St. Vincent Employee Reviews

There is room for advancement and they are a very diverse company to work for . They would also be willing to work with you around a busy schedule.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2018
I have only worked there on the weekends because I have been in school the majority of the time I have worked there. I like the job because I can give back in a way that is gratifying since I love helping people and most of my experience is in the healthcare field.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No looking to make a career out of this job
Fast work pace because so much need to be done in a limited amount of time
Saint Vincent de Pau, Prime-time teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2018
I did both Prime Time Teaching/Tutoring and substituting. A typical day in Prime Time varies, but most of the time we arrive early if it was our time to prepare snacks. We usually wait for the students as they come in and greet them. After snacks it is homework time, Sometimes this is quick, and sometimes it is not, We often give them 30 minutes, and if they did not finish we help them finish, We report academic difficulties to our supervisor. After homework we have playtime, we monitor them and treat them if they are any minor injury,
Pros
Friendly staffs, wonderful children, and nice projects
Cons
kids can be disrespectful sometime, and so are the parents
Working harder with less
St. Vincent Hosp (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2018
The patients are great -- although they are starting to think of hospitalization as a stay at a hotel.

The team culture of working with staff is also great, too, when you can! Sometimes each nurse is too busy with their own patient to help with yours. Sometimes we do feel set up to fail.

My co-workers is what keeps me going. And plus my manager cares and does her best.

Getting supplies -- a system-wide known issue, is the worst.
Pros
Coworkers and doctors are great; garage parking overnight
Cons
you MIGHT get a lunch, but the cafeteria does not offer a discount
Assistant to the NICU Department
UNIT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 5, 2018
Enjoyed working in the NICU with the babies and assisting their parents. Setting up fingerprints to allow the parents to enter the unit to visit with their babies.
Productive and fun work place
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioOctober 30, 2018
Love being able to help homeless and people who just need a little help in life. housing homeless veterans and giving back to the community is a great feeling.
Pros
PTO days
Cons
low pay
productive workplace
Commercial Kitchen Intern/Prep Intern at Kidztable (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 28, 2018
the most enjoyable the environment was very fast paced, exacting and stressful. i really enjoyed my time there. i learned quite a bit while working in the kitchen.
Pros
free lunches, aquired my serv-safe managers certification. aquired food handlers certification, the abiliyt to return to renew my certifications at no cost.
Cons
the program was too short.
Good place to work and learn
Student Medical Assistant/ Externship (Former Employee) –  Brownsburg, INAugust 27, 2018
I learned a lot at my externship at this company. I was able to work in different departments to get different experience. I was able to practice drawing labs to get the extra experience.
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse/Med Surgery (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 19, 2018
Nice place to work. No regrets. Short staffed and patient care is not at its best due to the shortage. Overall not bad compared to what I hear about other places.
Nice and friendly work environment
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 1, 2018
Transported patients to their destination. We had to our own pagers. The pagers would ring telling us know that dispatch sent out a task for us to complete. After each task was finished, headed to the nears telephone in the building to let them know we completed the task.
great people to work with, friendly atmosphere
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 26, 2018
I was lucky enough to do my externship at Liberty Family Practice. From day one they made me feel like I was part of the family and they even helped me to get hired on per diem.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with
Working
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 11, 2018
Working there was nice it had it good days and bad days sometimes you get put with nurses or other cnas that didnt want to work that causes the day to become hard.
its ok if you need something asap
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAFebruary 6, 2018
i liked working there but they didnt have enough pay. the co workers were great to work with and really felt like we were a team. but the supervisor at the time, Cali, would be on her phone most the work day and not really doing anything. I could say more but i wont get into that.
Pros
nothing really comes to mind
Cons
i was there to make money, not friends
amazing
Surgery Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INApril 5, 2018
Working in the surgery department here is amazing. Its always steady and sometimes crazy but the work family makes the day worth it at the end. the hardest part of the job is leaving your feelings at the door.
Fun work place to be with friends
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 4, 2018
The hardest part of the job is cleaning up a lot of blood & Dealing with the attitudes of the patients. The management sucks , they only care about they selves
fun place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OROctober 6, 2017
this job was volunteer work. I really enjoyed it. It was a great place to work. My responsibility was to put items in their proper places. clean and organize areas. set up displays for show. provide customer service.
Pros
was a fun place to work
Cons
was temporary work and volunteer
Productive and fun
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJuly 12, 2014
Managing, researching, writing and developing grants for the organization. Help make the children happy, by obtaining a grant to get a sport team on campus that they can be involved in. Learn from mentors from such professional athletes, and understand how important a healthy lifestyle is. From learning the children were happy to have the opportunity to meet professional athletes and learn from such mentors, it gave me great satisfaction.
Pros
free lunches, events
Cons
Never a dule day at work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIFebruary 20, 2015
I voluneered a few times and I enjoed every minute, because I enjoy working around people. St. Vincents has a positive vibe around it. Everyone I met showed wonderful hospitility. They gave me the opportunity to move around and see the ropes of a real volunteer. I'm thankful because it allowed me to see myself from different aspects of life and utilize my skills. I would go back any time of of the year and help as much as possible just to show my gratitude. I appreciate seeing how the people in the community give back to those who are less fortunate.
Pros
Seeing the community come together to make a difference
Cons
The help they give to the less fortunate
Opportunity to learn, teamwork and connection to some wonderful patients that I had a chance to meet and take part in their healthcare.
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARSeptember 11, 2015
I worked three twelve hour shifts which worked out fine for me except, for the fact that we could have used more help with the patient load. This I feel would have been not only a benefit for the PCT's but, also the patients. I learned a lot from orientation and from my co-workers. My most enjoyable part of my job was meeting all our wonderful patients.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
short staffed at times.
Busy and intense work enviornment
Business Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2014
A typical work day for me at St Vincent Services is coming in and signing my time sheet.

Preparing patient charts for each therapist and Psychiatrist who is going to be seen that day for the Foster Care Department as well as the Mental Health Department.

Work closely with the case planners, therapist and Psychiatrist following up on cancellations and no shows.

Scheduling appointments inside MMRI along with submitting transportation request inside P-Tar.

Obtaining Prior Authorization

Assisting Front Desk Staff with patient inquiries and answering phones along with filing charts back in the chart room.
Pros
Busy as soon as I come in until the ending of the day
Cons
Informed of staying until clinic close without any notice.
fun work place
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakridge, ORNovember 23, 2015
fun work place co-workers nice to work with made my job worth going to every day hardest part of my job was lifting things on high shelves i enjoyed working with all the workers the easiest part of my job was costumer service greeting the customers.. i learned how to do retail and stock shelves the manager was easy to get along with
Pros
15 min breaks after 2 hours of work
Cons
not enough work time in a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Vincent. Our community is ready to answer.