St. Vincent's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Catholic atmosphere
Unit Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 5, 2019
I love the atmosphere there. I loved the fact that they did not turn people away if they did nit have insurance. They were willing to help with life and spirituality.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
It was a great place to work
EEG Technician/Business OV Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2019
Due to cut back costs sad to say I retired from the hospital. Otherwise I would still be working there. I loved the people and it was an awesome place to work
too many changes
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverside, FLApril 21, 2019
hospital policies constantly changing, needs better equipment, outdated, the floor nurses are nice for the most part, but the hospital floats you all over, regardless of training or experience
Over all workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 14, 2019
High volume hospital.. Great co- workers.. Get to learn a little of everything that pertains to all aspects of the pharmacy department.. Great place to learn hands on
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Must complete overnight shifts periodically
productive work environment
Registered Nurse, float department (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 13, 2019
-Nurses are very supportive of each other,
-management is great.
-I have learned a lot, I still have a lot to learn.
-the hardest part of the job is going to different units on a daily basis
-the most enjoyable is nurses rely on each other.
Great place to work once you find your fit
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2019
I really enjoyed working with St. Vincent's once I got to a place that I absolutely loved in the hospital. It makes you see how great the overall ministry really is and I have really enjoyed my time there.
Nice company to work for
Medical Assistant/Pulmonary (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 28, 2019
Will recommend to others. There are a lot of great people at the company. The atmosphere is nice and they appreciate hard workers. It's overall good.
Great place work
Clinical Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 21, 2019
I truly enjoyed working nights at ST. Vincents all the night staff was very nice to me when ever I could not figure out a doctors hand written order the nurses would help me even if that meant calling the doctor at 2:00 am to help me figure out what the order said instead telling me wait until 6am then I will call the doctor for you. I learned that it is always good be good to other people and they will be good to you and to be a great team player. we also had great night nursing supervisors that would always bring us snacks in. I like that no matter what department I worked in everyone was so loving and kind to me.The hardest part of my job was getting to know a patient then all sudden that patient dies it was always so hard to lose a pt. The most thing that I Loved about my Job was knowing that I helping people in need of help.
Very productive - given much autonomy in my role as eve. supervising pharmacist
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2019
Much autonomy was left to the supervising pharmacist in the evening. It was very busy but the challenges were worthwhile and helped me to develop confidence that I could handle pretty much anything.
Management is poor
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALFebruary 6, 2019
The nurse manager there is a lunatic. If you’re not her friend then she fires you. If you don’t tail on everybody in the facility she fires you. If you’re friends with people she doesn’t like she fires you. Run!!!!!
Pros
Could be a great place to work
Cons
Management stinks
Lots Of Changes
Dell Computers IT Specialist/Project Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 24, 2019
The field services department is going through its 3rd change since I worked there last. Hartford Hospital has purchased St V's so I can't tell you what is to come.
Pros
Lot's of work
Cons
Hard to move around and learn.
Nice place to work
Radiology Aide/ Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 8, 2019
good pay. chance for advancement. overtime was available, paid vacation,good health insurance,teamwork,close to home management could of been better at the time.
Pros
good pay, close to home, chance for advancement
Cons
management
Productive, fun worklplace
Surgical ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 20, 2018
Was a good workplace. Minimal use of computers at the time and workers accomplished expected work during shift writing progress notes manually and able to provide primary/ team nursing efficiently.
Proactive Security Officer
Security Officer - Part-time (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 14, 2018
I have been a security officer at this site for 7 months. I only work there part-time on the weekend, so I still enjoy it. Each weekend is different because patients are admitted and discharged daily so there are always different personalities to encounter. If you are looking for a challenging and ever changing environment then this is the place to work.
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
Breaks are mandatory, but you technically work through them
Poor management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 28, 2018
Poor management, poor pay, lack of supervision, poor communication, poor benefits, work environment is incredibly stressful. Minor mistakes can be blown out of proportion. Feel underappreciated.
Clinical Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 20, 2018
Nurses and doctors are great too work with as well as any other staff everyone is very friendly love to help and assist the patients , coworkers , doctors.
Productive and friendly diverse environment
Receptionist Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 7, 2018
Loved working at the walk-in at St.Vincent Medical Center, we were a family. Everyone work together and helped each other how is suppose to be. Excellent doctors and nurses.
A great place to begin a career in the operating room.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 1, 2018
The variety of surgical services is wide. There is great encouragement to learn as much as possible. I am typically very busy every work day. The amount of cases I have varies on the surgical service I am assigned to day-to-day.
Avoid
Dell Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 23, 2018
It was very scary how unorganized IT at a hospital was. Job description that I was giving by the recruiter was not that same as what was done at the job. The team lead was never at the location and was very difficult to get a hold of when you needed him. Possibilities of being hired on full time was very low. No reason to stay.
Pros
Cons
Lack of orgainzation, Inconsistent job responsibilities
Radiologic Technologist PT/PRN (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CT 06606July 5, 2018
The catholic organization is a great place to work, always putting patient needs above the dollar. Flexible shifts, great tuition reimbursement program that encourages employees to further their education.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Vincent's Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Vincent's Medical Center Reviews by Location