St. Vincent Health Employee Reviews

Outsourced
Biller (Former Employee) –  AndersonSeptember 18, 2018
This company is all about outsourcing to cut costs. They have lost their focus on being loyal to their employees who have been dedicated and loyal to St Vincent. I have lost all respect for this organization.
Pros
Decent benefits and PTO
Cons
Outsourced departments
MA-C, terrible
Medical Assistant MA-C (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INMarch 1, 2018
When I started here things were incredible. That was in 2013. As the managers started to leave and new ones where hired in it went incredibly downhill. I only received 67 cents in raises in a 4 year period. Was expected to work 12+ hours with no lunch, break, and no downtime, even in flu season. Once moved from immediate care to family medicine things improved but quickly went down hill as it was a sorority house and I didn’t plan to fit in to it. I was more worried about my patients than their games and that was clearly not their worry. The constant changes from corporate was terrible as we were rural health and did not serve the same client base. Once bought by ascension everything went downhill again. There just was not much good to say ahou working here except the work experience you gain because they were always short staffed.
Pros
Patient relationship, charity benefits for patients, providers.
Cons
Pay, work hours, management
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2018
St vincent provided a lot for f experience , training and knowledge. They are currently in the process of transitioning revenue cycle to R1 and job is not secure. I live 30 miles away and it was becoming harder and harder to make the drive and get in requires hours.
Pros
Great benefits, understanding management, good environment, holidays
Cons
Transition to R1, only located on the north side, no work from home options
productive in billing and insurance
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 17, 2018
st Vincent health provided a stable job in which I verified insurance and benefits. We strived to provide correct billing for our patients to have the best experience possible.
Pros
stable
Cons
lack of advancement
I enjoyed my working experience at St. Vincent hospital.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  2001 W 86th Street Indianapolis, IN 46260December 12, 2017
I worked in the Patient Access department doing Inpatient as well as Outpatient registrations. I LOVED the people there and thrived in my role.

The management was kind and coached me very well. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the very fast pace of patient flow. I felt the compensation was well and the workplace culture was very positive.
The Roman Empire lives !!
Regional Practice Administrator/Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 23, 2017
Working there was like the Spanish Inquisition. Leaders couldn't lead, just kill everyone (hypothetically) that didn't think like them. Wasted so much money on one hand and then didn't spend enough on the proper things. Very selfish driven organization, had more money then God yet couldn't support many community needs.
Pros
salary
Cons
everything else
Enjoyable place to work overall.
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 16, 2018
Enjoyed my position in the therapy department. It is a very collaborative group to work. Excellent working relationships between therapists and nursing. Therapy is very well respected.
Pros
Supportive management staff.
St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INAugust 8, 2017
The people here are friendly. Employees here aren't fancy or overly reliant on appearances. At work, I am surrounded every day by people trying to make the world a better place. Our physicians are outstanding, easy to work with, and down to earth. The atmosphere is based on servitude to those sick and in need, and really caring for people is a value that is very obvious. You don't get the impression here that the patient experience is centered around "appearances". The patient experience is centered around getting folks back home to their families and improving their lives, one patient at a time. The pay is great, benefits are fair. I would recommend St. Vincent Anderson Regional to anyone interested in really impacting people on a personal level. Nursing is personal here. It's great.
The people were amazing
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 14, 2017
I loved working with the people they made me feel included. There was a manager who didn't like me at first which made it kinda hard to work there. My daily routine was easy but i had to be there for at least 90 days to even get any benefits at all.
Pros
free meals
Cons
part time hours
Busy place to work with lots of room for growth
RN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2017
Most units work 12 hour shifts with 30 minute lunch break (and employees are strongly encouraged to take their breaks).

Much work and effort put toward becoming and remaining a High Reliability Organization - teamwork is strongly encouraged and supported

Some silo mentalities still exist between units, but whichever one you belong to will proudly call you theirs and adopt you into the family
Pros
employee discounts in cafeteria and on multiple other items/services
Cons
payscale and raises limited
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2018
What I liked most about working at St. Vincent's is caring for the patients and educating patients/parents. It provided my family with a great work life balance for almost 10 years.
Denial Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
My biggest regret is leaving this company. The work was enjoyable and my co-workers were awesome. Of course there is always room for improvement concerning management however it was tolerable.
great place
Rep. Patient Services (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INOctober 17, 2017
I love working for this company. work with great people, friendly environment, plenty of chance for advancement and learning opportunities.
the benefits are great
My Favorite Place for Health Care
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 18, 2018
I worked almost in every department at St. Vincent's Hospital. I started in patient transport, then switchboard operator, to a couple of private doctor's offices. I am looking forward to continue my job search here because it's one of the best hospitals in Birmingham.
X-ray tech
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time at St. Vincent and learned so much from those I worked with. I felt valued and supported in my role there. The management was good at communication and setting proper expectations for patient care.
Professional environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 6, 2017
Fast paced and completive environment. Management usually tried to address all concerns in timey manner. Very fair compensation package provided to employees.
Great work environment
Neurodiagnostic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 18, 2018
Friendly work environment and loads of potential for growth and personal development. Top notch technology and an understanding from management on needs.
First Class
Managed Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2018
St. Vincent is a first class organization which promotes individuals to continue their education and never settle for less. Enjoyed my time with the organization and it setup my career.
Excellent place to work!
Medicare Biller (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 3, 2018
Prior to St Vincent Health being bought by a new company, it was an excellent place to work! Friendly co-workers/managers, very family friendly. Nice clean atmosphere and spacious working areas.
Fast paced
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INFebruary 26, 2018
I enjoyed working in patient access. I worked in the emergency room area on the night shift. It was a fast paced, stressful environment but it was a rewarding job. I enjoyed helping patients and their families.
We were like a close family with everyone help each other. Often stressful.
Pros
co-workers, rewarding
Cons
no breaks, long hours