Stamford Health Medical Group Employee Reviews

Great team work with coworkers
Procedure Scheduler/Receptionist/Register (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 31, 2018
Loved the work I did and working with my coworkers. It the organization does not value hard working actual employees and over work employees! They only add work to actual employees but not looking to actual hire more employees.
Pros
Good insurances
Cons
Short breaks, never value the job done
great place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 13, 2018
its a great place to work, almost everyone knows about team work. benefits and pay are great especially for people with families.
its just too far from home for me.
Pros
benefits, good pay, facilities are awesome
Cons
too far from home
Keep Looking
Medical Receptionist / Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Darien, CTApril 9, 2018
First you are catfished into an interview thinking that its Stamford Hospital. STMG and SH are not the same!

SHMG will keep you in the same position with the same pay and will keep reducing the workforce but not never increase your salary. You have a 8 hour work day and only 30 minutes lunch unpaid. Enjoy!

The management is super political and biased. Human resources is of no help and seems to back up management, not the employee.

The almighty dollar rules ...that and Planetree!
Pros
good colleagues
Cons
unlimited
Loved the place but I had to relocate.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 26, 2018
Fast paced, good learning and skill building environment;
fresh out of school medical assistants are always welcome to jump start their carrer . Loved the coffee & tea & lounge areas & bday mini-parties.
Benefits
Productive and fast-paced employee
Contact Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 18, 2018
I work in a very faced-paced centralized contact center environment. I schedule for 40 different physicians, which consists of eight different practices. Each call is completely different and must be tailored to each patient. I train all new hires and assist my current colleges with any revised updates that may occur throughout the day.

Working for eight different practices, it has given me the knowledge in medical, without having a clinical degree. I have learned how to differentiate and understand the patients needs, which sometimes the patient my not know themselves.

Management is excellent for acknowledging each employees quality of work. They are encouraging and uplifting. My management team has an open door policy and, is always accepting of new ideas from myself and my peers for improving the quality of patient care.

The most difficult part of the job is the pain and suffering of the patients.

The most rewarding part of my position is to place a smile on a patients face in their time of need. Building a good rapport with each patient and their families consistently.
Pros
To make a difference in people's lives everyday, there is such a positive impact that can be made on patients lives on a daily basis, I truly enjoy building the patient care experience daily.
Cons
Exposed to a large amount of sickness and sometimes nothing can be done, When a patient becomes deceased
Contact Center Management is the Achilles heel
Receptionist/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 16, 2018
I learned from my peers and staff/specialties affiliated with the center. A typical day consists of scheduling appointments for patients. Unfortunately, favoritism and incompetence is the downfall of contact center management.
Experience
Call Agent (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 13, 2018
It is a great experience working with patients and assisting them in their next step with contacting a doctor or setting up an appointment. It helps build communication skills and skills to help de-escalate a problem a patient is having.
busy workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 12, 2018
Typical work day is always busy, fast paced. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet new people and being able to build a professional relationship with patients
Pros
patient and health care provider professional relationships
Cons
short breaks
Fun and fast paced
Externship (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 29, 2017
The job was very fast paced. Every morning I would pull each patients chart for the day and prepare the room for them. I would answer phone calls and take down messages. I learned that working as a team and communicating with each other is very important. I felt very comfortable at the job and everyone was very helpful. At first it was hard to know the routine but after practice it became an easy habit. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyday I learned something new because every patient is different and all came in for different reasons.
Productive, fast paced
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 27, 2017
Fast paced environment. Doctors are all amazing. Management needs to be worked on. Down side of having multiple offices is that there is a lot of miscommunication and can lead to many issues.

I love my co-workers. We know how to work as a team.
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
fine place to work
Service Line Administrator Multi-Specialties (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 2, 2017
Strong management, strong financial department. Weak IT team, very poor EMR for physicians and staff.
Incentivized fairly well to work hard for a desired end result.
Pros
generous PTO
Cons
no 401 K match
People are its assets
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 24, 2017
SHMG is special because of all the talented caring people it carefully hires and employs. The front line staff are dedicated and always place their patients first. Middle management are the most cohesive group I have ever had the pleasure of working with. This is attributed to monthly practice managers meetings and a genuine interest in helping one another at every opportunity. For this and other reasons the people are SHMG's assets.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Changing Culture
productive, fun workplace
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 26, 2017
Flexibility,Great Staff, Many employees are really like family... You'll usually like the people you work side by side with. Training was great,Team work when it came to taking care of the patients Wonderful place to work; family oriented; teamwork, compassion, safety, quality care evident. This is a great place to work! The staff works in such great teams and provides compassionate and efficient care to all their patients AND families!! The doctors and PAs are wonderful and knowledgeable. The whole team is talented and works very well together!
TERRIFIC PLACE!
Great job, looking for a new opportunity
Senior Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 6, 2016
I love working for SHMG-OBGYN but administration is a bit restricting with regard to making changes to better the practice. I also feel the employee retention rate is very low which complicates work and I think we are a bit understaffed which prohibits the best customer service we can provide.