Stage Stores Employee Reviews

I was discrimated against and constantly repremanded
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2018
I began working at STAGE in the electronics department on the 1st and was left to do everything on my own my the 7th. I was given no formal training and was taught things as issues arose and never before. I was pushed off to other people outside of my team for help, and then later told I asked Too many questions. I was made to feel like a burden and never rewarded for the successes I made. I would NEVER suggest someone to work in the department I did, especially if they are a woman of COLOR.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Managment and NO formal training. Unorganized.
Extremely Hectic Hours, Bad Management, Bad Employees,
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJanuary 8, 2019
The work they make you do is very tiring, for what they paid me, it was pretty bad. Honestly, horrible place to work.. Managers and employees are lazy.. The beauty lines are complete favoritism so they rarely do anything. Don't work here unless you never ever get tired, or if you're an extremely cheerful person. If you get hired, prepare yourself to get pushed until you break physically and mentally. This place doesn't care about your health, just making money and submitting credit card applications.
Pros
20% Discount
Cons
Working there...
company lost touch with customers and associates
Vice President District Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 22, 2018
This company is struggling to follow its own core values. They no longer value their employees which is reflected through the massive workload that is put on the associates at all levels. The expectation is perfection without the tools to achieve it. Good associates leave because they are under appreciated and worked to death. Loyal employees are pushed the point of not caring because they are no longer able to achieve the goals set before them.
Non competitive place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LANovember 24, 2018
Corporate leaders have forgotten what it is like to actually run a store day-to-day and ties the manager's hands when it comes to getting things accomplished.

Company is so worried about saving money on hourly wages, it sacrifices customer service in order to save a few dollars. Because of this, it is hard to hang on to good employees; those willing to go above and beyond due to frustrations within the company.
Good job for going to school
Counter manager (Current Employee) –  Floresville, TXNovember 5, 2018
Stage stores mostly works with if you go to school, not a ideal place to grow with the company. Expectations are beyond wanted with short pay. Depending on the store, some stores are more flexible with weekends, holidays & other events needed off.
Pros
Flexible schedule, commission for counter managers.
Cons
Unprofessional environment, underpaid, work all holidays thanksgiving & Christmas Eve New Year’s Eve
Okay..
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 17, 2018
I loved my job despite it being fast paced and stressful at times. Management was VERY two faced and did a lot of favoritism.
Going up in the company showed true colors.
Also, A LOT of pressure for credit cards and magazines which is hard to get already without all the threats of getting written up or possibly let go.
Pros
Discount/Coupons. Hour lunches (5+ hours)
Cons
Management. Credit card/magazine pressure
Family oriented/trendy workplace
Import Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2018
A typical day at work at Stage Stores would entail a lot of tracking of product/shipments, buying of new product/keying new PO's, customer service, and allocation meetings. The culture at Stage Stores was family-oriented. Retail is a challenging career, but the most rewarding part of my job was assisting customers and the outside community and volunteer opportunities the company took advantage of.
Would NOT Recommend AT ALL!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  BartlJanuary 3, 2019
This place is a joke! We need to get credit cards and magazines everyday and if u don’t that means “ur not doing ur job” We also get very poor hours and tons of things to do in store! They dont care about their employees! They only care about money!!! Seriously tho, $7.50 per hour?! What a joke!
Pros
Associate discount and coupons
Cons
Not enough hours, waaaay to much expectations
Too little pay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  OklahomaDecember 13, 2018
$7.50 an hr to wear business casual....you can't even afford the clothes you're required to wear. I will not support the store with my money as a customer because I don't support paying your good workers such meager wages. When I asked if my degree or previous work history qualified me for a higher wage I was told no. So I told them I was no longer going to work that position.
