St. Vincent Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Basic Medical Reception
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 1, 2018
The job was fine and is a great job for someone that just needs a paycheck as it did not offer much room for advancement or challenge. I enjoyed my coworkers and learned some new tasks while there.
great
Registered Nurse, BSN (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72205January 18, 2018
great company to work for, great people, great team. everyone works well together and are very respectful of one another without prejudice. great nurses
Pros
great
Very fast pace
Cross Functional Associate (Current Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 4, 2017
Start with your work scheduled ,start planning for the day By lining up case carts and equipment to be used that day. Respond to O.R. calling for help and transporting patient.
Pros
Good benafits
Cons
Long days and short help
Not good
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 12, 2017
All in the first week my locker had no lock despite being told it did and then told to bring my own lock, my badge was still not working at the end of the first week, told to complete 23 training modules (most of them 20-50 minutes) withing 3 hours, my "trainer" constantly left to go eat, there were always false accusations made against me, and I did not get paid at all despite doing everything correctly with the time sheet
fun and productive
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 27, 2017
The Project addressed financial services and products including retail banking,business mobile banking and cash management ofuniversal banks worldwide
Professional
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 13, 2017
I was able to gain leadership skills, customer service skills, and office skills during my time here as an employee. The staff was family oriented and professional.
Overall an OK hospital
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 12, 2016
Good processes in place and is a Magnet hospital. They have an extreme nursing shortage presently. Needs more middle managers. Staff is skilled and knowledgeable. Some areas are very short which leads to nurses working far too many hours and become burned out.
Pros
Magnet hospital, Nursing Union, Excellent staff & Doctors
Cons
Some departments severely short.
Fast pace and fun
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 18, 2015
I had a blast with my team on 4west/ 4 south at time there. The people I work with didn't like just being still and boring. Yeah at first team had to be shown by example but was easily pick up.
Pros
Different calendar celebrations
Great Job
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 25, 2015
Great place to work love the environment. The employees was very good to work with and very attentive. The overall job was very good and I enjoyed working there
Pros
Good Place to work
Cons
Professionalism
A typical day of work
Medical Librarian (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 19, 2014
Everyday was different. I enjoyed working my coworkers. I learned something new everyday
Pros
Learning something new everyday.
Cons
When my job was eliminated
Good Entry Job!
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 6, 2014
Everyone I work with is really nice and good people. They kinda put to much on your hands tho and they keep adding work to your job description every year. But over all its a good first time job.
Pros
Co-Workers, Environment, Pay
Cons
Management, PTO Paid Vacations, Benefits
Fun Workplace
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 25, 2014
Assist with all other office administrative duties. Handles confidential information such as; patient medical records and personal information
Fast pace
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 3, 2014
This is a fast growing organization that demands a fast pace. They expect excellence and nothing less.
Creative atmosphere with never a dull moment
Web Administrator, Videographer, Photographer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 29, 2013
St. Vincent Infirmary was awarded Magnet status and voted the best hospital by US News and World Report. Can't do better than that.
Social Media/ Tech Advancement Representative (Current Employee) –  little rock, arkansasJuly 9, 2013
College job to get me experience in an office setting and working with a team.
Exciting place to work with the comfort of knowing you helped someone daily.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 11, 2013
Fast paced, ability to move around and learn daily. The staff was more like family whom I stay in contact with today. Never hearing a complaint from clients was a pleasure and a continuous goal meet daily.
Pros
lunches, dinners, staff outings
Cons
having to move
christain, friendly atmosphere with good working relationship with physicians.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  4 west post surgicalJune 5, 2012
breakfast in am, receive report from night shift while making walking rounds and introduce yourself to each patient and fill out the board in each room with information and telephone numbers and plan of care for the day. check chart for orders and give report to PCA/CNA on care of patient, check medication record to make sure all meds are available, if not - go ahead and order from pharmacy. all documentation is computerized charting and each patient has an arm band with scan code, you ask name/date of birth then scan arm band. i learn standing orders for surgical (prostate, colon, hernia, neck, breast, appendix, gallbladder, mouth, penile prothesis and orthopedics) procedures and more. management under staff at times but co-workers are terrefic at working together to help each other. the hardest part of my job is when a patient go bad or expire. the most enjoyable part of my job is the relationship with my surgeons and doctors. we have OOPS meeting to check for near misses at the end of the shift or the beginning of the shift.
Pros
cafeteria, bank, atm, gift shop, biffetro located in the building
Cons
we celebrate/recognize different staff members every month