ST. VINCENT CHARITY MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Place to work and retire from
Medical Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 31, 2018
Employed several years with St.V's til my retirement. It was very family oriented place to work when I first got hired there and some days were very stressful, but you got a chance to meet people, the benefit package was great and management was good in some departments,but not all. I love my job working in Medical Records as an Analyst and I miss the people since my retirement.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
short of help most of the time
HIPAA was spelled wrong in your Career presentation.
Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 28, 2018
St Vincent is a great Company to work for, the environment is friendly, people there love their Careers and value the job, some are just there for the paycheck but for the most part Caregivers are really there for the quality care of the Patient's.
Working at St. Vincent Charity Medical Center is a great match for my needs.
Art therapist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 23, 2018
I find my position here at SVCMC to be just what I need, allowing me the time and energy to best serve our client population. I truly enjoy coming to work every day. I facilitate groups on the Behavioral Health units daily.
Pros
Great opportunities, strong therapy team
Cons
Small group rooms on some units
good
Radiologic Technologist/Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 4, 2018
Learned a lot in my rotation thru surgery. Felt more like a part of a team in the surgery environment than x-ray. Management allowed cross training into other modalities. However, technologists were allowed to get out of being trained in surgery, which often presented problems because often 4 or 5 technologists were needed in surgery cases.
n/a
General Practice Resident (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 4, 2018
big change of program

all old management fired/left

totally new management

totally new policy

totally new policy clinically.

No discounted fee schedule.

Emphasized too much on production
I do like it, but now I am having second thoughts
MENTAL HEALTH TECH AND PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 20, 2018
I work PRN and I was told I can pick up and work whenever. Well, I put myself on the schedule a lot. I was told to call in at 2100 to see if I was working and sometimes I would and sometimes I would not. which is understandable, sometimes I am needed, and sometimes I am not. But every time I did work, they have me do sitter cases things I am not suppose to technically be doing since I was a Mental Health Tech. not an STNA. The managers/ supervisors never keep you updated on anything so you were always needing continue education constantly. It get irritating after awhile, scheduling yourself and possibly getting lucky on working 1 day out of the 7 you scheduled yourself.
Great place to start your career
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 8, 2017
St. Vincent Medical Center is a decent place to start your career. They have competitive compensation, a relaxed low speed work environment, and few consequences.
Beautiful family oriented work environment
Registered Nurse-Behavioral Health (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 22, 2017
Friendly family oriented work environment with dedicated staff in all departments.Would recommend this employer to others due to workplace culture and union benefits.
Not a good hospital for an RN
Medical Surgical Telemetry RN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 16, 2017
All of their equipment is outdated so you will not develop skills with today's technology at all. Management is inexperienced and unprofessional. Bad experience.
Employees are just a number
N/A (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 15, 2017
This organization has a Human Resource Department that does absolutely nothing. They will pretend to care about issues you may have then not only do nothing about it but repeat everything you have said (including sharing your name) with management who in turn repeats the information to others (including the person you had issues with). Then you are retaliated against. Even though they say they have a no retaliation policy. The managers come and go as they please and one or two in particular who had numerous complaints against them by numerous employees at various locations received no disciplanary action. They continue to treat employees bad. They do not practice what they preach. They have done many unethical things as well but just sweep it under the rug. They get rid of great employees but keep others that do nothing. Favortism and neputism run rampant. This organization has not potential because the leadership doesnt make enough effort to gain business. It is going down hill fast. Employee morale is at an all time low. I am looking for another job as I type.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Terrible management, they pretend to care what you have to say then hold it against you.
Loved it!!!
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 1, 2017
Loved it! I Collaborated with most physicians, cardiology, vascular surgery, vascular med, internal med, CT surgery.

I helped write order sets, worked on chest pain center accreditation.
Pros
Loved the work environment, possibilities
Cons
salary
Close family
Special Procedures Imaging Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed the fast paced work in critical care and should have stayed their instead of going to Radiology where the manager had no clue what nurses do in that department. I wrote all policies and procedures for nursing them she hired a nurse with no interest in the position
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Bad Administrative support
Committed to serving the community
RN (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 24, 2017
St. Vincent Charity Medical Center is a faith based hospital dedicated to education and serving the poor. The caregivers at Charity Hospital recognize each person's contribution in the delivery of quality care to our patient population.
Nice place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 3, 2017
This is a caring kind teaching hospital. I've been here for 4 years now and I've learned a lot! I plan to stay and further my education as well as my career.
No comments
Certified Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 26, 2017
No comments as I suspect SVMC is similar to other hospitals in the Toledo area. I've learned that we are all part of the hospital staff team to enhance/benefit patient care..
Hospital Staff are very knowledgable
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2017
EVS department management sucks. Rumors about personal business are started by management. Sad. No reward for doing a great job. Strong lack of motivation in a condescending and negative environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Great opportunity to learn and work with community
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 9, 2017
Fast paced at times but a good opportunity as a new nurse to learn about managing patient care and time. The hospital praises compassion. Sometimes there are cutbacks and that can hinder patient satisfaction. Auxiliary assistance is short. Shift differential pay is nice and there is no hierarchy regarding education. Very community oriented.
Pros
Free uniforms, union, benefits
Cons
Nursing aid short
It was a nice place to work, management was weak
Protective Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 19, 2017
I worked with some exceptional people that made a positive impact on my work and the environment. Unfortunately many of the managers and administrators were just phoning it in.
Pros
Happy and welcoming enviorment
Cons
Unorganized and little follow through on improvement.
Great learning experience
General Practice Residency (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 5, 2017
Excellent academic center and also provided with a fulfilling clinical experience. State of the art infrastructure. Approachable and knowledgeable teaching staff.
Awesome learning experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 17, 2017
I love this job and all the learning benefits of it. great experience. Great team! I immediately felt comfortable with the work duties.