Stamford Hospital Employee Reviews

Patient Business Services - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 3, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Stamford Hospital. The company strives to provide a healthy lifestyle and work environment for its employees. It also offered a lot of fringe benefits such as discounts at local delis andon site massages for its employees.
Pros
Discounts on healthy living
productive worplace
X-Ray Technologist ( student intern) (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 31, 2018
Overall,it is a great and productive place to work. Staff is caring and professional, always ready to help patients.Flexible schedule, and excellent benefits.
Clinical Coordinator and Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 28, 2018
Great place to work with very nice people. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help one another out. Great management and a lot of opportunities for growth within the organization.
An excellent place of employment!
Perioperative operating room nurse (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 22, 2018
An ideal facility which encourages autonomy, development, setting no boundaries between management and workers! all decision are based on the decisions of all; allowing all levels to vocalize their need and ambitions!
Pros
self actualization
Cons
employee parking 10 minutes away by shuttle but very much work the ride lol
Organized workplace and a quiet enviroment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 7, 2018
A typical day at work I need to Support staff to Patient registration,
Customer service, orientation to patients within the hospital , answer phone calls.
Working as a support for patient registration helped me to treat people from different cultures. A very quiet and very organized work environment. The hardest part of this work was to make the patients understand that we had to follow a work procedure established by the Hospital. The most enjoyable part was seeing the patients satisfied by the service provided
work
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 17, 2018
A typical Day at Stamford Hospital is very, very, very fast paced.
You will learn a lot being at this hospital.
My manager was a tyrant.
workplace culture was okay.
The most enjoyable part is the staff and the great patient you get to meet everyday while working.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
the tyrant boss
Directors need to be more aware of their employees
clerical coordinatgor (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 11, 2018
Management make changes w/o the employees knowledge how will affect the job what we do. No communication.
Upper management is very difficult to establish a relation with employees. It is their way only,
I am not talking about direct supervisors or CEO.
Relaxed atmosphere which allows contact with other departments within hospital.
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 11, 2018
Very organized and structured the physically close quarters permit team work which ensures productivity...Attention to detail as required as efficient programming of equipment is essential for immediate response.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
occasional overnight shifts without warning
Good
Supervisor Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 8, 2018
great benefits at the organization. There is a lack of communication between departments. It would be nice to see more support from managers on a daily basis.
Look somewhere else
Patient Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 28, 2018
Stamford Hospital does not compensate you well what so ever. It is a lot of work for little pay. If you are looking to work for a hospital please look elsewhere.
Fast paced environment with opportunity to improve and learn
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 23, 2018
I enjoy working at Stamford Hospital.
Staff gets along great, we work together as a team
The reason I am looking elsewhere isn't to necessarily leave this company.
I would love to stay with this company as I am treated well, but the hours I am working no longer fits my current circumstances.
It's a great place to work.
gdfsgdfsfdgfds
Systems Integration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 10, 2018
I dont want to fill this out but you are requiring me for some odd reason so now I am just rambling to get to submit. I am just trying to reach the minimum
Helping those in need
Lead Diet Technician (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 9, 2018
No job is perfect, no co-worker is perfect, no manger is either but here at the hospital you can make a huge impact on those patients in need. You go to work and work hard but you leave feeling good. Being a member of the Stamford community my whole life, I was proud to help assist my fellow neighbor. You meet a very diverse group of people and you serve them all equally. You see all the different thing people can go through in the world and you learn to be able to relate to them all.... Maybe a little too deep and maybe not enough detail about the day to day hustle and bustle but that is my review of working at the Stamford Hospital. I enjoyed my time there and I enjoyed serving the people.
Pros
We are truly, truly helping others in need
Cons
Despite being in a position to help others in need, some choose not too
Best Hospital/Employer I've had in my career
Staff RN and ED Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  StamFebruary 5, 2018
I started at Stamford as a travel nurse and really fell in love with the culture and management. I found career advancement and that my voice was heard. I felt like I made a difference and I mattered.
Pros
Co-workers/Management
Cons
Commute
Pay is good, but it's not worth the experience
STAFF RN (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 28, 2018
Worked as a RN here for several years. Management is sub-par. Career advancement is not a priority, and opportunities for advancement are routinely withheld to benefit the needs of the particular unit you were hired for. Pay is becoming comparable to NY, but they are not unionized. I can count on two hands the number of lunch breaks I was able to take in the last 5 years that I worked there. They are barely holding on to Magnet status and the Planetree culture is a joke.
Unit Coordinator in the ED
Emergency Room Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 28, 2018
This position could be very slow or very chaotic. It depended on the day. Loved the fast paced environment and the ever changing days. I learned a lot working in the emergency room.
stressful ER
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 9, 2018
Provide emergency medical care to an average of 30 critically ill patients per shift within a 20+ bed Emergency Department.
Ensure the provision of quality emergency medical care to patients requiring emergency treatment in accordance with physician orders, hospital policy, and standard nursing practice.
Perform patient assessment and nursing diagnosis.
benefits
Cons
stressful ER
Great experience, but I'd look elsewhere
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 2, 2018
The management here is some of the worst Ive ever seen. And I was in the military!
Part of the problem is that management has no checks or balances. Nobody higher up seems to care. How else could you explain losing 80% of your staff to transfers, resignations and terminations and all the while upper management does nothing.
To say that there is favoritism among managers would be a huge understatement. When I was there I saw one tech written up when he came in late 12 times while another was written up only after being late 25 times. And you can be written up for anything. Even being late 1 minute!
The whole time I was there I felt like I was swimming with sharks. So if you are looking for experience, get what you need and get out! If you are looking for a career, don't bother.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
extreme favoritism and politics
Too long ago
Vascular Access Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 23, 2017
It was over 20 years since I worked there, it's changed a lot, it would not be fair to review the hospital now. There is a brand new building and new culture that I am not familiar with.
It is a great place to work for
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working for Stamford Hospital I was there for nearly 10 years and I do not regret any of my years spent there. Unfortunately I had to leave due to personal reasons.
Pros
Great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stamford Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.