Stage Stores Management reviews

Great Workplace
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2018
Stage is a great place to work. I was very happy with the overall climate and environment of the office. I was able to learn valuable programs and software which enabled me to jumpstart my career in data management.
Company doesn’t care about its employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LaAugust 20, 2018
Working for Stage was the root of most of my stress. Corporate expects all employees to get customers to sign up for magazines (that no one wants because its 2018 and they’re free online) and credit cards that most customers already have. And if you don’t meet their goals, you may be out of a job. Not enough hours are given to cover all departments so its left to the managers to clean the whole store AND put out all of the freight. On busy weekends, there’s not enough employees to help customers, so the customer service isn’t the best. The company truly doesn’t care about its employees at all. The amount of work that’s expected from you is not worth what they are paying you. The only good thing about working there is that sometimes they give associates an extra 10-20% off of their discount, which is already 20% off. I would not recommend working here unless it was your last option.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, expectations, upper management
Not a good place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pageland, SCAugust 12, 2018
Stage stores do not care about their employees. All they care about is if you get people to apply for credit cards or sign up for magazines. They could care less if you show up on time everyday. They could care less if you have never missed a shift. It does not matter how hard you work, you will not be recognized for anything except how many credit cards and magazines you get. The pay is not worth it at all and you only get a raise once a year. The yearly raise you get is usually around 10-15 cents. Really not worth your time at all!
Pros
Associate discount
Cons
Employees are not cared about at all!
Great atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Franklin, LAJuly 26, 2018
Everyone gets along and pushs one another to meet their goals. Management is wonderful. They have taught me so much about the job. All in all it’s a great place to work.
Horrible
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  LapalceJuly 24, 2018
Messy environment, messy employees, messy management, everything was messy. The store manager was really cut throat, she would talk about other employees to customers or other employees at different stores. Had a accident where she lied on me to the district manager, which almost cost me my job. & the district manager was no help at all.
Pros
Discounts on makeup
good place to work
freight receiving (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARJuly 10, 2018
the management was poor, no training was given at all, there was no paid sick days and no bonus pay and no benefits whatsoever. there was no holiday pay. the pay was very low as well.
Terrible environment and Staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJune 12, 2018
People that work in this company have no clue what they are dong with their lives. This company or at least the Elkton location has the most terrible staff and managers. Nobody knows what they're doing and managers and CEO's do not care the slightest bit about their employees. The Elkton store is just one huge mess and it needs to be shut down. Nothing good is coming from, or going into it.
Bad Manager
Store Associate- Summer employee (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 8, 2018
I did not enjoy my time at Stage due to poor management. For the first two weeks I did not know my schedule ahead of time and I was very poorly trained. I personally will never work in retail again from this experience.
Pros
employee discounts
Worst Job Ever
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 4, 2018
This job was all about kissing tail with district manager, No room for advancement if your not that type of person. Manager was not supportive, always calling in sick.
Ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 26, 2018
In the last several years this company has gone down.the management you are hiring are NOT ok
knowledgeable about the company's policies and procedures. They are bringing in the friends and family members. New associates are NOT being trained properly. We have a worker who doubles up on coupons and changes prices on items.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
corporate demands do not match payroll allowed leading to stressful environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, KYMay 19, 2018
Pay is somewhat better than minimum wage but payroll is extremely limited leaving extremely stressful work environments. High turnover rate and lots of work needed depending on size of store, my store was huge and we could never get everything done because of the payroll, yet corporate demands remained high and there was no sympathy. This lead to very stressed out managers who were frustrated and underappreciated, and this trickled down to employees, so morale was low, and even though payroll, i am there almost every day, only for a couple of hours. plus, it is much busier than corporate expects, i guess, and it will be me only on the floor and customers get frustrated, take it out on me, plus i do not have enough time at all to get everything else done that needs to like recovery, so store stays a mess.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no breaks, high demands, understaffed, stressful, too many hours, not enough pay
Worst job ever
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 1, 2018
Terrible company. No work/ family balance. Corporate doesn’t care about employees. Very stressful and low pay. Only stayed so long because I liked my staff.
Pros
Zero
Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORApril 27, 2018
Terrible company to work for. The store manager is absolutely awful, rude to not only employees but cuastomers. Absolutely awful place to work, hours suck, pay aucks, management aucks. Wouldn't recommend working here.
Productive and fun environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpine, TXApril 26, 2018
Great management skills. Very work orientated. Always had something to do. Enjoyed working with customers and my manager. Enjoyed the environment and atmosphere in the store.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits
Ridiculous Expectations.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKApril 16, 2018
You are given an unrealistic expectations. The district manager knows nothing. You have to fight to have at LEAST 15 hours. Raises are only 10 cents.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Staff treatment, unrealistic goals, pay grade, hours
online customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2018
the job itself was an ok job monday through friday definitely can't beat that however there was no where for advancement in the call center and the management was very sometiming and had there favorites
Pros
monday-friday
Cons
no advancement
Asset Protection
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2018
Management was poor. Did not know how to manage a store. Housekeeping was horrible and had mold in the store. High turnover at the store. Hostile work environment, did not want security in the store because of employee theft.
Pros
Cons
hostile, drama, high turnover, insulting, and no hours
Staffing issues
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans Bay, VTMarch 21, 2018
They don’t pay very well for management and the store was understaffed and there was a tremendous amount of shortage. I tried to teach my staff to come out from behind the registers and greet and assist the customers so that would lower the chance for theft but they weren’t cooperative. There needed to be an employee to do stick work so the sales associates could focus on selling and opening credit cards ,
Pros
Price point low and good selection
Cons
Dysfunctional infrastructure
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXMarch 15, 2018
I have been a sales associate for over 5 years and I love my part- time job love the employee discount. Good management and hard working Co-workers. I would recommend these job as a good part time job.
Nothing negative to say.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARMarch 14, 2018
Working for this company was a wonderful learning experience. The management staff was helpful. I learned may key skills required in the working world.
Pros
Experience
Cons
None.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stage Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight