Stage Stores
64Average

Stage Stores Employee Reviews

United States693 reviews
I worked at stage when I was 16 and then had the pleasure of working for them 20 years later. I enjoyed both times. I would go back a third time in a heartbeat.
Pros
Associate discount
Cons
Not alot of hours available
The people have been great to work with and the fast paced environment keeps me busy. I started out as a seasonal employee and eventually worked my way up to be a store manager in the 5 years I’ve been here
Pros
Annual bonuses
Cons
Pay isn’t competitive with other retailers
Benefits are excellent healthcare excellent vacation time PTO excellent hrs are flexible. Family oriented. Never a dull moment. Promotions within the company is welcomed.
Borger bealls the boss was rude told me I was stupid and don’t need to be at the register and made me clean and dust every rack which I didn’t mind but said I need to do it keeps me away from customers checking out
Cons
Patsy the boss
Great job worked with great people and everyone was very friendly. Loved working with the customers and assisting people in finding their perfect clothes
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
It is unfortunate what has occurred. I saw myself retiring with the company. The people were warm and professional. They were involved with the community and we were planning a food drive, before the pandemic occurred.
This is a good job for a high school/college student who is looking for a decent pay check. You get paid by weekly. There is a lot of standing on the job.
Management sucked. Credit card quotas were ridiculous. Expected us to also act as security guards. Constant criticism. Overall not a very fun place to work. They are going out of business anyway.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
No actual break.
After working at this company for over 20 years, they decided to close and did not give any compensation (severance pay) for the job anyone did. Maybe to the managers and supervisors but not the hourly employees They closed and at least the CEO did send out letters on the outcome of the company. When a job was open and posted, the managers already knew who they were giving the job to.
Pros
some good raises
Cons
no advancement
I loved my job at stage because of the people I worked with. We all worked together as a team and made each day as easy as possible. The store was in its decline and I am sad that there will no longer be a Stage store to work at. They treated their employees with respect and had great benefits. I would have enjoyed working for them for many years if only it was possible.
Pros
Benefits for full time positions, great management
Cons
Shutting down, hectic changeover process with no real outcome. No severance package.
Rewarding job. Regional Manager was awesome. CEO does not have the Company’s best interest in mind. Team work is always encourage. Loved my time with this company.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Ceo
The job started out good but as time went on things changed. I did not fit in so I was left out of alot of stuff. I liked what I did there, I would work cash register and at times re-organizing clothes.
Starting out Stage was a great place to work, then I soon realized that was a smoking mirror. The management team was AWFUL!! The HR department had a few bad apples, that made the environment very uncomfortable a lot of times. Very clique-ish and mean girl behavior from the HR management team. Lots of gossip and fake professionalism. The workers were a delight and had the capability of being strong attributes, but never were promoted or given a fair chance to do so. I think if there were changes in management, this place would and could be better.
Benefits
Cons
Bad management
I liked this job. I got to dress nicely each day and talk to alot of cool people. The clothing and products they sell here and quality. The only thing is my managers weren't great with communication.
The manager was obviously racist, said horrible things about ex employees, was not professional what so ever. I always felt left out and like my boss was talking about me to other people.
Cons
I was the store manager, upon starting I had no management team at all. I had no training because we had 6 DM’s in my short time there. They are more worried about money then customers or employees! The higher ups only care about keeping their salary the same an cutting anything to do with employees. At my store starting pay for just a sales associate is 7.50. And they only meant me to work them 10 hrs a week. That is nothing for a teen who needs to pay insurance and buy gas.
Pros
Loved my customers and my team
Cons
My manager was never there when I needed them.
This job is good on flexibility but horrible on management. Doesn’t have much help . Wish things were how they use to be. Sad that the store is possibly closing.
When I was working there, it was an okay experience. The work wasn’t hard or anything, but the store manager at the time could have been more friendly.
The vision and strategy for the company is very vague. It is not very clear as to which customer segment the company caters to. It is very difficult to attract good people to such a culture.
Communication is a serious problem in this company... manger need more control in there position ... assistant should be held accountable for insubordination @ work...
I loved it up to the point where management started to to push me out. If get mcoked when owning up to my mistakes. Hurt at the time because I was apologizing with all my heart. It is the worse, and I was treated like I was nothing, but when it came to the favorite lazy ones. No one could print It out. Unfair
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stage Stores. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight