Stage Stores Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Starting at stage is a good start on life.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARJuly 18, 2018
Working for stage showed me how to properly help customers also to be more opened minded about clothing and what makes them unique. Gave me a more leadership role.
very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJuly 17, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company because you met all types of people and you get to also help them. The environment I worked in was very friendly.
good place to work
freight receiving (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARJuly 10, 2018
the management was poor, no training was given at all, there was no paid sick days and no bonus pay and no benefits whatsoever. there was no holiday pay. the pay was very low as well.
Not a fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNJune 24, 2018
If it wasn't for the Manager there.It would of been a good place to work..The manager doesn't like to train and she would back stab everyone to get a head. I wouldn't recommend working at the one in Elizabethton TN..
Pros
Vacation time after 6 months being full time
Cons
The whole store
Learning experience and fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXJune 22, 2018
Working with stage gave me the opportunity to develop who I really am and see what I am capable of. I developed better communication skills and I can say I learned how to process a daily work problem or situation. I'm better at breaking down problems and putting together a solucion. Working here gave me the chance to experience what its like to be the employee and not just a customer.
Average Place to Work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 20, 2018
There was not a lot of team building, we all just kind of worked together. As any place there were many different personalities. One manager who left before I did was amazing and honestly cared about the people she worked with. The assistant manager that took over was amazing too, but some people were very hard to get along with. There was very informal training and not many benefits that were mentioned. The best part were the discounts and getting to interact with customers. The worst part was the teamwork and the hours.
Pros
decent pay, discounts
Cons
short break, not very good benefits
Terrible environment and Staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJune 12, 2018
People that work in this company have no clue what they are dong with their lives. This company or at least the Elkton location has the most terrible staff and managers. Nobody knows what they're doing and managers and CEO's do not care the slightest bit about their employees. The Elkton store is just one huge mess and it needs to be shut down. Nothing good is coming from, or going into it.
Bad Manager
Store Associate- Summer employee (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 8, 2018
I did not enjoy my time at Stage due to poor management. For the first two weeks I did not know my schedule ahead of time and I was very poorly trained. I personally will never work in retail again from this experience.
Pros
employee discounts
Worst Job Ever
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 4, 2018
This job was all about kissing tail with district manager, No room for advancement if your not that type of person. Manager was not supportive, always calling in sick.
A stressful place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Morgan City, LAMay 31, 2018
The pressure is always on you to open new credit card accounts and get customers to buy magazines. If you do not meet your goals, you are threatened with being fired. It is difficult to meet your goals because people do not want to sign up for credit cards or magazines.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 26, 2018
In the last several years this company has gone down.the management you are hiring are NOT ok
knowledgeable about the company's policies and procedures. They are bringing in the friends and family members. New associates are NOT being trained properly. We have a worker who doubles up on coupons and changes prices on items.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
corporate demands do not match payroll allowed leading to stressful environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, KYMay 19, 2018
Pay is somewhat better than minimum wage but payroll is extremely limited leaving extremely stressful work environments. High turnover rate and lots of work needed depending on size of store, my store was huge and we could never get everything done because of the payroll, yet corporate demands remained high and there was no sympathy. This lead to very stressed out managers who were frustrated and underappreciated, and this trickled down to employees, so morale was low, and even though payroll, i am there almost every day, only for a couple of hours. plus, it is much busier than corporate expects, i guess, and it will be me only on the floor and customers get frustrated, take it out on me, plus i do not have enough time at all to get everything else done that needs to like recovery, so store stays a mess.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no breaks, high demands, understaffed, stressful, too many hours, not enough pay
super easy job
Department Head /Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OK 74011May 14, 2018
The job was fun and very easy. I really liked all my co-workers. There were no raises so advancement and the ability to make enough money were impossible
Pros
discounts on clothes shoes and jewlry
Cons
minimum wage only
Worst job ever
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 1, 2018
Terrible company. No work/ family balance. Corporate doesn’t care about employees. Very stressful and low pay. Only stayed so long because I liked my staff.
Pros
Zero
Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORApril 27, 2018
Terrible company to work for. The store manager is absolutely awful, rude to not only employees but cuastomers. Absolutely awful place to work, hours suck, pay aucks, management aucks. Wouldn't recommend working here.
Productive and fun environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpine, TXApril 26, 2018
Great management skills. Very work orientated. Always had something to do. Enjoyed working with customers and my manager. Enjoyed the environment and atmosphere in the store.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits
typical fast paced retail construction environment
Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2018
Short timelines, tight budgets, and a demanding client... Your typical retail construction environment. Positive: great team mentality, effective communication. Negative: substantial plan revisions mid construction causing budget and schedule busts, very little socialization outside of work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVApril 17, 2018
My job was fairly easy. I had good co workers and a great boss. It didn't get too busy throughout the day. Not sure about benefits as I only had to work part time.
Used to be a great place to work, still ok
Merchandise/Store Planner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2018
The company has changed a great deal over the years.
What was a relaxed family yet focused atmosphere has changed to a more corporate investor focused company.

The most enjoyable part of the job has always been the great people i have been able to work with. I have for the most part had incredible supervisors that cared for me as an individual and as a coworker. That is what i miss the most.
Ridiculous Expectations.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKApril 16, 2018
You are given an unrealistic expectations. The district manager knows nothing. You have to fight to have at LEAST 15 hours. Raises are only 10 cents.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Staff treatment, unrealistic goals, pay grade, hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stage Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight