Stadler US Employee Reviews

Great People, Terrible management and execution.
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 30, 2018
I worked here for over a year. I was recently fired for "sanitation in the work area." These guys are clean freaks to the white glove level, and it is a good thing somewhat. But I believe the real reason I was fired was because I have been missing a lot of work due to an injury that they couldn't work around. I would go in try my hardest but had to leave when my pain got so bad I couldn't even think. I was constantly informing the management that something was wrong and that I was seeking treatment but it seems it didn't matter to them. I can understand that I had issues but I was being quite clear and honest with them and trying to get better.

Other than that, the "peons" of this company are great. Most everyone is friendly with one another and everyone does their best to do their job.

The management, on the other hand, feels almost racist to their US employees. Especially because the swiss employees are paid more, get more vacation and have more "stay power" for lack of a better term. The meetings that are held on Fridays are just "We did great this week, but you guys suck and need to pick up the slack that is cause by no fault of your own."

The benefits and insurance are pretty good though. Especially the AFLAC they offer.
Pros
People you work with are friendly and professional. Makes it easy to get through the work day.
Cons
Management, procurement, and policies are volatile and change frequently with little to no clarity.
Swiss Company
Electronic Assembler (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 29, 2018
Study and understand the Swiss culture before going to apply. I hope your German is on par. There was a lot of clash between the americans because we have our way of doing things, and it overall was pretty stressful and unfriendly environment.
Unorganized chaos
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 13, 2018
Upper management is worst ever experienced. Complete chaos and little-to-no training. Fraternization within company obvious and management was benefiting. Hired veterans and told them they had no room for advancement paying half the salary of foreign co-workers. The middle management are mostly foreigners unwilling to help their teams since they struggle with English communication. Spent majority of the time searching for proper parts/tools/equipment. Little regard to OSHA standards or proper PPE. Overall a real “train wreck” of a company.
Good Job
Employee (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 4, 2018
The pay is decent, Benefits are good, and the company atmosphere is positive and outgoing. Overall it is not a bad job. The company just needs to understand how employment policies work in the US.
Pros
Holiday pay and Bonuses
Cons
Constant and random policy changes
productive and fun
Truck Assembler (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 16, 2018
Fun People to work , new experience in build trains and new culture.
A lot Overtime , good work quality , learn a new language (German)
Good benefits,Good salary.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
20 break and 1 week vac for chrismas
Exciting and innovative
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  SLCMay 15, 2018
Stadler US is a fast growing company, the opportunities for advancement are endless.

I've learned so much working here and cannot wait to see what the future will bring!
Pros
Exciting culture
Great potential
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 25, 2018
They came to the United States expecting employees to already know how to build trains, really who knows how to. Some of the Swiss would be helpful and take the time to make sure that you understand the job, but others would throw you in and expect you just to know.
Management, particularly the production manager, would have a meeting with the production staff every Friday and tell us how badly we sucked and we need work more and not to scratch the train, as we are trying to assemble it.
In short, they expect absolut perfection and give you no idea how to do it.
Pros
Decent benefits, passable pay
Cons
Very interesting place to work.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 6, 2017
The Language barrier was very strong and hard to work with. Everything was all in German.
If you know German your good to go
If not its very hard to work with, you spend more time
decoding the German than getting work done.