St.Coletta of Greater Washington Employee Reviews

1.4
Ratings breakdown
A negative workplace with an administration that doesn't respect you as a person
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 23, 2018
St. Coletta has such a high turn over rate and they don't care. There are no measures to try and improve the culture or to reflect on why people hate it. They just assume everyone will leave and they are fine with it. The attitude is that everyone else is the problem, not them. This includes HR, so save your breathe. They will stab you in the back.
Pros
The students, beautiful building
Cons
Administrators, Hr, Pay vs. the work, The year long schedule, etc.
Beautiful students, worse staff
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 5, 2018
It's sad that 4 years later the review on this company is still the same. You know, it's not the students at all. Its HR and just the staff period. This non profit organization is one of the WORSE programs I've ever came across. My little brother and sister both have intellectual disabilities and I would NEVER allow my mom to put them in a place like this. I love the students however this place is a big day care that they try to say they teach something in. There are students 21, rapping rap songs but don't know their number and birthdays and have attended this school since a younger age which does NOT make sense to me. They totally do not show any sympathy or compassion at all as a company.

Good place to for experience and to have on your resume however it takes a lot of patience.
Unsatisfactory supervisor
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 20, 2018
The supervisor is poor and lacks communication skills. My supervisor can't communicate when there is a problem and I feel like if I dont know its a problem how do I fix it?
Please read before applying
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 13, 2017
St. Coletta of Greater Washington lacks integrity, respect , and most importantly paraprofessional are highly underpaid for their work. It's very divided and the overall atmosphere is draining. Nothing comes before the work. It's really a stressful environment. Administration and specialist treat paraprofessional like the bottom of the barrel when they do 90% of the work involving the students. At the end of the day the most positive thing I can say about the workplace is the beautiful children whom are the highlight of the job. The joy you receive for servicing them is what makes the job rewarding.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Lack of respect and integrity
Great Benefits
Medicaid Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 20, 2016
The Benefits are wonderful, and I have wonderful coworkers. I have learned a few new things with the years I have been there.
worst job ever
Program Assistant/Day Program (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 16, 2014
My experience at St.Coletta of Greater Washington in Rockville was the worse job I have EVER had. McDonalds and the retail jobs I had in high school were better than this place. The adult program participants were awesome. I really enjoyed working with these individuals. However, the management was rude and unprofessional, they looked down on the program assistants, there was no organization or structure, they did not care about the staff and treated program assistant like children. I felt like I was in institution instead of a workplace. The working environment was very miserable and uncomfortable.The nurse who is no longer there was the best administrative staff but all the others need to be replaced. I'm so glad I'm gone but I really miss the participants.
Pros
the people they serve
Cons
management, program structure, environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St.Coletta of Greater Washington. Our community is ready to answer.

St.Coletta of Greater Washington Reviews by Location