integrity. It has great benefits for full time employees.
Great people
Community Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2018
St Vincent's provided a great service to the community. Nice place to work and had the opportunity to meet great people. Management was caring and took good care of the team.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lack of funding for meaniful programs
Nice environment and good benefits.
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 21, 2018
Has a nice environment to work at with a cafeteria to use, nice benefits to take advantage of and Paid Time Off for vacation use, health, dental, vision and life insurance as well.
Pros
Benefits, vacation, friendly staff
Cons
Unsolicited changes in hours that don't fit with family, life. Lack of feedback and assistance with future growth in job
RN job
Nurse on Oncology floor caring for cancer patients (Former Employee) –  DublinMay 16, 2018
This hospital was located in Ireland and was many, many years ago. This was the beginning of my nursing career. I learned a lot about nursing as I started my career path here.
Great work environment, great people
Genetic Counseling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2018
The cancer genetics team at St. Vincent was one of the nicest, most welcoming group of professionals I have ever had the privilege of working with. I was for all intensive purposes, the secretary for the genetic oncology group- I scheduled appointments, sent out dictations, put together medical charts, updated the EMR, and assisted in a clinical trial put together by one of the counselors.
Great place to work and build.
Lead Painter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 14, 2018
I enjoyed working for Saint Vincent's Hospital before and I would love to work for Saint Vincent's Hospital again. Even though I was a painter I learned to do other things....
Very Busy
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2018
Never a real moment to sit. This area will def keep you on your feet. With so many associates that are counting on you, you have to learn a balance for yourself.
Pros
Great Enviroment
Cons
Very strong personalities