St. Vincent's Medical Center Employee Reviews

fun work place
Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2018
I would work for this company again, I enjoyed the bond between the management team and the support team. I enjoyed working with this company and will return after I finish school.
great team
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 1, 2018
Wonderful to work here. I have completed my Doctorate in Nursing Practice and I am an HIV Specialist, now I would like to pursue a career as a Medical Science Liason in the pharmaceutical world
Pros
flexible
Cons
there are none
Fast paced
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 1, 2018
The nursing team were not very helpful/supportive in training New graduate nurses. Would be a good place to work if offered better training and more supportive nurses.
Pros
Hospital environment very clean.
Cons
Poor training
Excelent employer and work enviromeny
Registered Nurse, Telemetry/ICCU (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 13, 2018
Excellent outstanding work environment.Maney opportunities to advance and excel within the hospital. Educational and certification programs to enhance your professional skills
Pros
Employee Events
Cons
Excellent benefits
Working at St Vincent's was a stressful experience.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 13, 2018
The CNA's were frequently over loaded with patients. There were many days when I had 12 patients or more to take care of. Over the years St Vincent's increased the work load for the CNA's. Being full-time means working 12 hour shifts to get your benefit package. The hospital environment is stressful, and you take your chances with the people factor. I had time when the people factor was good and I had time when the people wasn't good.
Pros
Benefit package is complete for full-time employees
Cons
Frequently worked short-handed.
great place
Orthopedic Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 6, 2018
St. Vincent's felt like home. It was a great place to gain experience as a nurse and to grow my knowledge. They offered reimbursement and a lot of other educational opportunities.
great culture and values exemplified
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 20, 2018
Great place to work and gives compassionate care to patient. Values are exemplified by most staff. Staffing for nurses is an issue in some floors and hopefully would be resolved soon.
nurse practitioner
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 18, 2018
amazing coworkers. decent compensation. management was stingy about taking unforseen sick days off. very appreciative patient population. No real job culture. people mainly just punch in and punch out.
First hospital job
ACP, Associate Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 15, 2018
I worked here while I was attending nursing school as a patient tech. It was a positive experience and had flexible scheduling to fit my demanding class load in nursing school
Great experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to work with a wonderful staff that were truly kind people. Lots of good experience and I was never afraid to ask questions. Work hours were over full time.
Not a bad place to work, but could be better
Administrator of Staffing and Nursing Services (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 13, 2018
Would have been a good place to work, but the outdated systems affected productivity.
The culture of the work place was relaxed.
Hardest part of the job was using the old computer programs. It's been a few years...hopefully they've been updated.
This place is a joke!!!!
Facilitator/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 6, 2018
This company does not take care of their employees, they do not follow the guidelines that is written in there employee handbook. They play favoritism here, they don't take advice from their employees about how things are ran here. This company is about money and not about people. For this to be a religious organization, there is not the religious about it. its all $$$$$$$. I have donated 4% of my check every two weeks and felt like nothing was being used with our donation. Our department along with a few others doesn't have cups to drink coffee, a clean coffee pot to drink out of and there are big nasty roaches drawing around on the floors . I also took pictures! This hospital need a face over, needs to be clean and sanitized better. ER staff needs to have an attitude adjustment along with some other management in the hospital. This hospital expects you to go around and be snitches and watch what everyone does and not their own actions... but at least I enjoyed working with some people. I have worked in hospitals near the project homes and it was never this bad ...at least the roaches stayed in the basement near broken pipes and water......St Vincent s get it together
Pros
will always have work, just not the shift you want
Cons
no money
Loved my time working here, great atmosphere and wonderful people to work with.
Labor and Delivery Staff Nurse, Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, FloridaFebruary 4, 2018
Loved my time working here, great atmosphere and wonderful people to work with. Management is very understanding and fair. Physicians and midwives are great to work with.
My first RN job
Registered Nurse - Post Open Heart Step Down Unit (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 31, 2018
This was my first RN job. I learned so much. The management was always there to help support the staff. We worked had but worked together. I was a fun and great place to learn.
My most enjoyable part of my job
Advocate-Bariatric Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 30, 2018
I love helping people. Weight is a big issue in our society with a lot of health problems that come with being overweight. I love it when a patient is able to accomplish losing unneeded pounds and improving their health and well being.
Pros
Helping patients, health of patients
Cons
Non compliant patients.
Non for profit agency with service to the poor
CRC for CDU and Post Cardiac Catheterization Unit (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 23, 2018
St. Vincent's is a family oriented facility with service to the poor. The staff genuinely care about their patients and the care they give. The staff loves to learn and holds high expectations for themselves.
Consistent Hours
Clinical Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 22, 2018
My overall opinion of ST Vs was good, nurses were overworked and cranky. Training was good and always support available when needed. The hours were great for someone who is raising a family. I only left because I wanted to continue a banking career.
Pros
close to home
Cons
work on holidays
It is a very productive place to work
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 22, 2018
Working at St Vincent's is a good thing, as it has helped me grow as an individual and a professional. I have learned a lot more in my role as a scheduler.

It has a very inclusive work culture, and makes the team environment like a family.

The hardest part of the job is when people don't take responsibility for mistakes, but overall, they are always willing to help out when there is a lag in service.
Pros
A good place to work.
Cons
Short breaks
Making a difference in my Patients lives
Assist nurses or physicians (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 16, 2018
I worked here many years ago. My job was very different from what today would be. There have been many changes. I just loved my job I loved going into work every day
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2018
It was a great place to work. People were friendly, management was great and pay was ok. I loved working there but it was too far for me to drive from Palm Coast

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Vincent's Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.