St. Vincent Medical Center Employee Reviews

Small Company with a great heart
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2018
Great people to work with and a very small office setting. I learned a great amount of skills that I will be able to use in the future. The company culture was very inviting and everyone got along.
Excellent preceptors, strong, skilled nursing teams
Registered Nurse- Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, AR 72120May 3, 2018
St. Vincent provided me with a solid background in nursing. The Nurses, Physicians and Respiratory Therapist were continually teaching and helping me to learn and grow. Excellent experience.
St Vincent
Registered Nurse, Critical Care (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 30, 2018
I've enjoyed my time at St. Vincent. Recent changes with staffing grids, along with a huge decrease in educational opportunities, have made it difficult to remain there. It leaves me feeling uncertain about future growth as an employee, as well as overall job security. The hospital has also lost many of their best hospitalists recently, related to changes within the payment structure. The remaining hospitalists appear to be over-worked and stretched thin, as well as unhappy.
fun place to work
Secretary / Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 19, 2018
Worked their most of my young adult life. Very educational and a fun place to work. I learned a lot through my 23 years of employment. They were very fair to work for .
Pros
close to home
Great place to work!
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2018
ICU is great place to work. We have a very friendly team, and a lot of them have been there a long time. The only draw back is the poor staffing which can make it very stressful at times.
Doing Patient care
LVN Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2018
Admit and discharge patient’s, taking care patients need, admitted medication, monitoring Patients condition, wound care; giving daily care, teaching, admit immunization, monitoring vital signs, coordination of special program services and education in the health care sitting, case management consists of services that help consumers gain access to needed medical, social management consists of services that help consumers gain access to needed to services, follow up patient care at home in the hospital
Pros
Monitor pateint condition
Cons
admit and charger
Slow Moving
Employee Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2018
The area that I worked at was very slow moving. I would do basic clerical tasks/office work. I would assist doctor's with their note taking. The hardest part of the job was waiting for something to do.
great experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2018
Overall the staff is very helpful and diligent. You get to see and work in different floors which keeps you on your toes. Great place to work in if you enjoy the fast pace medical field.
Productive and life balanced professional
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 16, 2017
St. Vincent medical center is a great place to work not only do you have fun as well as provide expert care to your patients, but everyone works with the team mentality and are always willing to give each other hand.
Interim
Interim Director, Case Management (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 9, 2017
Was here as an interim Director and enjoyed the assignment. The hospital was going through acquisition but the process never interfered with daily needs of the patients
Productive and pleasant environment to work.
Concurrent Auditor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90057November 3, 2017
My day included reviewing medical records for accurate billing and charging problems. Interacted with outside insurance agencies , patients, and hospital departments including the Business office on audits.
Pros
Cafeteria onsite as well as a Gym
Cons
Small parking structure
good employee
Patient Finace Services/ Collector Biller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2017
good company to work for, great atmospher. located in LA, easy to get to, great cafe, good staff, dr, nurses good people, great parking, security staff good people
n/a
Laboratory assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 22, 2017
A lot work, with very little help. Everyday it was told to me that "help" will be provided, and I received nothing. By the end of the day I finished everything and made it easy. I guess that's why no one came.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun Workplace
Surgical Technologist (clinical rotation) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2017
I learned alot at St.Vincent that will help me further my career. Thet were very informative and knowledgeable with any questions and concerns i had. I enjoyed working with them and wouldnt mind going back..
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No parking
Fast Passed
Back Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2017
This place was very stressful with clinicals and many patients. But also made the days go by faster. Dr. Watkins was a very high end doctor, performing back surgerys to many athleats and actresses.
The Hospital overall is not my top pick but the staff that i work with is fun.
Unit Secretary/ED Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2017
At St. Vincent we are expanding in the ER as a department. We are not a trauma hospital but we do receive ALS runs and treat all patients that checks in. In my position I am over the phones, transfers, checking in patients, ekgs, documenting everything I do. The atmosphere can be fun to work in because of my co workers.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
not enough staff
Very stable company to work for.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2017
Working in the accounting department of a specialty hospital, it opened up new avenues for me as far as the healthcare industry and its various vendors. It was exciting to work with the different departments in the hospital. It enhanced my attention to detail regarding my job as an accounts payable person.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
Nothing really
Fun and professional working environment
HIM Tech (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2017
Go through Q & A
To review reports dictated reports by physicians
Submit to proper medical record
Analyze records for completion of bylaws of hospital for inpatient and outpatient
Locate records when needed for floors and physicians
Pros
Meet new people/physicians with great aspect for the job
Cons
Not enough eateries around facility/cafeteria closes at 6 pm
Horrible management
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2017
Worked as a nurse assistant. Understaffed, horrible management, constant gossiping and bullying at work. Stressful and hostile work environment, rude doctors and nurses.
Cons
Short breaks
A good place to work with good environment.
Interim Lab Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90057August 1, 2017
The St. Vincent Hospital is a world renown organ transplant center. I worked there at consultant capacity to help staff and management to prepare for upcoming College of American Society (CAP) inspection.

Staff and management were very helpful in giving me all help I was needed.

Like many Hospitals either going brock or worse closing down St, Vincent Hospital is no different. It is also sold to Wall street corporation is going through restructuring, scale down process.
Pros
Staff is very desciplined and hard working.
Cons
Due to financial unknown, staff is always worried.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Vincent Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Vincent Medical Center Reviews by Location