Company's morale and expectations are excellent. However store managers do not uphold the same company standards
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCSeptember 23, 2018
Poor management. Dishonesty and theft go unchecked. Honest employees are attacked and antagonized. High turnover rates, lack of proper training. Corporate recognizes great work because numbers do not lie, but management promises rewards and incentives but never deliver even though monies would be taken out (petty cash) for such they were not being used properly but for personal gain/use.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of proper training, dishonesty and theft at the hands of upper management
Fast paced with an expectation of excellence
Store manger (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXSeptember 23, 2018
I find that the culture of stage stores has changed in recent years. It has moved from being customer service oriented to more of a money motivated. The hours have been cut in the stores which requires fewer associates to handle more and more work load.
Pros
Employee discounts, paid vacation
Cons
High expectations and poor management. Very little training
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Covington, VANovember 29, 2018
At first I really enjoyed this job I was working with clothes everyday and got discounts on everything. But it wasn’t long until I realized two of the managers were always talking about everyone and about the customers. It was like I was in high school again.
Pros
Discount on everything
Cons
Unprofessional Managers
Overall a bad place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 8, 2018
I would not blame this on the current managing staff, they are wonderful people.
But the working environment was terrible. There was so much to be done and just not enough staff. Pay was low compared to anyone else in the city and I was receiving about 10 hours a week...
Pros
awesome people
Cons
Pay, hours, environment
I love working at Peebles
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Punxsutawney, PAAugust 28, 2018
I love working at Peebles....the biggest downfall of the position is the pay....it should pay more since it is more upscale then Walmart and now that most of the Sears and Bon Ton's in our area have closed....customers shop Peebles for their finer clothing needs....and if an associate is really good at their job (which I am) they should be compensated accordingly for their efforts.....I would love to be making $10+ an hour doing this job
Pros
fun work atmosphere, great employee discount!
Cons
pay
Fun Yet Not Professional
Estee Lauder & Clinique Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXNovember 4, 2018
Being a counter manager for Estée Lauder, & Clinique, was a very interactive job that included very responsible duties and responsibilities. Although I managed my own counter, with having a Clinique counter also in the same store, you sometimes had to be in charge of their duties when needed as well as your own. My head store manager made it difficult to focus on two counters already, but had no problem adding regular store associates uncompleted responsibilities as well as your own. Very unprofessional, extremely unorganized, and never fulfilled anything on time or correctly within the store itself. I feel as if under better, professional management, the beauty counters would have been well organized, more effective in sales, and successful overall.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Management Experience
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of Organization, Very Unprofessionall
Not a good company
Repacker (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 9, 2018
Every department makes the same amount of money and not every area is the same some do more physical work harder work then others but still get paid the same. Temps make more money then a regular worker they have the choice what time they want end there shift and if they want to work overtime
Pros
Employee discount
Heartless Relationship
Security (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IADecember 3, 2018
The pay and hours were more than fair but it didn’t feel like it could outway the dead, emotionless approach the Stage company has towards it stores. They punish you and switch job descriptions whenever it can benefit them
Pros
Good pay, discounts
Cons
Cutthroat, willing to throw employees under the bus
It was a fun place to work. Lots going on. Never boring.
STORE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OK 74501October 25, 2018
I learned customer service. How my reaction influences the reactions of others. I would have the ability to tone down a situation by staying calm and listening to the customers concern. Customers mostly just want to be heard.
Pros
Flexible hours, store discounts
Cons
Low pay; hard work.
Friendly Work Environment
Freight Associate (Current Employee) –  Idabel, OKOctober 12, 2018
Employee's are treated equally and with respect. This is the first job I've ever truly loved. My only criticism would have to be that there isn't near enough hours, nor do we get health benefits.
Pros
Employee Discount. Flexible Hours.
Cons
Pay. No Benefits. Not enough hours. Not enough space to properly store merchandise.
Not a good place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pageland, SCAugust 12, 2018
Stage stores do not care about their employees. All they care about is if you get people to apply for credit cards or sign up for magazines. They could care less if you show up on time everyday. They could care less if you have never missed a shift. It does not matter how hard you work, you will not be recognized for anything except how many credit cards and magazines you get. The pay is not worth it at all and you only get a raise once a year. The yearly raise you get is usually around 10-15 cents. Really not worth your time at all!
Pros
Associate discount
Cons
Employees are not cared about at all!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stage Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight