Stage Stores Employee Reviews

Employment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LASeptember 19, 2018
Stage stores is a basic employment store. There is not much room for advancement. The attrition rate is extremely low. Could not see a long term career within this company.
Pros
flexible hours
I love working at Peebles
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Punxsutawney, PAAugust 28, 2018
I love working at Peebles....the biggest downfall of the position is the pay....it should pay more since it is more upscale then Walmart and now that most of the Sears and Bon Ton's in our area have closed....customers shop Peebles for their finer clothing needs....and if an associate is really good at their job (which I am) they should be compensated accordingly for their efforts.....I would love to be making $10+ an hour doing this job
Pros
fun work atmosphere, great employee discount!
Cons
pay
nothing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 24, 2018
nothing to say really. just looking for a better career opportunity. It is a good company. just doesn't pay well. And no payroll to get the workload done.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Packer (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHAugust 21, 2018
Not all the time did u get 40hrs a week. It was fast past. Loved working there. Sometimes we would run out of product to put in totes and they would put u in different areas to get some hrs in.when they shut down u could work to get some hrs in.
Great Workplace
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2018
Stage is a great place to work. I was very happy with the overall climate and environment of the office. I was able to learn valuable programs and software which enabled me to jumpstart my career in data management.
Engaging in customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 20, 2018
I worked for Stage for nearly 3 years and I still consider it to be one of the best jobs. I only left due to the fact that I had to relocate for school, it was great since I was a student. My manager created an amazing working environment and challenged us to meet goals, and they motivating us to not just reach but surpass these goals.
Company doesn’t care about its employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LaAugust 20, 2018
Working for Stage was the root of most of my stress. Corporate expects all employees to get customers to sign up for magazines (that no one wants because its 2018 and they’re free online) and credit cards that most customers already have. And if you don’t meet their goals, you may be out of a job. Not enough hours are given to cover all departments so its left to the managers to clean the whole store AND put out all of the freight. On busy weekends, there’s not enough employees to help customers, so the customer service isn’t the best. The company truly doesn’t care about its employees at all. The amount of work that’s expected from you is not worth what they are paying you. The only good thing about working there is that sometimes they give associates an extra 10-20% off of their discount, which is already 20% off. I would not recommend working here unless it was your last option.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, expectations, upper management
Not a good place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pageland, SCAugust 12, 2018
Stage stores do not care about their employees. All they care about is if you get people to apply for credit cards or sign up for magazines. They could care less if you show up on time everyday. They could care less if you have never missed a shift. It does not matter how hard you work, you will not be recognized for anything except how many credit cards and magazines you get. The pay is not worth it at all and you only get a raise once a year. The yearly raise you get is usually around 10-15 cents. Really not worth your time at all!
Pros
Associate discount
Cons
Employees are not cared about at all!
Stressful
Sales Floor Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West jordan utahAugust 9, 2018
You are constantly bugged about getting credits apps and other things like donations and mag subscriptions. When it comes to the store manager, they dont treat you like a valuable person. They always take anger out on the associates and other department leads.

Pay on the other hand was not terrible. Stage has definatly helped but I personally dont think it's very competitive.

This specific store I worked at do not like to have fun. They are all about credits and keeping the store clean which I get, it's my job to do that but I would like to he able to enjoy coming to work instead of being stressed and angry 24/7.
Pros
Great and friendly sales associates. Fun to work together and some department leads
Cons
Pay, managers, store manager, hours
Did not like working here at all.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Malvern, ARAugust 9, 2018
The company made us focus on selling magazine subscriptions to every customer that used a debit or credit card. They also made us talk people into applying for a store credit card even if they knew it wasn't going to be approved. After working for the company for 2 years as a supervisor, they decided to cut my hours from 32-34 hours a week to 25 hours a week. I was not made aware of this until the week before it took place.
Love this company
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Paintsville, KYAugust 8, 2018
I've worked on and off for over 5 years, everyone welcomes you with open arms! Love stage stores!! Never would have left but had to travel for work, once you start working here you'll love it if you love customer service
Always Get It In Writing!
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSAugust 3, 2018
This review is for Gordman's. Stage was a great place to work even though the pay was not the greatest. The DM was amazing and his hands were tied so many times.

This review is for Gordman's. I would definitely get whatever they tell you in writing. They obviously do not communicate with each other and they don't quite tell you everything. So my advice, get it in writing.

I would never recommend working for them. They are so unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Very unprofessional
Not good management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 2, 2018
poorly managed and had trouble getting pay ..Liked my co-workers and the customers..didn't like pushing credit card sales and Magazine sales..Could never get CSM to help or get bathroom breaks..
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
breaks and pushing credit card apps
Fast pace, busy continuously
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 31, 2018
Built some great relationships with coworkers and customers. Enjoyed helping customers with their fashion wardrobe, giving my advice/ opinion when asked for. Provided information regarding our discounts & promotions for customers to take advantage of.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Pay rate not suitable
Great atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Franklin, LAJuly 26, 2018
Everyone gets along and pushs one another to meet their goals. Management is wonderful. They have taught me so much about the job. All in all it’s a great place to work.
Horrible
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  LapalceJuly 24, 2018
Messy environment, messy employees, messy management, everything was messy. The store manager was really cut throat, she would talk about other employees to customers or other employees at different stores. Had a accident where she lied on me to the district manager, which almost cost me my job. & the district manager was no help at all.
Pros
Discounts on makeup
Starting at stage is a good start on life.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARJuly 18, 2018
Working for stage showed me how to properly help customers also to be more opened minded about clothing and what makes them unique. Gave me a more leadership role.
very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJuly 17, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company because you met all types of people and you get to also help them. The environment I worked in was very friendly.
good place to work
freight receiving (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARJuly 10, 2018
the management was poor, no training was given at all, there was no paid sick days and no bonus pay and no benefits whatsoever. there was no holiday pay. the pay was very low as well.
Not a fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNJune 24, 2018
If it wasn't for the Manager there.It would of been a good place to work..The manager doesn't like to train and she would back stab everyone to get a head. I wouldn't recommend working at the one in Elizabethton TN..
Pros
Vacation time after 6 months being full time
Cons
The whole store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stage Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight