Stage Stores Management reviews

Fun Yet Not Professional
Estee Lauder & Clinique Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXNovember 4, 2018
Being a counter manager for Estée Lauder, & Clinique, was a very interactive job that included very responsible duties and responsibilities. Although I managed my own counter, with having a Clinique counter also in the same store, you sometimes had to be in charge of their duties when needed as well as your own. My head store manager made it difficult to focus on two counters already, but had no problem adding regular store associates uncompleted responsibilities as well as your own. Very unprofessional, extremely unorganized, and never fulfilled anything on time or correctly within the store itself. I feel as if under better, professional management, the beauty counters would have been well organized, more effective in sales, and successful overall.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Management Experience
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of Organization, Very Unprofessionall
Good People Poor Work Environment
Senior Director, Omni Channel Projects (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2018
Made great life long friends at Stage. New offices very difficult to work in as there is a lot of disruption with open concept cubicles. Middle Management is great but Senior Management could be improved
Pros
People
Cons
No work life balance
Fast paced with an expectation of excellence
Store manger (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXSeptember 23, 2018
I find that the culture of stage stores has changed in recent years. It has moved from being customer service oriented to more of a money motivated. The hours have been cut in the stores which requires fewer associates to handle more and more work load.
Pros
Employee discounts, paid vacation
Cons
High expectations and poor management. Very little training
Company's morale and expectations are excellent. However store managers do not uphold the same company standards
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCSeptember 23, 2018
Poor management. Dishonesty and theft go unchecked. Honest employees are attacked and antagonized. High turnover rates, lack of proper training. Corporate recognizes great work because numbers do not lie, but management promises rewards and incentives but never deliver even though monies would be taken out (petty cash) for such they were not being used properly but for personal gain/use.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of proper training, dishonesty and theft at the hands of upper management
Okay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHSeptember 22, 2018
The job itself was enjoyable. The Manager was terrible. There is such a thing as a leader and a boss. She was a boss that didn't care about her employees.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
the manager's attitude
Fun place to work
PRICING ACCURACY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2018
i enjoyed my almost 16 years at Stage. The company in very involved in the community and volunteers at different agencies throughout the year. The management was wonderful.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
departmentalized by floor so not as much interaction between departments
It's a start
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Good place to start out. Likely would have to leave to advance as desired. Management does not know how to manage. Advancement seems more based on how much someone likes you rather than work skills. You can definitely learn a lot if you seek out teachers and work hard.
Great Workplace
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2018
Stage is a great place to work. I was very happy with the overall climate and environment of the office. I was able to learn valuable programs and software which enabled me to jumpstart my career in data management.
Company doesn’t care about its employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LaAugust 20, 2018
Working for Stage was the root of most of my stress. Corporate expects all employees to get customers to sign up for magazines (that no one wants because its 2018 and they’re free online) and credit cards that most customers already have. And if you don’t meet their goals, you may be out of a job. Not enough hours are given to cover all departments so its left to the managers to clean the whole store AND put out all of the freight. On busy weekends, there’s not enough employees to help customers, so the customer service isn’t the best. The company truly doesn’t care about its employees at all. The amount of work that’s expected from you is not worth what they are paying you. The only good thing about working there is that sometimes they give associates an extra 10-20% off of their discount, which is already 20% off. I would not recommend working here unless it was your last option.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, expectations, upper management
Not a good place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pageland, SCAugust 12, 2018
Stage stores do not care about their employees. All they care about is if you get people to apply for credit cards or sign up for magazines. They could care less if you show up on time everyday. They could care less if you have never missed a shift. It does not matter how hard you work, you will not be recognized for anything except how many credit cards and magazines you get. The pay is not worth it at all and you only get a raise once a year. The yearly raise you get is usually around 10-15 cents. Really not worth your time at all!
Pros
Associate discount
Cons
Employees are not cared about at all!
Great atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Franklin, LAJuly 26, 2018
Everyone gets along and pushs one another to meet their goals. Management is wonderful. They have taught me so much about the job. All in all it’s a great place to work.
Horrible
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  LapalceJuly 24, 2018
Messy environment, messy employees, messy management, everything was messy. The store manager was really cut throat, she would talk about other employees to customers or other employees at different stores. Had a accident where she lied on me to the district manager, which almost cost me my job. & the district manager was no help at all.
Pros
Discounts on makeup
good place to work
freight receiving (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARJuly 10, 2018
the management was poor, no training was given at all, there was no paid sick days and no bonus pay and no benefits whatsoever. there was no holiday pay. the pay was very low as well.
Terrible environment and Staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJune 12, 2018
People that work in this company have no clue what they are dong with their lives. This company or at least the Elkton location has the most terrible staff and managers. Nobody knows what they're doing and managers and CEO's do not care the slightest bit about their employees. The Elkton store is just one huge mess and it needs to be shut down. Nothing good is coming from, or going into it.
Bad Manager
Store Associate- Summer employee (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 8, 2018
I did not enjoy my time at Stage due to poor management. For the first two weeks I did not know my schedule ahead of time and I was very poorly trained. I personally will never work in retail again from this experience.
Pros
employee discounts
Worst Job Ever
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 4, 2018
This job was all about kissing tail with district manager, No room for advancement if your not that type of person. Manager was not supportive, always calling in sick.
Ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 26, 2018
In the last several years this company has gone down.the management you are hiring are NOT ok
knowledgeable about the company's policies and procedures. They are bringing in the friends and family members. New associates are NOT being trained properly. We have a worker who doubles up on coupons and changes prices on items.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
corporate demands do not match payroll allowed leading to stressful environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, KYMay 19, 2018
Pay is somewhat better than minimum wage but payroll is extremely limited leaving extremely stressful work environments. High turnover rate and lots of work needed depending on size of store, my store was huge and we could never get everything done because of the payroll, yet corporate demands remained high and there was no sympathy. This lead to very stressed out managers who were frustrated and underappreciated, and this trickled down to employees, so morale was low, and even though payroll, i am there almost every day, only for a couple of hours. plus, it is much busier than corporate expects, i guess, and it will be me only on the floor and customers get frustrated, take it out on me, plus i do not have enough time at all to get everything else done that needs to like recovery, so store stays a mess.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no breaks, high demands, understaffed, stressful, too many hours, not enough pay
Worst job ever
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 1, 2018
Terrible company. No work/ family balance. Corporate doesn’t care about employees. Very stressful and low pay. Only stayed so long because I liked my staff.
Pros
Zero
Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORApril 27, 2018
Terrible company to work for. The store manager is absolutely awful, rude to not only employees but cuastomers. Absolutely awful place to work, hours suck, pay aucks, management aucks. Wouldn't recommend working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stage Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight