St. Vincent's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very productive - given much autonomy in my role as eve. supervising pharmacist
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2019
Much autonomy was left to the supervising pharmacist in the evening. It was very busy but the challenges were worthwhile and helped me to develop confidence that I could handle pretty much anything.
Management is poor
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALFebruary 6, 2019
The nurse manager there is a lunatic. If you’re not her friend then she fires you. If you don’t tail on everybody in the facility she fires you. If you’re friends with people she doesn’t like she fires you. Run!!!!!
Pros
Could be a great place to work
Cons
Management stinks
Lots Of Changes
Dell Computers IT Specialist/Project Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 24, 2019
The field services department is going through its 3rd change since I worked there last. Hartford Hospital has purchased St V's so I can't tell you what is to come.
Pros
Lot's of work
Cons
Hard to move around and learn.
Nice place to work
Radiology Aide/ Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 8, 2019
good pay. chance for advancement. overtime was available, paid vacation,good health insurance,teamwork,close to home management could of been better at the time.
Pros
good pay, close to home, chance for advancement
Cons
management
Productive, fun worklplace
Surgical ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 20, 2018
Was a good workplace. Minimal use of computers at the time and workers accomplished expected work during shift writing progress notes manually and able to provide primary/ team nursing efficiently.
Proactive Security Officer
Security Officer - Part-time (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 14, 2018
I have been a security officer at this site for 7 months. I only work there part-time on the weekend, so I still enjoy it. Each weekend is different because patients are admitted and discharged daily so there are always different personalities to encounter. If you are looking for a challenging and ever changing environment then this is the place to work.
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
Breaks are mandatory, but you technically work through them
Poor management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 28, 2018
Poor management, poor pay, lack of supervision, poor communication, poor benefits, work environment is incredibly stressful. Minor mistakes can be blown out of proportion. Feel underappreciated.
Clinical Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 20, 2018
Nurses and doctors are great too work with as well as any other staff everyone is very friendly love to help and assist the patients , coworkers , doctors.
Productive and friendly diverse environment
Receptionist Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 7, 2018
Loved working at the walk-in at St.Vincent Medical Center, we were a family. Everyone work together and helped each other how is suppose to be. Excellent doctors and nurses.
A great place to begin a career in the operating room.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 1, 2018
The variety of surgical services is wide. There is great encouragement to learn as much as possible. I am typically very busy every work day. The amount of cases I have varies on the surgical service I am assigned to day-to-day.
Avoid
Dell Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 23, 2018
It was very scary how unorganized IT at a hospital was. Job description that I was giving by the recruiter was not that same as what was done at the job. The team lead was never at the location and was very difficult to get a hold of when you needed him. Possibilities of being hired on full time was very low. No reason to stay.
Pros
Cons
Lack of orgainzation, Inconsistent job responsibilities
Radiologic Technologist PT/PRN (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CT 06606July 5, 2018
The catholic organization is a great place to work, always putting patient needs above the dollar. Flexible shifts, great tuition reimbursement program that encourages employees to further their education.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Short staffed
A typical day at work
Medical Secretary/ Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 13, 2018
I worked the morning shift. Its usually busy. Everyone works together to go up and beyond for patients. We give good quality care. Management always worked well with us. if we had an issue they hear us out and try to resolve it.
Pros
Great team work
Expected so much more
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 10, 2018
Before working for Ascension, I was warned against applying by other people that I knew who worked there previously. I wanted Hospital experience and I applied regardless. I was hired in May 2017 and only stayed there for a few months for personal reasons. My time there was very monotonous and mundane. There was a lot of rude behavior and back stabbing by other nurses ans co workers.. The environment was toxic so my decision to leave was an easy one.
Pros
Healthcare Experience
Cons
Ignorant behavior from co workers, demeaning Management, low morale, very few smiles
good team work
Registered Nurse - ICU (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 6, 2018
good team work , allowed me opportunity to grow within my field. Full time work where I was able to learn new skills daily and apply them to my practice with confidence.
Nursing student
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 23, 2018
I was a nursing student at the program attached to the hospital. I did not work, but I was able to continue to grow as a future nurse in the Nursing School Program.
Fun volunteer experience
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 18, 2018
I enjoyed conversing with patients in the emergency room setting, something I had never experienced before. I got to talk to other healthcare staff such as doctors, nurses, and PAs, which was a nice interaction for someone pursuing a career in healthcare.
Pros
Having a point system to keep track of progress
Cons
Somewhat disorganized
Great growth opportunity
Clinical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 8, 2018
St. Vincents Hospital has been a great opportunity to grow and learn. However, with my position there isn't much room for growth. Each floor has a team and everyone works their hardest to make sure patients are comfortable and feel at ease with their stay at St. Vincents.
Pros
Team building, Compassion
Cons
Insurance Plan, Lack of Pay Raise
Not what I needed
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 19, 2018
People looking to work for a charitable hospital may find something here, those individuals who are looking for a second job, or a "retirement job" where they can help the community might also find something here. I want a job that will pay my bills. Saint Vincent's failed to provide that.
Pros
You work for a good cause
Cons
You do not get paid well for it
very doom and gloom culture
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 4, 2018
Management takes no pride in their employees, is always having ridiculous meetings telling employees how bad finances are. Very negative work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Vincent's Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Vincent's Medical Center Reviews by Location