St. Vincent Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
My Favorite Place for Health Care
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 18, 2018
I worked almost in every department at St. Vincent's Hospital. I started in patient transport, then switchboard operator, to a couple of private doctor's offices. I am looking forward to continue my job search here because it's one of the best hospitals in Birmingham.
Excellent place to work!
Medicare Biller (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 3, 2018
Prior to St Vincent Health being bought by a new company, it was an excellent place to work! Friendly co-workers/managers, very family friendly. Nice clean atmosphere and spacious working areas.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2018
What I liked most about working at St. Vincent's is caring for the patients and educating patients/parents. It provided my family with a great work life balance for almost 10 years.
Denial Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
My biggest regret is leaving this company. The work was enjoyable and my co-workers were awesome. Of course there is always room for improvement concerning management however it was tolerable.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2018
St vincent provided a lot for f experience , training and knowledge. They are currently in the process of transitioning revenue cycle to R1 and job is not secure. I live 30 miles away and it was becoming harder and harder to make the drive and get in requires hours.
Pros
Great benefits, understanding management, good environment, holidays
Cons
Transition to R1, only located on the north side, no work from home options
First Class
Managed Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2018
St. Vincent is a first class organization which promotes individuals to continue their education and never settle for less. Enjoyed my time with the organization and it setup my career.
Great work environment
Neurodiagnostic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 18, 2018
Friendly work environment and loads of potential for growth and personal development. Top notch technology and an understanding from management on needs.
Rewarding place to work
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2018
Most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am making a difference in helping people feel better. They truly value the importance of each member and their skills and expertise.
Pros
Great management
Cons
PTO accrual could of been better.
MA-C, terrible
Medical Assistant MA-C (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INMarch 1, 2018
When I started here things were incredible. That was in 2013. As the managers started to leave and new ones where hired in it went incredibly downhill. I only received 67 cents in raises in a 4 year period. Was expected to work 12+ hours with no lunch, break, and no downtime, even in flu season. Once moved from immediate care to family medicine things improved but quickly went down hill as it was a sorority house and I didn’t plan to fit in to it. I was more worried about my patients than their games and that was clearly not their worry. The constant changes from corporate was terrible as we were rural health and did not serve the same client base. Once bought by ascension everything went downhill again. There just was not much good to say ahou working here except the work experience you gain because they were always short staffed.
Pros
Patient relationship, charity benefits for patients, providers.
Cons
Pay, work hours, management
Fast paced
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INFebruary 26, 2018
I enjoyed working in patient access. I worked in the emergency room area on the night shift. It was a fast paced, stressful environment but it was a rewarding job. I enjoyed helping patients and their families.
We were like a close family with everyone help each other. Often stressful.
Pros
co-workers, rewarding
Cons
no breaks, long hours
productive in billing and insurance
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 17, 2018
st Vincent health provided a stable job in which I verified insurance and benefits. We strived to provide correct billing for our patients to have the best experience possible.
Pros
stable
Cons
lack of advancement
see below for summary
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2018
I work in a fast paced environment where staff need to work together to take care of the patients. Flexibility is important as situations can change fairly rapidly. I may begin my day in prep and be pulled to assist another procedure. At the end of the day I may be asked to assist in recovery or again assist in a specialized procedure where not all nurses are trained. Patient post calls are an important part at the end of the day as well as stocking supplies. Working independently is also important when I assist in Bronchoscopy procedures as the staff support dynamics change in that area. Taking call is also required about two times per month.
The hospital also ensures we have continuing education via web based training.
Pros
trains nurses to speciality procedures, able to volunteer for committees if so desired, has monthly staff meetings to keep up to date on the behind the scenes running of the unit
Cons
occasionally need to take Voluntary time off as patient census ebbs and flows, occasionally has less than 30 minute break in a 12 hour shift
St Vincent went from excellent to poor during my years there.
Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2018
I have been allowed almost complete self-direction in my role which I greatly enjoyed. At the end of my time, however, I did not perceive that my values of excellent patient care and accurate, reliable data were shared by leadership.
Amazing Team
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2018
St.Vincent is a great place to work. They are going through a lot of changes, but they are adapting well. The people are what makes this place special. They truly care!
Friendly eviroment
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 17, 2018
Co-workers friendly
Relaxed atmosphere
Slightly low paying and not much room for advancement.
Flexible hours with choices of shifts.
Understanding management regarding family matters.
Work Environment
Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Working at St. Vincent is a rewarding and challenging career. The working environment is inviting and upbeat where the day seems to go fast and days are enjoyable. The doctors are all around great people and don't look down on you like your some lower person than they are due to their credentials.

I would without a doubt recommend St. Vincent to anyone as a career choice.
Pros
working environment
Cons
nothing
working at st.vincent
CNA (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2018
Clock in obtain your assignment ,introduce yourself to each patient while obtaining information about each patient from previous shift, start vitals pass out fresh water and ice and snacks(if requested) enter your vitals in the system take blood sugars (if required)report blood sugars to nurses, began your rounds

Did not like the amount of stress
Pros
helping others
Cons
no team work
cut throat and disorganized
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 7, 2018
They never had enough staff to properly take care of patients. If anyone decides to work there they will be worked to death if they are full time with mandatory over-time.
Pros
nothing
Cons
run!
Very rewarding positions
Biller (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2018
Work is rewarding and competitive. I learned a lot about medical records and billing. Management is good to work for. The hardest part of the job is dealing with corporate changes. The most enjoyable part of the job is work from home days.
Very fast paced OR. Work faster and harder with miniscule raises. Very understaffed
Perfusionist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2018
No increase in number of department staff over the past 9 years even though work load more than doubled. The people you work with are the best you will ever meet. Administration is out of touch with the front line care givers.