St. Vincent Family Center Employee Reviews

Fun but stressful place to work.
Residential Adaptive Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 5, 2018
A typical day at work is very stressful. If you like working with kids and helping others you will enjoy working here. The management is great and the people in general are really nice. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the behavioral issues and the most enjoyable part is knowing that you are helping these kids prepare for when they do find a caring and loving family to go home to.
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
Very Stressful
great work place
Adaptive Behavioral Specialist (ABS) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2018
this is a great place to work if you truly love kids but some of the staff will try to get under your skin. this is a place you have to restrain and keep the kids safe the kids will grow on you
Pros
staff and the food here
Cons
close to home, great boss, family people
A rewarding, yet severely under compensated workplace
Community Psychiatric Support (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 30, 2018
As a full time employees for St. Vincent, there are so many important aspects of a Community Psychiatric Support Team member, but with so little training up front, it Is hard to not feel inadequate being thrown into the community on your own.
Productive and fun place to work
Admin/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 5, 2018
Learned a lot about children from different ages and different attitudes. Work place was amazing, and enjoyed everyone who worked there. Hardest part was seeing children not going home to parents.
Great bosses, low pay
Community Family Intervention Provider (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 24, 2018
The amount of requirement that comes with this job is heavy. It's unfortunate because I feel valued by my bosses, however financially I don't feel valued. I do SO much, bending over backwards for families, meeting productivity, maintaining paperwork, etc, and get paid terribly. That's SWK for you though.
Pros
Great PTO and benefits.
Cons
Low pay
St, Vincent
Intake sorting files and filing back (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2017
Great review of problems and intake and outtake of problem patients.
The children do get a lot of counseling and interaction. Loved volunteering. Great experience!
Pros
great hours
Cons
Long paperwork sorting and filing.
You help a lot of kids but agency only cares about clients not employees
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Columbus ohioNovember 2, 2017
If you are thinking about applying here, don’t do it! You will get paid better working retail! This is a very stressful job and the only way to advance in agency is by being friends with higher ups. Very political when it comes to advancement and very low pay for how much is expected of you.
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
Management, hours work life balance
Stressful
Therapeutic Preschool Clinician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43205August 23, 2017
Great job making a difference with children and families. Leadership could do better in providing positive feedback. Pay is not sufficient for credentials.
Pros
Working with families
Cons
Pay and Leadership
Stressful work environment. lack of surpport from management.
Residential Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2017
The proper management is very important in establishing a supportive safe environment for both the clients and staff. The lack of proper training for the support staff makes for a hostile work environment
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks, lack of support from management
Potential of Growth
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 10, 2017
St. Vincent Family Center was a great opportunity for personal and professional growth. I learned a lot about myself, and what it takes to become a great leader.
Fun atmosphere but little time for yourself.
CPST (Current Employee) –  All of Franklin CountyApril 18, 2017
I enjoy working for Svfc, but have a large caseload and by the time I get home for the day it is 7 (at the earliest) and I still have to make dinner, do laundry, etc. I feel like I don't have any time left for myself Monday-Friday.
Meaningful work
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 10, 2017
I feel valued in my position at the agency. I have worked her for a number of years and I feel passionate about the work that I do to help children who have suffered from trauma and are acting out their feelings negatively. I get the chance to make them feel valued and to teach them better choices and ways to express themselves. Staff are encouraged not to work more than 40 hours per week in order to maintain a healthy work/ life balance.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Hearing the impact of Trauma in Children
Unproductive work place
Adaptive Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 9, 2017
Too much work for no pay. No support from management. Extremely stressful environment. Think twice before applying. Not enough training to be productive on the job.
St Vincent provides many great resources to children and their families.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 22, 2016
I worked at St Vincent for over five years in an administrative support capacity. In that time I was able to connect with many of students, clients, and staff. Mostly everyone is there for the same reason. The person that heads the support staff, is unprofessional, inexperienced, and bullies those she supervises. Although, she herself cannot perform the duties of the staff she supervises. Many exit interviews have included all of the issues with this staff member and it has fallen on deaf ears. They provide great resources but the staff is ruining the place.
Pros
Great benefits, paid time off
Cons
Treatment of staff each other
Excellent and Supportive Place to Work
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 18, 2016
Though I was shocked to learn about all the various programs and services that St. Vincent's provides to the community, this organization still feels like a family. People in every department work together and are committed to the mission to help make good kids better. I left a job that I loved to come here, and still have no regrets with my decision. I feel supported, I have a great team of coworkers, and the salary, benefits and perks are very generous here. We do work with struggling families and children with some tough behaviors, but we love what we do, and it's all worth it when you see the kids and families flourishing.
Pros
Supportive culture/ atmosphere, Generous salaries, perks and benefits, Enthusiastic and friendly coworkers
Cons
Emotional work with children and families
Stressful workplace
Adaptive Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 2, 2015
Shift Supervisors and some co-workers were friendly and helpful. The upper management were very rude and hard to work with. The work itself was not easy but, very fulfilling. I loved serving the community and helping the youth.
Opportunity to learn skills in the mental health field
Community Psychiatric Support Treatment Provider (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2015
Working at SVFC can be a challenge, but has a ton of opportunity for reward. Often, it takes a lot of time to see the benefit in the work that you do which can be disheartening. If an employee makes it through the learning curve challenges of the first few months, the reward of client success is extremely heart warming. The leadership is filled with compassionate people who are truly invested in the goal of making good kids better. Even with such a focus towards helping kids, every business still has a bottom line. The requirements that need to be met can be the biggest stressor for the job. Overall, the agency offers life experience that you cannot gain through education. It is hands on and applicable to many different levels and types of mental health and social work jobs.
Pros
Generous PTO
Cons
unreliable cases
nice job to have if you have patience to work with behavioral kids
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 8, 2015
One of my most favorite jobs. I would love to work there again. I loved working with the kids. The job taught me a lot. I had the chance to connect with some of the young ladies that were going through the same issues I faced as a child
Pros
encourage education
Cons
facility does not work as a whole
Pediatric behavioral health
Behavior Specialist-Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2014
St. Vincent Family Centers provides high quality, specialized services for children with emotional and behavioral health needs. By helping children and families, St. Vincent Family Centers is strengthening our community one family at a time.
Every one within the company was friendly and great at supporting each other as team members.
St. Vincent Family Center
Community Psychiatric Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2013
do not apply here. Even if you are desperate. Do not apply here. They are terrible, wicked people and have no clue as to what they're doing
Cons
management