Stamford Hospital Employee Reviews

Okay hospital
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 13, 2018
If you do not know someone who works here, or the big wigs themselves it is very hard to get in. The ED is like a big high school. Cliques everywhere.
Pros
Beautiful new Hospital
Cons
Hard to get in
Quality Care and Improved Technology
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 11, 2018
Stamford Hospital is a great place to work. The care, quality and time given to patients is excellent. Work environment is great. Benefits are good and opportunity to grow and advance. If I'm ever sick or need surgery that's the hospital I would choose.
Pros
Benefits, room to advance, salary, PTO great.
Cons
Weeks are 37.5 for most employees
Poor management
SOCIAL WORK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 22, 2018
Very apparent disconnect between upper management and employees. Incompetence is rampant in this organization and those less skilled advance as long as they know the right people. Hard work and high morales are rewarded with termination. Look elsewhere.
A place to work only for the desperate
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 18, 2018
Poor management - zero communication about anything except for problems and admonishment. Very poor morale. Staff not treated well. Staff does not get along with each other - a lot of long-term toxic attitudes. This place is just a hardship to work for in many ways. Very depressing atmosphere.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Everything else.
Just a job
ED Tech (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 12, 2018
Long days, unsafe environment, miserable staff, and abusive management in the ER. However, great company benefits, beautiful hospital, good company to work for. The issues are department-specific.
Pros
Free food, good benefits, good comraderie, beautiful hospital
Cons
13 hour shifts, unsafe work environment
Patient Business Services - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 3, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Stamford Hospital. The company strives to provide a healthy lifestyle and work environment for its employees. It also offered a lot of fringe benefits such as discounts at local delis andon site massages for its employees.
Pros
Discounts on healthy living
productive worplace
X-Ray Technologist ( student intern) (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 31, 2018
Overall,it is a great and productive place to work. Staff is caring and professional, always ready to help patients.Flexible schedule, and excellent benefits.
Clinical Coordinator and Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 28, 2018
Great place to work with very nice people. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help one another out. Great management and a lot of opportunities for growth within the organization.
An excellent place of employment!
Perioperative operating room nurse (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 22, 2018
An ideal facility which encourages autonomy, development, setting no boundaries between management and workers! all decision are based on the decisions of all; allowing all levels to vocalize their need and ambitions!
Pros
self actualization
Cons
employee parking 10 minutes away by shuttle but very much work the ride lol
Organized workplace and a quiet enviroment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 7, 2018
A typical day at work I need to Support staff to Patient registration,
Customer service, orientation to patients within the hospital , answer phone calls.
Working as a support for patient registration helped me to treat people from different cultures. A very quiet and very organized work environment. The hardest part of this work was to make the patients understand that we had to follow a work procedure established by the Hospital. The most enjoyable part was seeing the patients satisfied by the service provided
good
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 24, 2018
Stamford hospital was my first nursing job and it was a good place to work. I learned a lot and we had great teamwork on our floor. I lasted 3 years there and was ready to move back home
Pros
cooperative coworkers
Cons
nurse/patient ratio
work
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 17, 2018
A typical Day at Stamford Hospital is very, very, very fast paced.
You will learn a lot being at this hospital.
My manager was a tyrant.
workplace culture was okay.
The most enjoyable part is the staff and the great patient you get to meet everyday while working.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
the tyrant boss
Directors need to be more aware of their employees
clerical coordinatgor (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 11, 2018
Management make changes w/o the employees knowledge how will affect the job what we do. No communication.
Upper management is very difficult to establish a relation with employees. It is their way only,
I am not talking about direct supervisors or CEO.
Relaxed atmosphere which allows contact with other departments within hospital.
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 11, 2018
Very organized and structured the physically close quarters permit team work which ensures productivity...Attention to detail as required as efficient programming of equipment is essential for immediate response.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
occasional overnight shifts without warning
Good
Supervisor Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 8, 2018
great benefits at the organization. There is a lack of communication between departments. It would be nice to see more support from managers on a daily basis.
Look somewhere else
Patient Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 28, 2018
Stamford Hospital does not compensate you well what so ever. It is a lot of work for little pay. If you are looking to work for a hospital please look elsewhere.
Fast paced environment with opportunity to improve and learn
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 23, 2018
I enjoy working at Stamford Hospital.
Staff gets along great, we work together as a team
The reason I am looking elsewhere isn't to necessarily leave this company.
I would love to stay with this company as I am treated well, but the hours I am working no longer fits my current circumstances.
It's a great place to work.
gdfsgdfsfdgfds
Systems Integration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 10, 2018
I dont want to fill this out but you are requiring me for some odd reason so now I am just rambling to get to submit. I am just trying to reach the minimum
Helping those in need
Lead Diet Technician (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 9, 2018
No job is perfect, no co-worker is perfect, no manger is either but here at the hospital you can make a huge impact on those patients in need. You go to work and work hard but you leave feeling good. Being a member of the Stamford community my whole life, I was proud to help assist my fellow neighbor. You meet a very diverse group of people and you serve them all equally. You see all the different thing people can go through in the world and you learn to be able to relate to them all.... Maybe a little too deep and maybe not enough detail about the day to day hustle and bustle but that is my review of working at the Stamford Hospital. I enjoyed my time there and I enjoyed serving the people.
Pros
We are truly, truly helping others in need
Cons
Despite being in a position to help others in need, some choose not too
Best Hospital/Employer I've had in my career
Staff RN and ED Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  StamFebruary 5, 2018
I started at Stamford as a travel nurse and really fell in love with the culture and management. I found career advancement and that my voice was heard. I felt like I made a difference and I mattered.
Pros
Co-workers/Management
Cons
Commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stamford Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.