St. Vincent Medical Group Employee Reviews

great place to work for
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mitchell, INAugust 15, 2018
This is an amazing company to work for. The job is very rewarding and hands on. The management really tries to work with you when time off is needed. You easily earn PTO that can be used or cashed out.
the employees are really nice
Health information Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 1, 2018
Receives, Analyzes, process and files health information for completeness, timeliness, and accuracy. Maintains smooth operational flow assisting with gerneral clerical duties.
Pros
free lunches sometime
Cons
stressful
Very busy office
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJuly 20, 2018
This office had 2 doctors with a very long wait list to be seen.Overall, great office with a friendly staff.
Patients very frustrated with amount of time to be given an appointment to be seen in the office.
n/a
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 28, 2018
no review. management was lackadaisical, did not follow mission, poor working conditions, black mold in work area, elevator did not work, poor training
Great starter job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2018
It was a wonderful opportunity to begin my career with. I loved the physicians that I worked for. However, it seemed that No matter how many Physicians I covered due to frequent call-offs, or integrity and hard work I put into making patients our number one priority, I was constantly put off by the unprofessionalism of our 'seasoned' employees. If you did not do any favors for them do to your own work load, they will sure enough refuse to care for patients if you were not TB certified. If you go through your chain of command to address any public verbosity or gossip, you were wrong in every sort of way. This made it difficult to get through my work day and focus on 'work'.
Pros
Great starter job
Cons
Gossip, drama, no upper management support
Externship
Medical Office Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 26, 2018
Only externed at St Vincent Medical Group but it was a great experience and most of the staff were super friendly. I would definitely enjoy working for them in the future.
staff seem stressed and were rude
Lead contact (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2018
Pressured and not trusted, made to feel like we knew nothing or was new to the field. We were trained quickly and were left to figure a lot out by ourselves due to steps being omitted.
Pros
met some nice people
Cons
made to feel insecure
Great environment
Medical Assistant Extern (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 22, 2018
Absolutely amazing staff!! Everyone is very helpful and willing to step up at any time to assist. Doctors are all wonderful and really do care about each and every patient.
I work as an Extern at this medical sight
Medical Assistant Extern Student (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 22, 2018
The staff is absolutely great and very welcoming. All the doctors are very great to work with. The Medical Group has taught me a lot in a very short time and they are very relaxed and eager to teach.
Pros
Great Environment
Excellent
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 14, 2018
Without the Medical Group I don't think I would be in the position I am today. they helped get my foot in the door and become full time closer to my home.
PATIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE & SOCIAL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INMay 3, 2018
I loved my office with St Vincent. They understood that many of us had families and would help us collaborate to get time off when needed. The atmosphere was also very laid back but professional.
very fun and active and fast paced.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INApril 30, 2018
Love working with people and helping them in all their needs.
I can make them laugh when they do not want to, I just have a special way with patients and people
I was a float medical assistant. A float position gets old after a while.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Vernon, INApril 22, 2018
The work days are kind of stressful with my position since I do not have a steady home. I go non stop during the days since I am a float. My work is never done. If I get one job complete with one doctor, I will just move onto the next.
Pros
hour lunches/breaks
Cons
Self entitled patients.
Loved the people I worked with but office management was horrible
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INApril 9, 2018
Very fast paced environment and challenging. Wonderful staff and group of people to work with but office management was extremely poor and was difficult to work with. As soon as we would hire a new person they would quit. Couldn't keep a staff, therefore longer hrs and more work for those of us who stayed. Taking ANY PTO was frowned upon and if you got sick, well, let's just say you better be on your death bed
Cons
1/2 lunch break on 12 hr days. No lunch break on 9 hr days on weekends
Busy Environment
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INApril 6, 2018
You never had to worry about getting bored at St Vincent. Everyday was something different. Great benefits with flexible hours. St Vincent had PTO which was nice because you never lost any of your time off.
Pros
Benefits, Fun Enviorment, Flexible Hours
Cons
To many people bosses.
Enjoyed it here
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INApril 2, 2018
We started as a new facility and I had no idea that we would only be given 18 months to grow. We were not marketed at all and I feel somewhat let down.
I thoroughly enjoyed the St Vincent system and all the people that I worked with I will miss horribly.
Pros
good company
Cons
Did not take care of the out patient centers
na
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 8, 2018
It's a very good company to work for but there is just no room for advancement and I need to go back to the money that I was making! I would definitely recommend the company for other people!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no vacation days
Wonderful Co-workers
Certified Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 27, 2018
The company as a whole is wonderful to work for and I absolutely LOVE the doctor that I work for. I would only question working at this facility due to the horrible upper management.
hardest part of my job
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Greentown, INSeptember 4, 2017
The hardest part of the job was insurance issues and push for production. Most of my days lunch was about 15 minutes while charting and fighting with insurance companies over how to treat my patients
Pros
patients
Cons
work hours and stress
fair
CMA (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 31, 2017
fair place to work, management is great, great staff and working environment, welcoming to new staff, enjoyable to go to everyday,understanding of what clinical staff can do
Pros
great work environment