St. Vincent Charity Medical Center Employee Reviews

Internship
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 14, 2018
I interned at St. Vincent Medical Hospital in their medical coding department. I was there a short time and during that time I did enjoy working there. I did not apply for a permanent position due to location. I live in Vermilion Township.
Great
Medical Secretary/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44115October 31, 2018
St vincent is a great place to work everyone is very polite and helpful along with being team player and working together at all time to make patient feel comfortable and well taking care of
Great starting point for me
Surgical Lounge Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 20, 2018
The people I worked for were top notch. Very professional yet friendly, kind and easy to work for. I was in charge of the surgery schedule and made sure families of the patients were well informed and given my utmost attention to what they may be going through.
Pros
Great working enviorment
Great Place to work!
Physcial Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioOctober 2, 2018
Excellent work environment. Very supportive management and co-workers. Hospital's ethics are outstanding and provide a safe and comfortable work place. Extremely friendly environment with very helpful staff throughout the hospital.
Pros
supportive management and staff.
Cons
not enough work hours
Nice place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 20, 2018
- Responsible for restocking medications in Pyxis machine.
- Assisted the pharmacists in the preparation and distribution of narcotic and controlled substances to hospital areas.
- Prepared sterile I.V. admixtures under a laminar flow hood for distribution to all hospital areas.
- Responsible for delivering patient medications to designated hospital floors.
- Responsible for Cart fill and Pyxis fill
Great place to work!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2018
Excellent place to work! Very busy office and provided lots of experience and interaction with diverse cultures. I triaged patients and assisted physcian.
Pros
understaffed
Cons
Great team
Family setting
Medical Assistant / Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 27, 2018
Loved working there family setting great place if its your first hospital job you will learn alot and get the experience of working with patinets of all ages, color, gender
Community Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 25, 2018
St. Vincent is a family working environment. It focuses on the needs of the community and carry out their mission to the community. I recall one of Sisters stating, we are here to treat people the way Christ would.
A wonderful work environment
Medical Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 24, 2018
Though I started with a fairly low-level position at St. Vincent, I've been SO impressed my entire time there! They've been helping pay (almost all) my tuition while in nursing school AND gave me a leave of absence to help with full-time classes over the summer. Both the nursing supervisors and the nursing managers have been generous with my schedule, which is more than one can say for other, larger hospitals.

I'm also super impressed with the overall quality of the staff. Many patients (and fellow nursing students!) have remarked to me, "I really didn't know what to expect from St. Vincent, but I've been very pleasantly surprised!"

Great work atmosphere, union membership, and plenty of opportunities to move up the ladder! I will not be leaving anytime soon! :)
Pros
free parking, PTO and sick leave, full benefits, good pay, union membership
Cons
short breaks (like all hospital work)
A jewel in the City
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 22, 2018
One truly has to believe from their heart in this nursing profession that she makes a difference in another human's life to continue working day-to-day with a smile on her face in this physically and emotionally demanding job.

St. Vincent Charity Medical Center strives to provide an environment of kind and compassionate caregiving in a world that is growing increasingly impatient and often angry. And for the most part - we pull it off - sometimes at a cost to the dedicated staff.

Repeatedly - and somehow - we rally. Again and again.

Make no mistake that nursing is HARD work - here at SVCMC - and everywhere you might be looking for that "perfect" job.
Pros
Free employee parking, friendly staff and physicians
poor management
Radiologic Technologist, PRN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 16, 2018
poor management from the manager especially while passing duties onto an unexperienced tech who became supervisor just because they hold a bachelors degree
productive always busy
Solon Emergency Department Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 2, 2018
It was a pleasure to work at St. Vincent Charity Medical Center. It was my first job. I would like to find a job closer to home. I started out working in the Emergency Room, advanced to running my own department, I worked for 32yrs.
Pros
Religious facility
Cons
Just far from home
staff seem stressed and were rude
Lead contact (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2018
Pressured and not trusted, made to feel like we knew nothing or was new to the field. We were trained quickly and were left to figure a lot out by ourselves due to steps being omitted.
Pros
met some nice people
Cons
made to feel insecure
never know what kind of day you will have in the ER
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 23, 2018
It is always changing day to day and just wish is was more room for advancement. it is a very diverse place to work and the staff is very friendly. If you are a nurse it would be a great organization to work for
travel RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 20, 2018
It has been a very long time since I worked here. The only thing I really remember is that this was an inner city hospital with alot of drug addicts and it was very busy. If I remember right the staff was very helpful and friendly.
Pros
staff friendly
Cons
extremely busy
Good Place to work and retire from
Medical Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 31, 2018
Employed several years with St.V's til my retirement. It was very family oriented place to work when I first got hired there and some days were very stressful, but you got a chance to meet people, the benefit package was great and management was good in some departments,but not all. I love my job working in Medical Records as an Analyst and I miss the people since my retirement.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
short of help most of the time
HIPAA was spelled wrong in your Career presentation.
Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 28, 2018
St Vincent is a great Company to work for, the environment is friendly, people there love their Careers and value the job, some are just there for the paycheck but for the most part Caregivers are really there for the quality care of the Patient's.
Working at St. Vincent Charity Medical Center is a great match for my needs.
Art therapist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 23, 2018
I find my position here at SVCMC to be just what I need, allowing me the time and energy to best serve our client population. I truly enjoy coming to work every day. I facilitate groups on the Behavioral Health units daily.
Pros
Great opportunities, strong therapy team
Cons
Small group rooms on some units
Relaxed and Enjoyable
PATIENT ACCESS INTERVIEWER (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMarch 23, 2018
The Emergency department had a very low patient volume and as a result the ED closed and was converted into and Urgent Care Facility. During my tenure I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers from the front desk, nursing staff, physicians, and cleaning staff.
Pros
Relaxed and Joyous environment
Cons
Hate that it closed
Very nice people
Admiting Specialist- Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 15, 2018
Very nice people to work with, got to help patients.
Stressful at times with covering when someone did not show up, sometimes you had to do double shifts.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
hours, traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Vincent Charity Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Vincent Charity Medical Center Reviews by Location