Staley Technologies Employee Reviews

Enjoyable and good environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 6, 2018
A typical day at the office , was getting all the report's in and accounting for the things that was spent on materials and hotels that the guys needed in the field.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
Always checking on employees
Good job
Data Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2018
It is a good place. But you must be willing to travel. Your on the road a lot. But everyone works together. People from all aspects of life. You learn as you go. .
Collaborative,. friendly people to work with
Senior Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 9, 2018
Friendly collaborative people in the Denver office, everyone always trying to do their best for the Company, which I admired. The hardest part was there was little to no budget for our department. They ended up closing most of the remote offices.
Currently experiencing financial challenges
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 22, 2017
Currently going through a downsize and national restructuring. Prior to their challenges it was a much better place to work. Staley expects their salary employees to work excessive hours and weekends if required. Nature of their business model.
Pros
Home office since they closed several offices
Cons
Overall outlook and morale is low
Solid place to work
Lead Technician/Electrician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72209August 13, 2017
Staley has been my bread and butter for 15+ yrs. I will be dedicated to a company as long as they are dedicated to me. I like to do a lot of service work. This is my primary role. I am a problem solver and there seems to never be a shortage of that for me here.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
travel all the time
Loyalty Should Not Be Core Value
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 1, 2017
This company never promises what it sells it employees and if you are not in the inner circle forget any advancement or raises.Loyalty is it core value but they would rather eliminate the workers that work vs. those that are never there and keep job because of relationships with management
Pros
Staff
Cons
management
Relaxed atmosphere and always changing
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARApril 26, 2017
Great place to work and the employees are friendly and helpful. The company has a very relaxed atmosphere and management was always willing to help. Limited growth opportunities but overall a great company.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Not enough growth opportunities
Different work places from day to day
Data Tech (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 10, 2017
Different tasks with in the IT Field ranging from fixing Point of Sales systems to racking servers and switches to cabling for new data drops or new cameras , Surveying different sites for Wireless remediation or upgrades to existing infrastructure
Pros
Decent wages and benifits
Cons
Lots of travel
Staley is a good place to work when they have work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COMarch 23, 2017
Staley has good core values and great people. Like any other business they need to generate more business to grow. They are going backwards due to trying to grow to fast.
Pros
transparent, good people
Cons
need better PM Management and more diverse customers to keep work flow up.
Run
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 1, 2017
The corporate office seems to want to do you right, but the working conditions are not good. No time in taken in choosing a working partner you could be spending 12 weeks with 24/7.
You get the feeling no one is covering your back. Just not what I thought it would be. The office people are nice.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
The people you have to work with
A good place to work
Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 17, 2017
The owners care about their employees. They have good benefits. Because of the nature of the work you may have to work from home sometimes but its a good place to work.
A lot of travel and rarely home
Electrician Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 19, 2016
Not a bad place to work just a lot of traveling. I love the work I do and am learning a new trade which is nice. I am always willing to learn new things
Pros
Per diem
Cons
travel
Dispatch
Office Secretary/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 22, 2016
Change is good for the Community, and Stark County has changed. The New Sheriff is the one who gets things done, and is fair and no Politics with all.
High travel
DATA CABLING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 24, 2016
Great opportunity for travel and to earn money. Company offers benefits as well as company vehicle, which you take home
Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 4, 2016
Great work environment. I started out learning about billing and moved on to learning all about the project cycle. The employees are helpful and encouraging. The management team has an open door policy and encourage everyone to contribute to the wellness of the company.
Pros
Friendly enviornment.
Cons
Due to low turnover advancement can be slow.
Daily
Lead Data Technician (Current Employee) –  Nation wideMarch 30, 2016
Minimum Supervision on the road, but when in need of some insight they are there for you. Family oriented company and areas for growth.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Not enough work
Work is good, No private life, but good company to work for
Data Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 5, 2015
Away from home a lot, really no private life. Work is great when there is work, but sometimes during the holiday period work comes to a complete halt. It is a good company to work for everyone at corporate will drop what they are doing to help you.
Speak to any tech and there's not a kind word to say
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 28, 2015
This company hired me a week before the slow season. I had no consistent training in the company's work ethic. I worked literally anywhere from 8 to 20 hours a week. I was told from the beginning that the hours would consist of hours from 60-80 hours a week.
The company constantly tries to save money. There were nights that I was forced to stay at hotels that were in shady parts of town with illicit activities taking place. Which you are forced to share the room with a coworker. There's no such thing as sleep time or tours. You can work from 9pm to 7am or later then work from 8am to 8pm the next. The only thing that they adhere to is a 15 hour work rule. If you work over 15 hours you are forced to sleep at a hotel even if you're an hour away from home. If you are out of town and your appointment is cancelled they will not give you any compensation for the time you're spending waiting in your hotel room.
Management schedules your next week at 5pm on Friday for work on the new work week that begins on Saturday. They hound you on the stuff on submitting your work hours and penalize you for not submitting it when you end your shift at the end of your day. If you get the wrong info to submit they penalize you on that too. Never delete any of your documents it's the only thing that will save you.
During long drives to your work assignment the techs do nothing but bad mouth the company. I heard so much in a little amount of time that I didn't want to hear it but when you hear the same thing from different techs you tend to listen.
I worked with one tech who was there for a number
  more... of years without a raise. He was an older man who had a number of years within the field of work. Later I found out he was a brother-in-law of the dispatcher. He received preferential treatment like getting high profile jobs that were cakewalk. He was also the most incompetent person I had ever worked with. I ran circles around this man. He consistently broke safety rules like standing on the top step of a ladder.
The biggest lie that the company tows is family first. I was forced to work on an assigned day off that was my birthday that I had plans to spend with family and friend and I had to cancel because of work. The second was a 6 hour notice of flying out of state on New Year's Eve. This was another day that I was going to spend with family and was squashed. Yet management said I was scheduled to go. It was never on my schedule and I had to travel on my holiday. There are so many false promises made that I would never trust any of the management ever due to their sheer incompetence.
Also note this! Keep your receipts. They will charge you for anything that they don't have the receipts for...plus an additional $20 for each receipt that is missing.
The ethics and rules that are involved with the company and it's employees are laughable at best. No one follows any of them. It's pretty much do it at the office and not in the field.
The most enjoyably part of the job has to be the benefits. You get a decent wage. But now a days healthcare is pretty much guarantee. You also get dental and vision.
Benefits
Cons
Co-workers are full of negativity, management is inept, Hours
Great place to work!
Electrician/Data Technician Lead (Current Employee) –  Plain City, OHJuly 18, 2014
Lots of travel and far away from home a lot.

Pay is great and a lot of overtime
Good place with people you can work with anytime.
Service/install Tech (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARDecember 6, 2013
When you work it is fast and a little hard.You may have down time during jogs but it does not last long. Most of the people are good to work for and with.
Pros
When there is work there is lots of it.
Cons
When there is no work it slow down quick.