Staffing the Universe

Working at Staffing the Universe: 21 Reviews

United States21 reviews

Productive work

Contract work. Applied on line. HIPPA complient. Out of state contracting agency. Flexible hours. Healthcare industry related. Work at your own pace.

Supportive

This is a contract position where everyday is the same. What keeps me going is knowing that once this contract is complete I will be assigned to a new place where I can continue to learn and grow.

Staffing the Universe insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great cultural fit

Company on the move rebrand very exciting time ..You will not be sorry .Plenty’s of opportunity to grow with the company and a fabulous work culture.

Management is horrible

The management team in both offices often contradict each other. They love to feel as if they are always in control. Meaning that they love to micromanage, no matter how good you are at your job. They don't trust people and their management team makes you aware of that on a regular basis. They don't care about giving you room to thrive. They think that they always know what's best. They pretend to take people's feedback but they don't. They constantly stick to doing things their own way no matter what the general consensus is. The pay is too low. They often lowball people on pay all around unless your in upper management. They benefits are just okay.

Pros

Pto, but no real sick leave

Cons

Micromanagement

Company lies, and doesn’t pay you on time

I worked in their DOC.. contract said 60 hours a week every other week, in reality it was 16 hours every other week. They aren’t very big on paying you on time, and they don’t have good answers as to why they advertise 60 hours yet you get way less. When you don’t get paid they say ok and you have to wait three days to get your pay. The people aren’t very helpful in guiding you through the system. Not a good company to work for at all. Do t waste your time

Pros

Quick hire

Cons

Don’t uphold their promise of hours or job

Medical assistant

I've been working with them for about a month. Fantastic staff. AMBER is great, always friendly and easy to communicate with. She always makes herself available when needed. Work is easy to find I have yet to be without a job. 💘

Great company to gain experience

A typical day is to work hard and take your time. I learned a lot about the staffing agency and working in their HR department. The hardest part of the job is being able to handle the work and learning various accounts.

Diversity and Leaning Experience

My internship at Staffing the Universe was very interesting thanks to their programs where as a student you get to learn and switch roles and pods within the company. They keep you on your feet until the last day, where I had to plan and present a sale pitch to the entire management board and colleagues. Challenging yet not demotivating, open and kind yet full of teaching moments.

Once My Role Was Filled That's all They Needed

I worked a contract position at this company after them contacting me directly. The position was not discussed fully because they never provided an accurate job description. I was thrown into a job in which I had no foundation of what I would be doing. Once I started working there I was contact the first week about how things were progressing and never heard from them again. I believe I was sent a general Happy 4th of July email. When my position ended I was not told anything except I will be contacting you to find another position, because they don't want to pay unemployment. This company does the bare minimum. If all you need is a job, that's what you'll get.

Good Experience

Very authentic experience in the work place. Encourage and motivate employees with occasional opportunities for on the spot cash incentives. Vending machines have good snacks.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Staffing the Universe?

Rights violated by staff member.

Totally unprofessional. Don't have a clue of legal ethics or employee HIPAA violations process. CEO unknowable of what staff does or violations they perform.

Pros

Cons

Uneducated staff.

Temp for the first time never again

I worked through this staffing agency for a huge company. I had complaints that were taken to my manager that didn’t get handled. Training in large company was horrible. Work ethic horrible. No communication between staffing agency and manager in large company. Never again!

Pros

Money was good

Cons

No real chance of permanent hire

Wonder professional company!

Great Great and Great!!! They are supportive and thoughtful people to work for. Management and staff are professional and ethical. There is nothing to struggle with and the enjoyable part is that I cant state enough is kindness, consideration, ethical & respectful people to work for.

they suck

This company lacked in profession delay on payroll cost me more to work for them than I actually made. Which was nothing btw.It might work for some but not for all was happy to get something at first figure I can make money til something better came but the money still has yet to come . Only writing in hopes to be contacted and find out what's the hold up!!

Productive fun workplace

I wirk for ups in arbutus very busy all year round depending on how many packages come i learned fast so i am now a pro i can average 30 packages a night by myself alone.The pay is great

Pros

Free pizza

UPS Manhattan hub

I work there more than a year now...I only there for the $$$$...2 much better things happening behind the brown shield ...everyday it's an issue ...older drivers talk down 2 you cuss u out ..

Rude and unprofessional staff. Lacking people skills

I turned down a potential job opportunity with this company because the staffing lady i spoke with was unbelievably rude. I wouldn't refer anyone to this company who are looking for work.

Divided

For starters this company is family owned by the Block Family they have no respect for there employees at time no even addressing employees by there name very rude the wife of company walk around with her nose in the air as if she's better than people a bunch of privilege family that was handed everything

Pros

Co workers are fun

Cons

CEO rude

Warehouse Associate

Forklift Operator/Material Handler/Shipping & Receiving ▪ Unloading trucks and maintaining inventory levels for the production floor. ▪ Also providing shipping and receiving/data entry functions via UPS,FED EX,SAP and various freight forwarders. International & Domestic

Pros

Early morning hours

Cons

Extremely Loud, Pay was ok, contract position

Time always correct

I worked for UPS in Memphis, Tn although the warehouse where I was assigned worked 7 days 12 hours shifts I really enjoyed working for Staffing the Universe. I NEVER had a problem. my payroll was always entered correctly and in a timely matter. The staff were available for questions and any other concerns either by phone or email.

Pros

Nice compensation, placed quickly

Cons

No work-life balance

ready to work hard

I love working for this company you make a good living you don't have to work every day great benefits have been employed there fot 10yrs

Pros

make a good liviing

Cons

not appreciative of employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staffing the Universe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits