St. Vincent Health

St. Vincent Health Employee Reviews

United States13 reviews
As a PCT, I can be assigned up to 12 patients. After a morning huddle, I get report from the previous shift PCT, on patients, in which I am assigned to. I then attain morning vitals, assist with ADL's and report to RN on status changes throughout each shift. I've learned how to draw blood, perform EKGS and how a Medical Surgery Unit functions. The health benefits are affordable and can be available for family members as well. Since working here, I knew nursing is the right career for me and started nursing school. Tuition Reimbursement is available to those who meet the required GPA. You can't bet getting paid for good grades!
Though the pay could be higher for all workers across the board, I am thankful that St. Vincent Hospital hired me without having any previous hospital experience before. I look forward working here when I become an RN!
Patient care from beginning to end was and still is the primary goal for Ascension Healthcare. They believe in treating their employees and co-workers fairly. Room for advancement is limited.
It’s a great organization to work hate that I left it was one of the worst decisions I’ve ever made! The benefits are awesome though management isn’t that great the job itself makes up for it!
Benefits are exceptional. Management cares about employees. On the job training is exceptional. HR has a great staff. Employees have a voice in many areas. Your ideas are always welcome. Pay is updated by fair market.
Enjoyed flex time and strongly appreciated working from home. The learning opportunities helped shape me into a stronger employee. Respected the faith based organization culture throughout the company.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Pay is low compared to other hospitals.
Benefits are good but other than that no room really for advancement opportunities or better pay.

Work culture is good but communication from upper management isn’t that great.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
For being a religious organization supposedly on the foundation faith of Christianity, This organization can be anything but Christian in how they deal and treat their employees. The glory days of working for St Vincent is long gone.
I would not recommend this position, unless you are provided with a body cam ……….. I worked in law enforcement either full time or part time for 25 years, and never had an issue, however being a "lead guard" at St Vincents is a joke ………. the "arrest powers" advertisement is complete and total false advertising ……… you do not nor will have arrest powers

Evansville PD runs the show and you will be but a "peon" even as a "lead guard" ………… St. Vincent is not law enforcement certified agency and you WILL NOT have arrest powers.

There is little communication, I worked my first month to 6 weeks as a "lead guard" without a uniform (which I had to buy) or an ID badge/card which you can not access any place in the hospital without ….. a complete joke …….. the security dept had a back log of 200 ID badges (which you will get challenged without) up to 2 months ….. my ID was supposed to be on front burner and it took 6 weeks and then did not work for another week.

Very weak management who does not communicate …. but rather appears to be milking it instead of managing it

Again ……. Evansville PD runs the show …… you will not have arrest powers …… this is complete and total false advertising
During this time frame, St.Vincent was acquired by Ascension and there were multiple departmental restructures that I assisted with. My department also learned how to work alongside the Ministry Service Center in Indianapolis as I would triage requests on a daily basis for our associates. The most enjoyable part of this position was getting to know the different
associates within Ascension and gaining new friendships.
Great customer service everyone was really welcoming and nice and polite they took pride in there workers and staff members everyone was like family and friends
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
15 minute breaks
Long hours but shorter weeks
Good nice work environment

Flexible

Good benefits

Learned to work quickly

Very good staff
The office I work in is a great office to work for with great management. However, the company itself offers lower compensation and benefits than its competitors in the area.
My overall experience with this company was great. I got to meet many different people and I enjoyed the fact that I wasn't in your typical hospital setting. I traveled to the patients house and I got to visit many different places that I haven't heard of until becoming employed at VNA